Is it possible to make a better play than Hughes did?

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Hughes deflects contract talk as free agency looms

Hughes deflects contract talk: The biggest brewing contract situation for the Bills is with defensive end Jerry Hughes, who forced a fumble and returned it for a touchdown in the third quarter Sunday. He's set to become a free agent after this season, but Hughes wasn't biting when asked about his contract -- and his value possibly rising -- after the game. "It's a lot of fun, but really it's the playoffs," Hughes said, smiling. "We got to find a way to get in there. We know it's an uphill battle. ...That's been everyone's focus in the building."

Excluding the stuff like a playoff game or the meaning of the game, I'm not sure it's possible to make a better play.

Against a top tier LT.

All on his own.

Was clearly held so no matter what it's coming back.

Beats his guy.

Gets to RB.

Tackle for loss.

Strips ball.

Recovers himself.

Gets up and scored a TD.

It may be the best single play ever. ;)

Thomas was getting beaten pretty regularly by Hughes...he got called for holding 3 times and then had a false start with Hughes getting ready to jump the snap count. Hughes showing he is worth every penny the Bills would need to pay him to keep him...

Excluding the stuff like a playoff game or the meaning of the game, I'm not sure it's possible to make a better play.

Against a top tier LT.

All on his own.

Was clearly held so no matter what it's coming back.

Beats his guy.

Gets to RB.

Tackle for loss.

Strips ball.

Recovers himself.

Gets up and scored a TD.

It may be the best single play ever. ;)

Haven't seen a replay to confirm, but about 2 seconds before Hughes stripped it, I remember saying "Way to see it, kid!" referring to Preston Brown.

He might deserve hisself a little nod on that play.....

Haven't seen a replay to confirm, but about 2 seconds before Hughes stripped it, I remember saying "Way to see it, kid!" referring to Preston Brown.

He might deserve hisself a little nod on that play.....

Brown strung it out. If he wasn't there it's possible that the hold would have stopped Hughes from being able to get to the RB quick enought to tackle and strip him. So yes, Preston gets a little nod. He was in great position too.

Brown strung it out. If he wasn't there it's possible that the hold would have stopped Hughes from being able to get to the RB quick enought to tackle and strip him. So yes, Preston gets a little nod. He was in great position too.

He still gets caught taking a false step every now and again, but I swear the kid is getting better every week. He got a great jump on that play right off the snap.

I'd really like to see him, Kiko and Bradham running behind that same Front4 next year.

He still gets caught taking a false step every now and again, but I swear the kid is getting better every week. He got a great jump on that play right off the snap.

I'd really like to see him, Kiko and Bradham running behind that same Front4 next year.

Yup. I love Spikes on run downs though. He's been everything advertised. He means a lot to this defense even playing half the snaps. Brown is good though. And guns don't kill people, Nigel Bradham kills people.

Each week this defense really lays the hurt locker on teams. I'm sure you of all people are relishing that this year.