Pick a QB, any QB...who in 2015?

Gugny

Well that and the fact Houston traded him for peanuts. And that he sucked in Houston. But you're right. It wouldn't be the first time a bad QB decision was made.

Yeah, those guys that make the Pro Bowl twice usually do suck.

He haD a run of bad luck and then Houston got a new coach so they moved on. He can still play IMHO. I'd give him a shot.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, those guys that make the Pro Bowl twice usually do suck.

He haD a run of bad luck and then Houston got a new coach so they moved on. He can still play IMHO. I'd give him a shot.

Mike Vick? Vince Young? Cutty?

Edited by FireChan

John Schneider and Pete Carroll, together, are responsible for the Seahawks roster. They started the same week in 2010. Schneider basically makes a list of players but Carroll has full control and final say over the roster. Carroll actually hired his GM.

Here are their QB transactions since they started together.

Traded for Charlie Whitehurst... then

1. Signed Mike Reilly

2. Signed JP Losman

3. Signed Zac Robinson

4. Signed Nate Davis

5. Signed Zac Lee

6. Signed Tarvaris Jackson

7. Signed Matt Flynn to 25m deal

8. Drafted signed Russell Wilson

9. Traded Tarvaris Jackson

10. Signed Josh Portis

11. Signed Brady Quinn

12. Signed Tarvaris Jackson

13. Signed BJ Daniels

Edited by Kelly the Dog

John Schneider and Pete Carroll, together, are responsible for the Seahawks roster. They started the same week in 2010. Schneider basically makes a list of players but Carroll has full control and final say over the roster. Carroll actually hired his GM.

Here are their QB transactions since they started together.

Traded for Charlie Whitehurst... then

1. Signed Mike Reilly

2. Signed JP Losman

3. Signed Zac Robinson

4. Signed Nate Davis

5. Signed Zac Lee

6. Signed Tarvaris Jackson

7. Signed Matt Flynn to 25m deal

8. Drafted signed Russell Wilson

9. Traded Tarvaris Jackson

10. Signed Josh Portis

11. Signed Brady Quinn

12. Signed Tarvaris Jackson

13. Signed BJ Daniels

Yes. This is the model I want to see. We have UDFA WR's and DB's coming through OBD every week, why can't we grab some more QB's for work outs?

Yes. This is the model I want to see. We have UDFA WR's and DB's coming through OBD every week, why can't we grab some more QB's for work outs?

Since Doug Marrone arrived we have brought in the following QBs:

1. EJ Manuel

2. Kevin Kolb

3. Tarvaris Jackson (re signed)

4. Thaddeus Lewis

5. Matt Lienert

6. Dennis Dixon

7. Jeff Tuel

8. Jordon Palmer

9. Matt Flynn

10. Kyle Orton

8 FAs, 1draft pick, and 1trade in 2 years is not exactly sitting on their hands.

I saw BJ Daniels in PS with the Hawks. He looked really good.

Well goodness, it's a good thing we'll never ask EJ to throw a lot.

And yes. Completion percentage to WR's is a very fundamental stat that can dictate which QB inflates his numbers more with check-downs. It's also a prime example of EJ's ineptitude. I believe EJ's was 37%. Or how about passes completed +20 yards down the field.

Your "real stats" will fool anyone without a basic understanding of how the QB position is played. Other than that, they are next to useless.

Check-downs are on Hackett, not on Manuel. The Bills' OC drilled into the QBs heads that if the check down is there, take it because they never want to risk interceptions. It's on video dude. He was very adamant about that specific point.

Sorry, but you can't pin that stat on Manuel no matter how hard you may try.

I have no idea who will be the better QB down the road, however I do suspect that Manuel would beat out the lead foot Foles in Philly because Chip Kelly would know what to do with his athleticism.

Check-downs are on Hackett, not on Manuel. The Bills' OC drilled into the QBs heads that if the check down is there, take it because they never want to risk interceptions. It's on video dude. He was very adamant about that specific point.

Sorry, but you can't pin that stat on Manuel no matter how hard you may try.

