Jurassic World

Deranged Rhino

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an interview where Chris Pratt said this role was more serious and he wouldn't be comical because the character isn't like that.

Judging by the preview of the movie it seems like a more serious film and less gimmicky. It looks interesting but I'm always wary of directors who are doing their first big budget film.

Thanks for that. I haven't read much about this one and didn't know that about Pratt's character. It'll be interesting to see how that holds up. :beer:

Really? This might be the most surprising thing I've heard you say -- not arguing, just never heard anyone classify JP as the worst movie ever. It's usually not even in that conversation. I'm curious what made you have such a strong negative reaction to it?

I don't remember it was so long ago. I just remember walking out and thinking how bad it was. Kind of turned me off of movies actually. It was at that point for me it all became about the special effects and CGI and very little about the plot and acting both of which were poor.

Edited by Chef Jim

I don't remember it was so long ago. I just remember walking out and thinking how bad it was. Kind of turned me off of movies actually. It was at that point for me it all became about the special effects and CGI and very little about the plot and acting both of which were poor.

I can see where you are coming from even though I don't agree with your opinion about this movie. There have been many a movie where I walked out thinking ' what the heck did the critics and public see in this?' Notably ' Gravity', ' dances with wolves', 'Super 8' come to mind.

I can see where you are coming from even though I don't agree with your opinion about this movie. There have been many a movie where I walked out thinking ' what the heck did the critics and public see in this?' Notably ' Gravity', ' dances with wolves', 'Super 8' come to mind.

Most of it is my inability to suspend disbelief. CGI alleges so fake to me. And also the lack of a decent plot.

The lead, Chris Pratt, has loads of personality -- though I grant you, it's not on display in that trailer at all which was surprising. Maybe he's trying to play the straight man in this one, I'm not sure. But he's really pretty hilarious and charismatic in pretty much everything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ8Cyuoq06k

And now because you made me go looking for good Pratt clips, here's some more funny ones:

https://www.youtube....h?v=WTP0pE-eTKM

https://www.youtube....fR0wRTbI (NSFW language)

And... last one: http://www.nbc.com/p...of-wisdom/n4554

Good job.

You couldn't find anything from The Lego Movie or Guardians of the Galaxy?

Good job.

You couldn't find anything from The Lego Movie or Guardians of the Galaxy?

I could only find trailers, but I didn't search too hard. Those both have great stuff from Pratt though, you're right. I actually only just recently caught up with the Lego Movie -- loved it. I'll be really curious to see Pratt in this playing serious though, I wouldn't put it past him being able to pull it off, but it's a change of pace.

New Jurassic Park

New Star Wars

Remake 10 Commandments

Hollywoodland really has run out of original ideas

they have been doing this for decades.

Exactly.

Go back to the 1930's. Notice how many Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, and Wolf Man sequels there were?

I was hoping you'd say that you had read the book first, and that the movie didn't do it justice. That was how I felt, anyway.

I was hoping you'd say that you had read the book first, and that the movie didn't do it justice. That was how I felt, anyway.

The book was terrific. I loved the second book and loathed the next two films that tried to take only parts from the sequel and stretch it out into full movies.

When I found out Speilberg was making the movie, I quickly read the book so he wouldn't spoil it for me.

Even then, I thought it was...okay. It certainly highlighted the best (phenomenal cinematography) and worst (losing interest and letting the Tyrannosauras Rex wrap things up at the end) of Speilberg. Plus, it introduced to the world the asinine abbreviation "T-rex," which pisses me off to no end.

When I found out Speilberg was making the movie, I quickly read the book so he wouldn't spoil it for me.

Even then, I thought it was...okay. It certainly highlighted the best (phenomenal cinematography) and worst (losing interest and letting the Tyrannosauras Rex wrap things up at the end) of Speilberg. Plus, it introduced to the world the asinine abbreviation "T-rex," which pisses me off to no end.

What do you think of Crichton's stuff overall?