Black Monday--who will be fired and who will move up?

mannc

Looks to me like it will be one of the quietest Black Mondays in years, with perhaps only four openings.

Harbaugh is out. Sparano and Ryan almost certainly gone, along with Mike Smith. Anyone else? Gruden? Bradley? Trestman?

Edited by mannc

Looks to me like it will be one of the quietest Black Mondays in years, with perhaps only four openings.

Harbaugh is out. Sparano and Ryan almost certainly gone, along with Mike Smith. Anyone else? Gruden? Bradley? Trestman?

I say Trestman I think it would be interesting if Ryan went to Oakland. He's finally have a QB, could build a nasty black hole defense, and then build in the draft skill offensive players.

I don't see Schwartz back as a HC. He has a 5 year body of work at Detroit where he couldn't run a team. Look what Caldwell has done with a similar team.

Hopefully, Marrone will get the boot; he's in way over his head. Ultimately, the HC is responsible for offensive production, and we all know how that went this year. Yes, I know they won 9 games, but any halfway decent HC would have had this team in the playoffs. Time to find A REAL HC & A REAL OC, STAT.

Hopefully, Marrone will get the boot; he's in way over his head. Ultimately, the HC is responsible for offensive production, and we all know how that went this year. Yes, I know they won 9 games, but any halfway decent HC would have had this team in the playoffs. Time to find A REAL HC & A REAL OC, STAT.

Agree with this point, but he's also responsible for the entire team's performance. Overall, they did ok. I think it all depends on what the Pegulas want to do...it'll either be Whaley or Marrone that gets the boot.

Edited by BuffaloWings

How does Philbin keep his job?

It's a good question. I was listening to the Patriots radio feed yesterday (for reasons that require a long story) but they were pretty united on one thing. The challenge to the Patriots going forward in the AFC East is coming from Buffalo - at one point they said "if this Bills team could find a top 15 Quarterback it would be really scary."

They also said - and I agree - that the Jets decision to fire Rex and the Dolphins decision to keep Philbin were both good news for New England and Buffalo.

It's a good question. I was listening to the Patriots radio feed yesterday (for reasons that require a long story) but they were pretty united on one thing. The challenge to the Patriots going forward in the AFC East is coming from Buffalo - at one point they said "if this Bills team could find a top 15 Quarterback it would be really scary."

Reasonable Pats fans I know (yes, they do exist) say the exact same thing. The Bills are the future of the conference right now. Hard as it may be for some of us here to believe.

I'm very interested to see where Rex lands.

Already 4-5 firings. Not that quiet