I have no idea who will be the better QB down the road, however I do suspect that Manuel would beat out the lead foot Foles in Philly because Chip Kelly would know what to do with his athleticism.

While I completely disagree with that, it doesn't matter. Whether he throws 50 checkdowns and 50 passes to WR's or 80 checkdowns and 20 passes to WR's, his completion percentage to WR's will remain the same.

Here's a few opinions on the subject:
Definitely Available Options
Glennon – Young with potential, new regime made him obsolete, would like as a #2 option
Hoyer – Don’t think he has the skills to move this team forward, too much $$?
Locker – Injury, not very good, probably just stick with EJ
Butt Fumble – I could see this happening, but I cringe at it coming together
Schaub – Fitzpatrick/Trent 2.0
Matt Moore – Journeyman, did not do well with Carolina
Bo Levi Mitchell – An option, would be quite risky but I like the gumption of the move

Likely Available Options
Bradford – Injury Prone, they may stick with him next year, $$ issues
Cutler – Has just been a downward spiral as of late. Could benefit with a change of scenery
Manziel - Headache, Lack of Talent
RGIII or Cousins – I don’t think Cousins is talented enough, and RGIII is a bit of a headache

Unlikely Options
Kaepernick - $$ issues, finished worse than Bills this year
Eli Manning – No regime change so likely not moving, INT machine

Pipe-Dreams
Drew Brees – Old, team with terrible cap problems, still likely not going to move from Sean
Phillip Rivers – Old, cannot win in big games, unlikely to want to leave
Matt Ryan – New regime could want to start fresh,

Player I want:
Solomon Elimimian
Peter Man

I would take any serviceable veteran QB to compete with EJ at this point. There really aren't many options. Foles would be awesome. But if we trade for Foles, EJ is essentially done I'd imagine. Would Kelly want EJ? EJ for Foles?

We have to wait until we get a HC/OC (i assume NH is gone) before we can begin to talk about QB.

My dream list:

Foles. With Chip Kelly getting more power with the team, and owner Jeffrey Lurie's recent comments about the QB situation, it would not surprise me if the Eagles decided to trade away Foles. If that's the case, the Bills should seriously try and get him. He's a true pocket passer and has good command of the Eagles offense. He would be the best option for us.

Cutler. His productivity has gone down, but he is still a good QB. Better than what we've had in recent years. A change of scenery could be what he needs, and it sounds like the Bears are willing to let him and his contract go.

Bradford. I'm still suspicious of him being a major talent in this league, and injuries are a concern. However, he's still a young QB, and if the Rams do not see him as the man, he would be an upgrade in talent for us.

Reality list.

Matt Moore. Looked good with the Dolphins, but struggled with the Panthers. A serviceable if unspectacular QB. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot.

Ryan Mallett. Biggest "?" out there. He's not an aging veteran, and he's got a great arm and is a definite pocket passer. Is he worth the risk?

Austin Davis. Another young guy available. Got thrown to the wolves with the Rams, but did his best and had some good moments. Is he a legitimate starter or just another experiment?

Jake Locker. Not overly impressed with him, but he started many games and a new team could do him some good. Worth a look.

That's about it. If the Bills are going to be successful, they will have to make some kind of trade to get a good QB. Otherwise they will have to take their chances with the unspectacular free agent class.

Unless of course, they think that Manuel is the man.

Like the idea of a trade but only for Eli or Foles (and yeah then EJ is likely toast). I don't see either happening, so from the FAs either M. Moore and McCoy draft one in the 3rd or 4th all compete w/ EJ. Who is this years R. Wilson anyway?

At this point, draft a QB, bring in Bo Levi Mitchell, do whatever it takes. This past offseason was a complete waste as Marrone and Co. rested on their laurels with the great QB trio of Manuel, Lewis and Tuel, drafting and picking up no one else, until they saw how bad they were. We're not going to be sniffing the likes of Winston, Mariota and Hundley this year. Definitely do not overspend another draft pick in a trade, unless there's a sure thing available, which there is likely not.