$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

MacDonald's franchisee to his employees: "Great going, you dumb ***** and your new minimum wage have now made it cost effective to replace you with a robot. I can now purchase a fully trained order taker for less than it costs to pay you wages. In addition I don't have to put up with your call offs and stupid mistakes. Thank you."

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

MacDonald's franchisee to his employees: "Great going, you dumb ***** and your new minimum wage have now made it cost effective to replace you with a robot. I can now purchase a fully trained order taker for less than it costs to pay you wages. In addition I don't have to put up with your call offs and stupid mistakes. Thank you."

...but the GOOD NEWS is Tibs and Busey got raises........

26 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I don't see how anyone gains by going after the independent contractors like they are. Especially with freelance writers, who are often the most vocal opponents to the status quo, and one group I would have assumed the be near & dear to the hearts of progressive Californians.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Or....we could just tie minimum wage to inflation so it would go up very gradually over time. Nobody would notice the increase.  Of course  our elected officials would hate this because it would be one less thing for Americans to be at each other’s throats about.

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I wonder how it would be if we just all worked for a robust economy and let the market determine the minimum wage? Might we get less push for AI than if we try to force what some people feel?

what about the people who do nothing but whine about how hard it is for other people?