What you are banking on with guys like Rex and Roman

Your not taking a look at what they did in their last year.......

You are looking at what they have shown they are CAPABLE of doing.......because they have shown they can do it....and frankly they have shown they can do it RECENTLY

Keep in mind that if these guys are not even available if they are successful in their last year.......

Rex Ryan.....one of the big HC fishes on the market.......2 AFC Championship games

Roman......the OC of a team that has been favored to win it all nearly every recent year.......you dont do that if your offense is not good.

Rex gives the bills credability even the pay from 28th in the league down with the Jags, and Raiders and Browns to 10th- things are just different.

Roman is the key obvious the defense pretty much plug in a guy (although I'm thrilled with Schwartz), his offense was 11th in points 3 of 4 years- get close to that.

Rex had some early success in NY but hell that was 5 years ago now, on the other hand he's not walking into a rebuild he walking into a tweaking we were 9-7 against a tough schedule with no QB.

I'm banking on:

1. Flat out having one of the top defenses in NFL history.

2. Someone at OBD will find a decent QB somehow some way.

3. Improved run game with Roman

4. More aggressive on offense- especially on 4th down.

5. The Bills winning at least 10 games and making the playoffs in 2015.

The naysayer needs to add the truth that Whaley has been unable to land a QB and Ryan & Co. have been unable to turn out a capable QB.

If we learn to run the ball again and we learn to play some dink and dunk upgrading or maintaining skill at the slot or TE we will be more successful on offense. Reminder: Hogan is a FA.

I'm banking on:

1. Flat out having one of the top defenses in NFL history.

2. Someone at OBD will find a decent QB somehow some way.

3. Improved run game with Roman

4. More aggressive on offense- especially on 4th down.

5. The Bills winning at least 10 games and making the playoffs in 2015.

Regarding No. 3: Roman can't open holes for runners from his booth up at the top of the stadium.

We need 2 or 3 new O linemen if our running game is going to turn around.

We may well get them too.

1) on defense, no one is a better tactician than Rex. Our defense will be even better next year, less predictable, and more attacking.

2) on offense, go draft Spiller as your fantasy football RB. The run game is going to be awesome. And I think they make EJ into a play action-type QB, like Alex Smith.

Regarding No. 2: I'd be shocked if Rex took the job knowing QB Option NO. 1 for next season was going to be EJ.

I think they have another idea in the works, and I would love to know what the hell it is.

Regarding No. 3: Roman can't open holes for runners from his booth up at the top of the stadium.

We need 2 or 3 new O linemen if our running game is going to turn around.

We may well get them too.

Regarding No. 2: I'd be shocked if Rex took the job knowing QB Option NO. 1 for next season was going to be EJ.

I think they have another idea in the works, and I would love to know what the hell it is.

+1...to the whole post.

1) on defense, no one is a better tactician than Rex. Our defense will be even better next year, less predictable, and more attacking.

2) on offense, go draft Spiller as your fantasy football RB. The run game is going to be awesome. And I think they make EJ into a play action-type QB, like Alex Smith.

Fool me twice...

Your not taking a look at what they did in their last year.......

You are looking at what they have shown they are CAPABLE of doing.......because they have shown they can do it....and frankly they have shown they can do it RECENTLY

Keep in mind that if these guys are not even available if they are successful in their last year.......

Rex Ryan.....one of the big HC fishes on the market.......2 AFC Championship games

Roman......the OC of a team that has been favored to win it all nearly every recent year.......you dont do that if your offense is not good.

REX and ROMAN RULE!!!!!!!!!!

1) Nobody is going to look at the Bills on their schedule and pencil in a W

2) The media has nice story lines to play off, a visible person at HC, to go with a much better team so the Bills will be more of a national conversation.

3) Packed house at the Ralph

4) Conviction from the Bill sidelines

5) The "edge" that we have not had or seen in a long time

6) An NFL-style offense complete with some plays designed to get the ball to our weapons

7) The end of the Patriots era of dominance.

You can bank on an aggressive, physical and tough defense. An offense that will pound the ball and beat up the opponent. You can count on the Bills being aggressive in FA and signing a player or two that will make us salivate like Pavlov's dog!

The naysayer needs to add the truth that Whaley has been unable to land a QB and Ryan & Co. have been unable to turn out a capable QB.

If we learn to run the ball again and we learn to play some dink and dunk upgrading or maintaining skill at the slot or TE we will be more successful on offense. Reminder: Hogan is a FA.

Hogan is, I believe, a restricted free agent, so he is not going anywhere. That is of course unless the Bills want him to go, which seems unlikely.

I see:

1) Defense remaining among the best

2) More competent development of EJ

3) A much stronger running game to rely on to aid in EJ's development

4) A legitimate split with New England this time around

5) A playoff berth.

So many questions still unanswered.

Does the HC & GM still report to the finance / marketing guy, and is he still even in the football side loop. If so, then why?

Who is going to upgrade the offensive line and how? The current GM has tried and failed the last two years, and the offensive scouts stink. Bill Polian mentioned that after he was hired he would need to revamp the scouting dept.

Who is the starting RB, as Fred should just be limited to being the 3rd down back, and not be used as a up the gut every down back anymore. Spiller gone?

Who is the starting QB, and if its EJ will he be given an opportunity to continue to develop or be pulled every bad game?

Hiring a defensive minded head coach to an already good defensive team with a DC who did enough to deserve the head coaching job himself made no sense to me. I don't get hiring a defensive minded HC that just went 4-12, and his offense & QB's were the leagues joke.

All I can do is hope the new owners have a plan, and that it will take the team into the playoffs.