Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Hey Dork !

I started the Islamic Terror thread as a way to show the OVERWHELMING number of them and how it is a clear signal that something needs to be done.

You started the thread for political capital, to publicize as much as possible an issue that energizes the GOP base.

I gave up going to sporting events or concerts that I really didn't want to attend in the first place. Don't want to be there when this goes down if I was bored or annoyed sitting there in the first place.

Sure. When you feel mistreated, or intimidated by 'others', you are more likely to 'act out', for those at the extreme ends of life, acting out can be a mass shooting.

Note that a large number of the recent mass shootings in this country have been by white American males.

Now tell me what that says about either your theory, or Democratic policies.

Note that a large number of the recent mass shootings in this country have been by white American males.

Now tell me what that says about either your theory, or Democratic policies.

doped up to their eyeballs on their psychiatric meds...

I fully admit that the smaller stuff doesn't really register for me any more (regardless of personal, political or religious motivation), since it's *so* common in the US now. Which, I guess speaks to my frustration over the bigger issues, we just don't care to address anything at a base level, instead we try to blame a religion, or a gun, when instead it very much has to do with divisiveness, inequality, and lack of healthcare (at least imo).

You forgot to include global warming.

Edit: I forgot about not having gender neutral restrooms too.

Edited by grinreaper

You guys are all over these small 'terror' attacks, yet literally crickets when an old white dude murders 50+ and causes 400+ injured.

<_<

So you want to make this a race issue, eh? Well if you must, then you ought to at least recognize the likelihood that since this was a country music festival, chances are pretty good that the vast majority of the victims are white as well.

What a crappy point of view to take.

Edited by Azalin

It's really embarrassing and telling that you crackers have literally nothing to say about the worst mass killing of this kind in US history.

Again...............repetition doesn't make your mindless statement anymore true.

This kind of empty reasoning does not have any affect on the posters here, but by all means keep spewing it.

My favorite part is the "and telling" bit .........where you confirm your own bias..........hilarious........... :lol:

It's really embarrassing and telling that you crackers have literally nothing to say about the worst mass killing of this kind in US history.

Thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of the victims? Do they read these message boards? It's a fricken travesty that makes one feel scared to attend a public event and helpless as these mass shootings have become more frequent.

Edited by Doc Brown

Could it perhaps, maybe, possibly be that people are waiting for more details to come out before framing an opinion?

Other than praying for the survivors and mourning the departed, there's not much to say at this point.

Could it perhaps, maybe, possibly be that people are waiting for more details to come out before framing an opinion?

Other than praying for the survivors and mourning the departed, there's not much to say at this point.

No, Dorkington has all the answers. From his post:

Dorkington, on 02 Oct 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:snapback.png

I fully admit that the smaller stuff doesn't really register for me any more (regardless of personal, political or religious motivation), since it's *so* common in the US now. Which, I guess speaks to my frustration over the bigger issues, we just don't care to address anything at a base level, instead we try to blame a religion, or a gun, when instead it very much has to do with divisiveness, inequality, and lack of healthcare (at least imo).

A. I don't count you in my comment. But that fact doesn't stop anyone from mouthing off less than 12 hours after any kind of Islamic terrorism and you know that.

B. There is a lot to say about maybe it's time to look at domestic terrorism as as big a threat as foreign terrorism. And other social issues like that one.

C. We didn't even get that. Praying for survivors. We got radio silence. I was actually looking forward to coming on the board just to see what people were saying about this tragedy and there was nothing.

I didn't see this earlier as I was replying to Dork, but the same applies to you. Since we're apparently bent on making this a race issue, how about showing a little compassion for all those crackers who were murdered?

A. I don't count you in my comment. But that fact doesn't stop anyone from mouthing off less than 12 hours after any kind of Islamic terrorism and you know that.

B. There is a lot to say about maybe it's time to look at domestic terrorism as as big a threat as foreign terrorism. And other social issues like that one.

C. We didn't even get that. Praying for survivors. We got radio silence. I was actually looking forward to coming on the board just to see what people were saying about this tragedy and there was nothing.

I've seen no evidence presented that this was an act of terrorism. I've read ISIS' claiming of the incident, but I'm not interested in rushing out and blaming radical Islam unless some evidence surfaces.

It's just an absolutely tragic occurrence, but there doesn't seem to be anything political about it, so it doesn't surprise me that it wasn't mentioned in the politics forum of the board.

And you have a problem with that, why exactly?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I've seen no evidence presented that this was an act of terrorism.

It's just an absolutely tragic occurrence, but there doesn't seem to be anything political about it, so it doesn't surprise me that it wasn't mentioned in the politics forum of the board.

And you have a problem with that, why exactly?

Amen.

It is in the "Off the Wall" section...........but that apparently isn't good enough...........

If you really want to comment Dog and Dorkington.........start your own thread or go to the Gun one.

Edited by B-Man

Ummm...

No it isn't.

I was in the process of adding even if it doesn't automatically have an ideology or political purpose. And I take it back. I shouldn't have said definition because I know the definition. But it's the same thing. It creates terror. It serves the same purpose. It cries out for the same reaction.

It doesn't come out of nowhere.

And even if it's not domestic terrorism, which it is, ha, it calls out for the same questions about shouldn't we worry more about the people here doing this way more than people trying to get here doing this. It's the same discussion.