Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

lol :w00t:

Of course, linking to the Bloomberg article did get your point across that there are many Islamic voices speaking out condemning the attack

Funny how that method works....................

Also, Congrats to the Washington Post for publishing one of the 'controversial' cartoons, too bad so many other American media outlets have not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/01/08/washington-post-opinions-section-publishes-controversial-charlie-hebdo-cartoon/

Edited by B-Man

FTA: “We live in a society in which every person is entitled to his or her own opinions, and every person is entitled to express those opinions without fear of harm. And that isn’t changing, whether a small minority of psychotic, murderous degenerates like it or not.”

:thumbsup:

Edited by Azalin

Good for them. Now let's see them do something about it.

Do what about it, exactly?

JA's making my point..."Islam" is not some monolithic religion, any more than "Christianity" is. Decrying Sufis, liberal Persian Shi'ites, Israeli Bedouins, Amhadiyya Indians, Sunni Bosniaks, etc., for not rejecting extremists is a position completely ignorant of the fact that extremists are not part of those communities to begin with. Extremists specificall reject mainstream Islamic communities, and vice versa. Again, that's why they're called extremists.

JA's making my point..."Islam" is not some monolithic religion, any more than "Christianity" is. Decrying Sufis, liberal Persian Shi'ites, Israeli Bedouins, Amhadiyya Indians, Sunni Bosniaks, etc., for not rejecting extremists is a position completely ignorant of the fact that extremists are not part of those communities to begin with. Extremists specificall reject mainstream Islamic communities, and vice versa. Again, that's why they're called extremists.

It's a lot more monolithic than modern day Christianity because despite the various sects, it hasn't fully separated the theology from secular governance.

So while the political leaders pay lip service to the evils of terrorism, they do very little to dismantle the terrorist networks. They actually use the various terrorist factions to wage proxy battles against their enemies. It's much harder to call Al Qeda or ISIS extremists when there is implicit state support. Both are multinational networks that have strong logistics in place that rely on extensive global funding to support their operations, that by definition don't qualify them as fringe extremist groups.

Many in those communities are part of or sympathize with the extremists though. I remember well the dancing in the streets in the Middle East in the aftermath of 9/11. Look at JA's post below and notice how the victims are somehow partially responsible for the actions of the extremists. Many in the West bury their heads in the sand and refuse to call a spade a spade. The extremists are doing the actual killing, beheading and torture but couldn't get away with it for long without the support or indifference of the "moderates". It's time to quit kitty footing around and show them the only thing they respect----toughness.

* Al-Azhar, the thousand-year-old seat of religious learning in Cairo that’s respected by Muslims around the world, referred to the attack as a criminal act, saying that “Islam denounces any violence,” according to Egypt’s state news agency MENA.

* The Organization of the Islamic Conference strongly condemned the attack. A spokesperson for the OIC’s Islamophobia Observatory in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia said that violence and radicalism are “biggest enemies of Islam.”

* The French Council of the Muslim Religion condemned the “barbaric” attack and said that first thoughts are with the victims and their families. It also called on “all those committed to the values of the Republic and democracy to avoid provocations that only serve to throw oil on the fire,” and on French Muslims to “exercise the utmost vigilance against possible manipulations from extremist groups.”

* Indonesia, the world’s most-populous Muslim nation, “condemns the attack” and “sends condolences to the government and people of France,” the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

* “Egypt stands by France in confronting terrorism, an international phenomenon that targets the world’s security and stability and which requires coordinated international efforts to eradicate,” said Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry.

* “We, as Turkey, condemn with hatred any kind of terror,” Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said in Ankara. “We are against any form of terror regardless of where it comes from and what its motives are.”

Bill Maher: Hundreds of Millions of Muslims Support Attack on ‘Charlie Hebdo’

Bill Maher didn’t hold back Wednesday night, blasting “hundreds of millions” of the world’s Muslims for allegedly supporting the Islamic terrorist massacre of cartoonists, writers, and editors at a Parisian satirical magazine that has mocked the Prophet Muhammad.

“I know most Muslim people would not have carried out an attack like this,” the host of HBO’s Real Time With Bill Maher said on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live. “But here’s the important point: Hundreds of millions of them support an attack like this. They applaud an attack like this. What they say is, ‘We don’t approve of violence, but you know what? When you make fun of the Prophet, all bets are off.”

“Hundreds of millions of Muslims?” a clearly skeptical Kimmel asked his fellow comedian, an out and proud atheist who in recent years has targeted the adherents of Islam for harsh criticism.

