Goodwin is good as gone

YoloinOhio

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly still do not get the people/fans who would take Chan Gailey back. The guy wanted Spiller but then it took him 2 years to figure out how to use him. He also was dead set on stating Trent Edwards to begin with. In his 3 years as head coach the Bills offense had 6 games where the offense failed to score a TD and 9 games where the offense didn't produce more than 10 points. With Marrone/Hackett the Bills have had 2 games where the offense didn't score and 2 games under 10 points. 1 last year and 1 this year.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Goodwin has the speed, the hands, the talent to be good. He has the right attitude and works hard. Unfortunately his body just can not handle the abuse required to play in the NFL as a full time WR, or even special teams. He is too "fragile" for the NFL. There is nothing he can do to change that.

I would like to have him around next year with another OC and HC to see if he could shine in a limited situational role, if he had the coaches who could find the right way to use his talents. But I'm not sure if this team can afford to do so with it's current leneup and so many other pressing needs. If not, I hope he lands somewhere with the right situation where he could make signifigent contributions to a winning team.

its been a lot of offensive guys that are making these comments this year -- bryce brown, mike williams, goodwin, and im not sure if he did but urbik wouldve been justified

I posted this in the thigpen thread - but might see more traction here

its been an odd stretch for managing offensive talent.

And as I've said, what you're seeing are blatant symptoms of the coach and the GM not being on the same page with one another. It's bad enough even when you're winning (see SF), but when you aren't winning, there is really only one way this ends.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I honestly still do not get the people/fans who would take Chan Gailey back. The guy wanted Spiller but then it took him 2 years to figure out how to use him. He also was dead set on stating Trent Edwards to begin with. In his 3 years as head coach the Bills offense had 6 games where the offense failed to score a TD and 9 games where the offense didn't produce more than 10 points. With Marrone/Hackett the Bills have had 2 games where the offense didn't score and 2 games under 10 points. 1 last year and 1 this year.

because people are idiots and have short term memories. Someone has posted before that Hackett is actually better than Gailey as far as stats are concerned. Well see this year that his record is better as well.

Regardless who he has to work with. Chan was the HC and was able to pick everything he had on that team becaise he and Buddy tight together. But your right, it took him 3 years to figure out to use his first overall pick with the team. A player that he literally gushed over when he took him.

To those that think Hackett is gone at the end of the year... Think again. I'll bet a beer at the TBD tailgate next year to anyone that thinks different.

yeah but Gailey got Spiller into space!! :wallbash:

And as I've said, what you're seeing are blatant symptoms of the coach and the GM not being on the same page with one another. It's bad enough even when you're winning (see SF), but when you aren't winning, there is really only one way this ends.

Couple what we see with whaleys comment and. It's hard to dispute your point. I'll also toss in when ej was benched the way marrone went out of his way to. Underscore that it was his call and he told Whaley how things would be rubbed me me funny. A fair setup but an odd spot to get so direct and explicit if there isn't some power struggle (maybe it was just a bad interview but it stood out)

We haven't seen any public fighting in nearly 3 months though!

He has GREAT speed(and just as important, quickness) but he also has excellent hands, route running ability, ability to track the football and body control etc..

I've been very critical of his injury prone nature but he has a lot more ability than I anticipated when he was drafted.

He should fit in that Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders category but it bears mentioning the Bills aren't the Steelers when it comes to the expectations placed on players by both the organization and their fellow teammates.

I agree with the takes that he may not be able to hold up to NFL punishment but I also don't know if he is fully committed to being that kind of player and that may be the issue. I've seen a lack of want-to in his kick returns this year.

I think you'd agree that it wouldn't be wise to give up on him yet.

he has the same record as Harbaugh

he has the same record as Harbaugh

Harbaugh: 48-18-1 with a SB appearance

Marrone: 12-15

Maybe marrone will rip off a stretch of 36-3-1. He did go 3-1 over that one stretch giving him 1 month over .500 so far in his career.

But maybe it's the college record of 25-25 that made you feel that way. Harbaugh was only 58-27 there. But maybe marrone was on the verge of a 33-2 run there too.

You can like marrone all you want, but the "same record" posts are stretching a bit.

Maybe marrone will rip off a stretch of 36-3-1. He did go 3-1 over that one stretch giving him 1 month over .500 so far in his career.

But maybe it's the college record of 25-25 that made you feel that way. Harbaugh was only 58-27 there. But maybe marrone was on the verge of a 33-2 run there too.

You can like marrone all you want, but the "same record" posts are stretching a bit.

He won't survive for enough games to get there. #ContinuityOfFail

the poster was referring to this year, as was I. Unless I read it wrong. My apologies. Wow. Edited by YoloinOhio

the poster was referring to this year, as was I.

I think the poster was referring to harbaugh as a highly successful coach that might not survive long term due to butting heads with his GM. I do not think he was referring to his 2014 record in a vacuum to make that point.

I think he is the second most talented WR on the team so IMO it's a big deal that he can't stay on the field. He has the potential to star in the NFL. His disappearance this year has had a negative impact on the offense.

We are also missing Johnson and Graham. They get no love?

Both did more then Goodwin LST year.

I have serious concerns about Whaley after this last draft and the FA handling. Marrone and Hackett both need to be fired on "Black Monday"

Was it Sammy you're concerned about? Or was it Preston Brown? Oh...wait, I'm sure it's Seantrell Henderson.

I can't believe he only found three starters this year.