I'll say one thing about Orton

eSJayDee

I too would take Arians and Ej but that is because I have the utmost repsect for Arians as a coach and think he is one of the best in the game right now. Marrone isn't on his level but taking Arians over him is like saying I would take Belichick over him. I like Marrone and I like the job he has done here. I am completely over Orton though and that is why I agree with your statement. I never want to have to watch him play qb again unless it is against the Buffalo Bills. He isn't the worst qb in the league but he is a qb that you can't win with. The next time he straps this team on his back and carries them to victory will be his first.

As for the stats I laid out, I just wanted to point out that this is a very qb driven league. When the Cardinals had one they won and scored points. Now that they don't have one they aren't and can't. I always root for the Bills almost to a fault and my post was actually defending them so I'm not so sure what the rest of your post meant lol.

I dont know what it meant either im just aggrevated. I was ok with Marrone til we lost to an inferior opponent, so now what? How can we keep this staff? The whole giving up on EJ thing pisses me off, it did then and even more so now. And after seemingly giving up on other players as well, right now i blame the coaching staff for not getting the most out of guys that i view as having talent.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Offensive line is way worse. Kyle at least only ruins the pass offense. The offensive line ruins our pass offense AND run offense. While up until this week our D has looked better week to week. The offensive line is meanwhile getting worse.

Either someone found us a bad mess of offensive linemen, or someone is doing a bad job of coaching them up.

Simple and pedictable offense isn't helping either.

How did Orton ruin a passing offense that came into this season ranked 28th ?

I dont know what it meant either im just aggrevated. I was ok with Marrone til we lost to an inferior opponent, so now what? How can we keep this staff? The whole giving up on EJ thing pisses me off, it did then and even more so now. And after seemingly giving up on other players as well, right now i blame the coaching staff for not getting the most out of guys that i view as having talent.

Yeah this loss stings as up to this point the Bills didn't have a wtf loss yet this year and that was my biggest defense of Marrone. The Raiders have been playing well lately and are 3-0 in their last 3 home games. That said the Bills needed that win especially with things breaking right in the early games.

I unnaturally despise Orton. I'm not sure if it because I wanted to see what EJ could do, or if it is because I think he sucks, or if it is because he looks like he couldn't care less, or if it is because I care waaaayyyy too much lol. Either way I hope he gets greedy this offseason and tries to sucker another team into bringing him in. However good anyone thinks he is I don't see a way that anyone could justify him as the starting qb next year. I don't see how anyone could watch him the last few weeks and think this guy can get us to the promised land.

My hindsight sense want to ask you if enjoyed watching that coaching staff get 6 points yesterday?

Arizona is 8-1 this year with Carson Palmer and 3-3 without. They are averaging a robust 11.66 points without Carson Palmer and were averaging 24.77 with him. They have yet to break 20 points in any of the 6 games without him and didn't break 20 points in 1 of 9 games with him. Can we now put to rest the "look what Arians is doing with scrubs at qb argument?"

What you're neglecting to realise is that Palmer is a scrub. The raiders traded for him when nobody else would have and he quickly shat the bed. Then every team had another shot at him when the Raiders cut bait and there wasn't a bidding war for his services.

The Bills could have had him. Do you think he'd have the same success in Buffalo as he's had in Arizona? I sure as hell don't.

What you're neglecting to realise is that Palmer is a scrub. The raiders traded for him when nobody else would have and he quickly shat the bed. Then every team had another shot at him when the Raiders cut bait and there wasn't a bidding war for his services.

The Bills could have had him. Do you think he'd have the same success in Buffalo as he's had in Arizona? I sure as hell don't.

The Raiders got him because they traded way more than anyone else would have been willing to give up.

Who is better? Carson Palmer (64.8 qbr) or Kyle Orton (40.3 qbr)?

He was far from terrible in Oakland passing for over 4000 yards in the season he played all of the games. In 25 games he threw 45 tds to 30 ints. I'm not arguing that he is a top 10 qb I am arguing that Arians did much better when he had a much better qb starting. Now that he has garbage the offense has turned to garbage. Much like the situation in Buffalo. When you don't have a qb you don't have an offense.

Edited by section122

Did you miss the Minnesota and Detroit games?

The ones where he led to the team to 17 points all day? The one where he threw a pick 6 and Sammy made an amazing catch on a ball behind him at midfield and Carpenter kicked a 58(!) yarder to win? Yeah I saw those and will say that the Defense won those games allowing 16 and 14 points. He played well against Minnesota but anytime a team wins scoring less that 21 points it is because of the defense imo.

The ones where he led to the team to 17 points all day? The one where he threw a pick 6 and Sammy made an amazing catch on a ball behind him at midfield and Carpenter kicked a 58(!) yarder to win? Yeah I saw those and will say that the Defense won those games allowing 16 and 14 points. He played well against Minnesota but anytime a team wins scoring less that 21 points it is because of the defense imo.

I had a hunch this is what you would say.

That final drive vs Minnesota was a text book case in everything that can possibly go wrong ( intersection grounding, 4th and 18, 10 second run off, holding penalties) does, yet the QB and entire offense came together and made it happen. No QB does anything on his own. Not even Tommy or Peyton.

I know it doesn't fit your narrative that Orton sucks, but whatever.

Kyle has not done well for the most part this year, but you have to give credit where credit is due IMHO.