Brian Ayrault denies rumor he will join Bills’ front office

The Dean

@ProFootballTalk: I just talked to agent Brian Ayrault, who said he's not taking a job with the Bills.

Ayrault has denied this according to pro football talk

Post title edited to reflect the new info.

Starting to think Florio is throwing anything he can to the wall to see if anything sticks

It's a rumor site, not just fact. As long as he puts the disclaimer that it's a rumor, that it's real chatter qualifies it as a discussion point.

Wow

@BrianAyrault: The rumor on @ProFootballTalk about me joining the Bills is false. This agent rumor is designed to hinder our efforts to sign new clients.

As guys finish bowl games they can talk to agents as they don't have eligibility to preserve, right? The timing makes sense as something other agents would be doing to undercut him.

Edited by NoSaint

I remember when people would ridicule pft as garbage (myself included). I think we all changed our tune when it got picked up by NBC.

But these latest stories remind me of the old days when they just seemed to make stuff up.

funny how he never seems to make stuff up about the Steelers since he is a fan of that team.

I remember when people would ridicule pft as garbage (myself included). I think we all changed our tune when it got picked up by NBC.

But these latest stories remind me of the old days when they just seemed to make stuff up.

Indeed. Most of the stuff on the Rumor Mill is good for conversation, but that's about it. And he (and his staff) don't do a very good job distinguishing a good source from a poor one. Basically, if somebody said it somewhere, it is fodder for a post. They also engage in the worst kind of tortured interpretations of comments made by players and coaches. I mean you can make anything sound like a complaint, or an insult, if you speculate enough.

With that said, he has gotten a bit better at distinguishing fact from rumor (perhaps when NBC took over). And I have to admit, I find the site entertaining. A truly guilty pleasure.

Edited by The Dean