A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

I just have to say Pears Sucks with a capital S. They can't get one yard with Pears flopping around on the ground. Cujowhateverhisname must be really bad if he can't take this guys job. I beginning to really question Woods too. They can't run with these guys.

I love this D but the lack of a running game is going to do them in. I can't believe they won and only converted one third down. Is that right?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say Pears Sucks with a capital S. They can't get one yard with Pears flopping around on the ground. Cujowhateverhisname must be really bad if he can't take this guys job. I beginning to really question Woods too. They can't run with these guys.

I love this D but the lack of a running game is going to do them in. I can't believe they won and only converted one third down. Is that right?

Pears has yet to properly block 1 defender on a screen play.

Just cuz you are being a better person doesnt mean you have to wear rose coloured glasses. Gilmore was awful today!

I like the rest of your post!

don't tell wgr that Gilmore was bad. They'll yell at you and call you dumb and say you don't know football.

Gilmore was bad. Idk if it was scheme or what but on the off chance they did play press coverage they didn't jam the receiver at the line and watched them blow by him. Also on a 3rd down he was covering Gordon and literally stood in one spot and didn't move just watched Gordon run by luckily it was a bad pass and Gordon couldn't complete the catch.

pears is horrible. I think this makes wood look worse than he is. But wood hasn't been amazing either

Fair enough. He made adjustments in the 2nd half. But as a #1 CB, he was terrible in the first half.

what would make you happy? to expect any CB to totally shutdown any receiver these days is ridiculous. Gordon has destroyed other CB's in his career, this was a solid overall defensive effort. If Gilmore is our biggest concern on defense, we are in good shape.

don't tell wgr that Gilmore was bad. They'll yell at you and call you dumb and say you don't know football.

Gilmore was bad. Idk if it was scheme or what but on the off chance they did play press coverage they didn't jam the receiver at the line and watched them blow by him. Also on a 3rd down he was covering Gordon and literally stood in one spot and didn't move just watched Gordon run by luckily it was a bad pass and Gordon couldn't complete the catch.

You don't think that maybe if he just stood there it was a scheme designed for him to pass Gordon off and cover the flat?

Edited by Big C

Gotham Bill, Your post game analysis is my favorite topic. It draws a lot of smart responses.

Just a few observations that I came away from this game. I am befuddled as to why there are so many critics of Gilmore. I consider him to be in the top third of the CBs in the league. He usually covers the best receivers and for the most part he doesn't allow them to get behind him. He is a coveted large size CB that most teams would love to have.

Jackson is one of my all-time favorite Bills. Although he is a terrific pass blocker and he follows his blockers very well it is apparent to me that he has lost a step or two. There is little explosion in his runs. I would like to see Brown get more carries.

The first half of the game was dreadful. I was tempted to go outside and enjoy the weather. However, I stuck it out. There is no doubt that Orton gives us a better chance to win compared to EJ. Having said that Orton is a pedestrian qb who because of his experience is going to allow your team to compete but is not going to get you anywhere. I'm mostly indifferent to having Orton back or not. If this franchise had a more talented starter this team would be a serious team.

As others have noted Watkins is not the player that he was in the beginning of the season. The groin injury and the rib injury must still be bothering him.

Our DL is one of the best in the game. The rookie LB Brown is a very instinctive player and Bradham is an emerging player.

In general I thought Marrone called a good game. He was tuned in to the rhythm of this game and flowed with it.

The fumble by Brown in the KC game when he was going in for a score is haunting this team. That heartbreaking loss still bothers me because the fans deserve a serious run for the playoffs.

Welcome Back Bill, good to see the "a few thoughts" post again.

This years team has a championship defense no question in my view, and my fear is will they lose Schwartz after the season.

In regards to Sammy, from what I see he is full practice, and only listed as probable just like Fred Jackson. I doubt his injury is that big an issue anymore. My take is its the coaches inability to get the kid in space just like Spiller, and he is a player the team gave up 3 draft picks for so this offensive coaching staff can use him as a decoy.

I feel its not just the offensive game planning or scheming at fault. I feel the O line is also regressing due to bad coaching. I think a change to the offensive side of the ball in coaching to quality experienced NFL assistants would be as dramatic to the offense as Schwartz has been to the defense vs George Edwards / Dave Wannstedt.

Gotta love the win, Go Buffalo!

The Browns' kick returner looked pretty fast to me.

Gilmore is terrible. Get rid of him and McKelvin.

It appeared that Cleveland's game plan was to continually attempt to run outside; to get away from our defensive line. Good strategy but we generally adjusted on defense pretty well.

As someone else mentioned, loved seeing some screen passes for a change.

Love our punter.

Freddie's nickname should be "guts."

what would make you happy? to expect any CB to totally shutdown any receiver these days is ridiculous. Gordon has destroyed other CB's in his career, this was a solid overall defensive effort. If Gilmore is our biggest concern on defense, we are in good shape.

Leodis is on IR, now it's Gilmore's turn to be called a bust by the armchair scouts. I give them no bother, rather, I urge them to watch the cornerback play across the league this season. It's below average on a good day, usually pretty piss poor most days. Gilmore has played very well this season overall. If people are going to say he played bad today because it was in the game plan to keep Gordon in front of him, then so be it.

Edited by stony

You don't think that maybe if he just stood there it was a scheme designed for him to pass Gordon off and cover the flat?

why did he turn around and watch gordon and ignore the flat then?

Leodis is on IR, now it's Gilmore's turn to be called a bust by the armchair scouts. I give them no bother, rather, I urge them to watch the cornerback play across the league this season. It's average on a good day, usually pretty piss poor most days. Gilmore has played very well this season overall. If people are going to say he played bad today because it was in the game plan to keep Gordon in front of him, then so be it.

Gilmore was not on Gordon every play. How don't you people understand this Edited by kr632

The Bills played zone most of the day it seemed. He definitely stopped on that play because it was not his responsibility. I don't know what the Lb's were doing on that play though. Someone left their position.

Preston Brown was all over the field today

Re-Sign Searcy please

Robert Woods is a 1a receiver..honey badger don't care he lays it on the line every game

I don't know why it seems this team just muddles along through large parts of the game sprinkled in with some great defense and frustrates the heck out of me??

On the sack fumble TD of JF2 I feel like the NFL was like, nah give the kid another shot but NO...Graham said No Sir!!!

Preston Brown was all over the field today

Re-Sign Searcy please

Robert Woods is a 1a receiver..honey badger don't care he lays it on the line every game

I don't know why it seems this team just muddles along through large parts of the game sprinkled in with some great defense and frustrates the heck out of me??

On the sack fumble TD of JF2 I feel like the NFL was like, nah give the kid another shot but NO...Graham said No Sir!!!

preston was good today. Possibly his best game as a pro. All over the place.

At the start of the game, Gilmore was on Austin

He wasn't on anyone in particular. The Bills played zone most of the game. Whomever lined up on gilmore's side on any particular play is who he guarded, until he sometimes passed them off to someone else playing zone. On a smaller percentage of the plays they played man, but he still just started on his side of the field, which was usually the right.