Meanwhile, in Cleveland . . .

mannc

Wow, what a mess. The Manziel party, Gordon suspended and apparently done, Gilbert suspended and trending toward bust status, huge question mark at QB, Haslem apparently going at it with Farmer at the Ravens game, another losing record . . . I'm no fan of the Watkins trade for the Bills, but can you imagine if we had traded away the chance to draft Watkins, Mack, etc, then traded up to draft a crappy, undersized cornerback with the pick we acquired? Not to mention that Manziel (the other first round pick) looks like he is on the fast track to nowhere, while Bridgewater and Carr look like potential franchise guys. The Factory of Sadness seems to be working double shifts.

Edited by mannc

Annual dumpster fire

For some reason, I am surprised. If they had just drafted intelligently this year, they could have really set themselves up for the future. As we know, there still were some great players on the board when their picks came up in the first round.

For some reason, I am surprised. If they had just drafted intelligently this year, they could have really set themselves up for the future. As we know, there still were some great players on the board when their picks came up in the first round.

the talent they passed up on is staggering. And not just in the 1st. Zero WRs drafted in arguably the best WR draft of all time despite a huge need at the position.

@ProFootballTalk: After game, Haslam says team won't tolerate "irresponsible players"; during game, @JManziel2 favorited a tweet http://t.co/w0ZzGprtLA

Gordon should have been cut ages ago. And I'm not really sure you can pin these shenanigans on Pettine either. One thing's for sure, these players certainly have no respect for Pettine because if they did they wouldn't be acting that way.

There's a reason they had to reach all the way down to their 5th choice for HC. Everyone else was smarter than Pettine, it turns out.

He might never have gotten his chance. He probably would have, but if the Bills didn't do better this season under him, he wouldn't have been a viable HC candidate this coming year. It was a good bet they would have, but I don't fault Pettine for being stupid for taking that job, even if he was entering a cluster!@#$. He probably still looks decent for getting that train wreck to 8-8 or whatever they are.

He might never have gotten his chance. He probably would have, but if the Bills didn't do better this season under him, he wouldn't have been a viable HC candidate this coming year. It was a good bet they would have, but I don't fault Pettine for being stupid for taking that job, even if he was entering a cluster!@#$. He probably still looks decent for getting that train wreck to 8-8 or whatever they are.

they are 7-9 and I think he has done a good job. He is holding these schmucks accountable. He didn't want Johnny (IMO)

Despite the poor finish, it seems to me they have hope. They have two mid-first round picks and they played pretty well this year until the last six games. They have a lot of good players, big question of course is QB but with 2 number ones, they could trade up to take MM or JW. But that would mean giving up on JFF after 2 games. Oh well . . .