$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

6 hours ago, Azalin said:

My thought exactly. The day that customer-facing bartenders are replaced will be the day everyone just drinks at home.

If I owned a restaurant that's exactly what I'd get for the servers to operate. No over-pours, no theft, no inconsistency, and no waiting for the bartender to finish with their customers before making your drinks. The only way that machine is a negative is if it breaks down easily. 

Humans are there to encourage repeat customers, people still like to talk to an actual person.

Amazing, eh?

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, B-Man said:

#FIGHTFOR15: After Winning a $15 Minimum Wage, Fast Food Workers Now Battle Unfair Firings.

The real buried lede: Fox Butterfield apparently still writing headlines at the New York Times...........:lol:

She said she thought her boss understood. But when she showed up to work the next day, she was sent home and then fired, she said. She argued that she had been diligent and reliable, but he cited some tardiness that she said resulted from conflicts with her classes at Mercy College.

Ok so she said she has been diligent and reliable. He said she had been tardy which she didn’t argue. She actually gave a reason. Her tardiness was due to her classes. Sorry dear. Bosses don’t care why you’re tardy.  I am so glad I’m out of that business. 

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Humans are there to encourage repeat customers, people still like to talk to an actual person.

Amazing, eh?

Absolutely. However I suspect that many people will automatically assume that the machine's purpose is to replace "traditional" bartenders.

26 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Absolutely. However I suspect that many people will automatically assume that the machine's purpose is to replace "traditional" bartenders.

You say that as though it's a good thing.  If we had machines replace bartenders five years ago, AOC isn't in Congress.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 3/15/2015 at 2:39 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:
On 3/15/2015 at 9:57 AM, gatorman said:

They took one part of a balanced article, highlighted the part that they could twist into making their point the sky was falling, ignored the part that showed restaurants were still opening there and blasted headlines saying Seattle was a dead zone. All bull sh. It but you guys ate up.

I think that all might be too hard for you to understand. Obviously, it was way too complicated for B-Man to figure out

Prior to this increase, 9 of every 10 restaurants opened fail within their first year of operation.

It is a dire business to enter....

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Except that people spend their time at restaurants with their faces buried in their phones.

Upside, install a cell jammer so people can not use their phones

Downside, people will stop coming to your restaurant since their phones don't work there 

Edited by Just Jack

19 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Upside, install a cell jammer so people can not use their phones

Downside, people will stop coming to your restaurant since their phones don't work there 

Illegal, because it blocks calls to emergency services.

It's why they don't do it in movie theaters, in case someone decides to go on a shooting spree.

• 2 months later...

Progressive wage policies helped force upscale eatery operator Restaurants Unlimited Inc. into bankruptcy, according to court documents filed Sunday.

The company, which operates 35 restaurants ranging from fine dining to “polished casual” eateries, including Henry’s Tavern, Stanford’s and Kincaid’s, filed for Chapter 11 protection in Delaware on Sunday. Minimum wage hikes, two disappointing restaurant openings and consumers shunning casual dining are to blame for the bankruptcy filing, Chief Restructuring Officer David Bagley said in court papers.

“Over the past three years, the company’s profitability has been significantly impacted by progressive wage laws along the Pacific coast that have increased the minimum wage,” Bagley said. “As a large employer in the Seattle metro market, for instance, the company was one of the first in the market to be forced to institute wage hikes.”

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lawmaker-corporations-will-do-well-with-15-anhour-minimum-wage-160712348.html

“Good intentions are no excuse for imposing bad policy,” said Rachel Greszler with the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. “The Raise the Wage Act is a misguided attempt to increase incomes. In reality, it will eliminate jobs and decrease incomes for workers with the fewest skills and least experience.”

Here's your good intentions:

2173760-630x409.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

My problem is that the cost of everything has gone up, and wages have not. The average quality of life in America has gone to sit for anyone who isn't a boomer. We need to start killing off the old people and take their lands. Only solution.

Edited by Paulus

14 minutes ago, Paulus said:

My problem is that the cost of everything has gone up, and wages have not. The average quality of life in America has gone to sit for anyone who isn't a boomer. We need to start killing off the old people and take their lands. Only solution.

Bring it punk. 

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Bring it punk. 

Totally down to waste parasitical scum so selfish for themselves that they burn their own children. I dont think there ever has been a more cowardly and selfish generation. The line of your people will forever be ashamed of what they created, perhaps that is why you hate future generations so much. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

Totally down to waste parasitical scum so selfish for themselves that they burn their own children. I dont think there ever has been a more cowardly and selfish generation. The line of your people will forever be ashamed of what they created, perhaps that is why you hate future generations so much. 

giphy.gif

When you talk about the cowardly, selfish complainers you’re thinking of the baby boomers who were hippies in the 60’s and 70’s. You know....today’s liberals. ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

When you talk about the cowardly, selfish complainers you’re thinking of the baby boomers who were hippies in the 60’s and 70’s. You know....today’s liberals. ?

Just the sins of the liberal fathers, right? We do the best with what we have, or what is left behind. Ultimately, it comes down to a failure to control the future, less a failure of the future to adapt. 

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

Bill Burr suggested to start sinking cruise ships.