“Absolutely,” Maher insisted. “That is mainstream in the Muslim world. When you make fun of the Prophet, all bets are off. You get what’s coming to you. It’s also mainstream that if you leave the religion, you get what’s coming to you—which is death. Not in every Muslim country… but this is the problem in the world that we have to stand up to.”

He continued, “I’m the liberal in this debate,” adding that he grew up in a family that supported John F. Kennedy over racist Southern governments in the fight for civil rights. “The reason we were liberals is we were against oppression.”

Needless to say, Maher’s vitriolic rant drew few laughs from the studio audience, which seemed stunned into silence by his uncompromising anger.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/08/bill-maher-hundreds-of-millions-of-muslims-support-attack-on-charlie-hebdo.html

Our Era of Blasphemy Vigilantism

Which of these represents incitement to violence?

A) Making a film depicting the violent death of the ruler of North Korea, Kim Jong Un.

B) Telling an angry crowd the night of the Ferguson grand jury decision, “burn this B word down!”

C) Chanting, “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!”

D) Making cartoons that offend Muslims.

As you no doubt have observed, some Americans on the Left would pick A and D, but not B and C. I can see the case for B and C, but I would be pretty wary about prosecuting individuals in either case. If our society is going to bring the force of the law against a person, and either fine them or put them in jail, there has to be a pretty direct connection between their words and the violence that ensued.

A certain segment of Muslims in France – and in just about every Western country – are attempting to implement blasphemy laws through vigilantism. Sure, there’s no law on the books saying you can’t do it, but if anybody catches you doing it, some young man – with seemingly nothing in this world he fears losing if he’s caught or killed attempting to commit murder – will come and find you and attack you. And possibly kill you.

Few American media companies are showing the cartoons of Charlie Hebdo that enraged the rage-addicted Islamists of France. Credit Slate, Huffington Post, Daily Beast and BuzzFeed for showing them. That’s not an easy decision; you never know when some Islamist out there might decide to show up at the front door of the offices with a knife, a gun, lighter fluid or a homemade bomb to register their objection to a publication’s decision.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/395940/our-era-blasphemy-vigilantism-jim-geraghty

Edited by B-Man

FTA: “We live in a society in which every person is entitled to his or her own opinions, and every person is entitled to express those opinions without fear of harm. And that isn’t changing, whether a small minority of psychotic, murderous degenerates like it or not.”

:thumbsup:

That's the most honest, sincere piece of publication the Onion has ever done. :lol:

06.02.09.MustSeeTV-X.gif

06.02.07.WestDhimmi-X.gif

06.01.31.ImageProblem-X.gif

From 2006, things have certainly not improved.

Your graphics are not showing... or are those depictions of Mohammed? :unsure:

Below are my depictions of the prophet.

I hope they don't get me in trouble with the knuckle-dragging scum that are frolicking about these days.

Probably not. Like the Emperor's new clothes, only the pure of heart can see them.

Edited by Nanker

Your graphics are not showing... or are those depictions of Mohammed? :unsure:

Below are my depictions of the prophet.

I hope they don't get me in trouble with the knuckle-dragging scum that are frolicking about these days.

Probably not. Like the Emperor's new clothes, only the pure of heart can see them.

He looks like a hippy.

Let's resume the debate about the peace part in the religion.

Contrary to popular misconception, Islam does not mean peace but rather means submission to the commands of Allah alone. Therefore, Muslims do not believe in the concept of freedom of expression, as their speech and actions are determined by divine revelation and not based on people's desires.

A radical Muslim describing a radical view of Islam that violates the Koran itself is hardly representative of Islam as a whole.

In fact, the guy should be considered apostate.

That's a mighty tough standard to think that anything represents an entire religion.

OTOH, it's not anywhere near fringe extremists akin to Branch Davidians or Westboro Baptist nuts. This Muslim radical has a far large following and affects much greater numbers of people, that it's silly to think he's somewhere on the fringe. Death for blasphemy is also law of the land in many Arab countries. Heads of state call for murdering the blasphemers outside their borders, and actions have been taken on that command. So tell me of the equivalent in the other global religions.

If they were truly on the fringe, they wouldn't control vast swaths of land, wouldn't be winning large numbers of votes in elections. If this was a fringe, an Egyptian president wouldn't stand at the podium in the center of Islam's learning and call for Reformation.

And all this gets back to the neocon fears in the '90s of where the Middle East societies were heading and the troubles that would besiege the West. If was also mentioned, in half jest, that while France & Germany were the biggest opponents to Bush's overtures, those countries would bear the greatest pain if the authoritarian Muslim fundamentalism wasn't stopped.

Here's a good piece from my point of view.