I'll say one thing about Orton

eSJayDee

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people will blame the QB. However, could anybody really excel playing in that offense today. The line,OC and OL coach (who always seems to go unmentioned), were the main culprits today.

Wrong! Wrong! I have seen Big Ben shred defenses while playing behind offensive lines worse than this one. Same with Rivers. Yes, the line is putrid, but the main problem is the guy under center.

Wrong! Wrong! I have seen Big Ben shred defenses while playing behind offensive lines worse than this one. Same with Rivers. Yes, the line is putrid, but the main problem is the guy under center.

Rivers in the game last night just seemed to will the Chargers to a win, like no way he was going to stand for a loss. And that was after getting down by 21. He delivered with gutsy play (bulging disk to boot). I get the feeling with Orton it's just "oh well, we tried, and a few things didn't go our way".

Most definitely regarding Big Ben. His O-Lines the past few years have been pretty horrific yet he still makes great throws, great judgement and amazing extending of a broken play.

A better line would make Kyle look better but he just won't cut the mustard. There's a reason he's bounced around the league for his career. He's a backup at best.

Orton suffered with Hacketts offensive calls. Hackett calls a play action pass for the start of the last drive today. Now, Hackett must be the only person in the stadium who thinks the Bills might run down by 9....yet, he doens't give Orton the ease of working out of the shotgun. Hackett is over his head bigtime...and Marrone also if he is partial architect of the offensive game. Marrone backed Hackett this week, I will say this....if Marrone can't kick himself upstairs, and hire a real OC with full control, Marrone needs to go also.

Edited by bigK14094

Huh? I have doubts about anyone that can defend Orton at this point.

yeah. That's what I was thinking.

You guys ever play QB with no blocking? I doubt it!

i have serious doubts you have too. But that's besides the point. Other QBs in this league have played better with worse lines. Orton has no excuse. He's just terrible.

Orton suffered with Hacketts offensive calls. Hackett calls a play action pass for the start of the last drive today. Now, Hackett must be the only person in the stadium who thinks the Bills might run down by 9....yet, he doens't give Orton the ease of working out of the shotgun. Hackett is over his head bigtime...and Marrone also if he is partial architect of the offensive game. Marrone backed Hackett this week, I will say this....if Marrone can't kick himself upstairs, and hire a real OC with full control, Marrone needs to go also.

I called that one in the chat room, really didn't make sense to PA in that situation, worse of all the 9 year vet agreed with it and ran it.

You guys ever play QB with no blocking? I doubt it!

A-ha! The classic straw man argument.

Altering the terms of the argument to make it easier to attack.

No one suggested a good QB can overcome "NO BLOCKING"...rather, a good QB can overcome mediocre or poor O-line play.

Those are two entirely different propositions.

Our QB play, all season, has been well below average and neither starting QB this season is good enough to be considered a viable starter for this team next season.

We need to stop focusing on these guys (the problem) and start focusing on the solution.

Who the hell are we going to get THIS OFFSEASON to improve this dumpster fire at QB?

That is the question my friends!

Edited by Stopthepain

Yeah it would be nice to have one of the top 6-7 guys in the league wouldn't it?

See above !@#$

Who do you want to see us get for next season at QB? Being realistic, and not saying "we trade our 6th round pick for Aaron Rodgers" or that type of thing.

Most people will blame the QB. However, could anybody really excel playing in that offense today. The line,OC and OL coach (who always seems to go unmentioned), were the main culprits today.

Good point. We often blame Hackett and the offensive line - and rightly so IMHO - for our offensive woes. But when you watch our offensive linemen miss assignments, I'm not sure how Pat Morris escapes criticism. Our OL was horrific today and he's the guy paid to make sure they are not horrific.

Morris has been an NFL OL coach since the 90s so he must know something. But it's not translating to the field very well this year.

Whose the schmuck throwing 2 yard passes on 3rd and 10. Get this loser off the field.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

My hindsight senses are tingeling

I still dont fully accept the reasoning behind the QB switch.

EJ would have probably netted us 7-8 wins this season.

Its baffeling to me.

Like the Mike Williams thing

Like the Urbik thing

What the hell is this staff thinking

Now im gonna go watch what a real coaching staff can do with a 3rd string QB.

Edited by mastershake