$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

My mind didn’t go there at all.  I went immediately to blue hairs.

:)  A friend just told me he's off on a 6 month tour as a performer

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Gotcha.  Makes more sense from an employment perspective.

Yup that, but also the obligatory semi-annual cruises with they boys crowd

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Paulus said:

Totally down to waste parasitical scum so selfish for themselves that they burn their own children. I dont think there ever has been a more cowardly and selfish generation. The line of your people will forever be ashamed of what they created, perhaps that is why you hate future generations so much. 

giphy.gif

Why are you raging at chefs? They deliver delectable culinary delights to people of all ages.  Sure, you get a hair in the potato soup every now and again but it averages out. 

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Bill Burr suggested to start sinking cruise ships.

Poisoning the free samples at Costco would probably be more effective. A little collateral damage would help balance the equation...

1563515979947.jpg

^^Still complaining about raising minimum wage because it'd reduce the value of his free gubment checks...

Seriously, the willful ignorance of the boomers is horrifying. Entitled, spoiled, lazy and selling our country away for the easy ride into their golden years. They are like some sort of monster from folklore that destroys a civilization. A plague of entitled, worthless, brats. 

Edited by Paulus

5 hours ago, /dev/null said:

it's mcdonalds, they're all sh*tburgers

IMO after they shifted to using fresh meat for the 1/4 patties (not sure if this is being done in all markets), the burgers got remarkably better.  :beer:

On 7/19/2019 at 10:40 AM, Paulus said:

Poisoning the free samples at Costco would probably be more effective. A little collateral damage would help balance the equation...

1563515979947.jpg

^^Still complaining about raising minimum wage because it'd reduce the value of his free gubment checks...

Seriously, the willful ignorance of the boomers is horrifying. Entitled, spoiled, lazy and selling our country away for the easy ride into their golden years. They are like some sort of monster from folklore that destroys a civilization. A plague of entitled, worthless, brats. 

Your perspective is demented.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:54 AM, Azalin said:

My thought exactly. The day that customer-facing bartenders are replaced will be the day everyone just drinks at home.

If I owned a restaurant that's exactly what I'd get for the servers to operate. No over-pours, no theft, no inconsistency, and no waiting for the bartender to finish with their customers before making your drinks. The only way that machine is a negative is if it breaks down easily. 

I'm there.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/18/2019 at 10:28 PM, Paulus said:

My problem is that the cost of everything has gone up, and wages have not. The average quality of life in America has gone to sit for anyone who isn't a boomer. We need to start killing off the old people and take their lands. Only solution.

if your lucky, you'll grow to be old one day.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:40 AM, Paulus said:

1563515979947.jpg

I'm glad you're careful not to generalize.

39 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Why stop at $15?

Please, keep talking!

Also gives raises to 27 million people and lifts 1.3 million people above the poverty level.  The 1.3 million job loss is the most difficult to calculate by the CBO (could be way more or way less).  Since they haven't raised the federal minimum wage in 10 years (the longest period in history since its inception), I'm sure Dems and Republicans in Congress will come to a compromise and raise it to $10 an hour :) 

On 7/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, Paulus said:

My problem is that the cost of everything has gone up, and wages have not. The average quality of life in America has gone to sit for anyone who isn't a boomer. We need to start killing off the old people and take their lands. Only solution.

This is big pile of horseschitt. The reason you feel like this is because you're a devout leftist, and as a devout leftist, you're asssssshole deep in entitlement.

The "average quality of life" in America is a hundred times better than the "best quality of life" pretty much, y'know, anywhere in the world. Opportunities are everywhere IF you are willing to do what is required to take advantage of them.

The problem is that in the media-saturated world of risk/reward, kids are taught that they're special just the way they are, and that everyone is equal in intelligence and effort, so it's simply not fair that some people work to earn more than others. Is it any wonder we read about millennials calling their mommy from work because the boss hurt their feelings.

Anyone can become anything in this country. Anyone.

And you know how we know this? Because anyone HAS become anything in this country.

If you're too lazy or stupid to figure this out, fine, but do the rest of the world a favor and STFU with this whole quality of life thing because you literally have no clue what you're whining about. It's just more whining.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

Not for anything, but a high school kid or a college student working summers making $15.00 an hour is a lot of money. They won’t pay Fed or State taxes on that - or, if they do have anything other than SSI, FMLA, Unemployment insurance, etc. taken out - they’ll get a refund the following spring - just in time for spring break. 

I started working when I was 15, and it was great. Always had some coin and bought my own clothes. Never thought I was getting screwed. 

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

For example: a woman can get her balls waxed.  :rolleyes:

Exactly. I'd like to see a woman get her balls waxed in Iran.

I'd like to see a gay couple shut down a bakery in Kabul.

Show me a homeless person in Uzbekistan with a cell phone.

But no. It's Americans with a low quality of life.

Y'know, I'm getting pretty effin' tired of people telling me all the reasons this country sucks.

• Like (+1) 2