Ferguson

TPS

The Police asking for an apology is proof the police are completely out of touch with reality. People, even athletes, have the right to protest anything they want.

Who's more out of touch with reality? High profile athletes or cops? Like these guys are qualified to take a political stand on anything. Not that I disagree with your point on their right but maybe they should just realize they can play football that's really it. It doesn't make them politically aware or bright just because people kiss their butt every day.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMHO the people that are out of touch with reality are the ones who are following the "hands up - don't shoot" meme that was proven to be absolutely false. They're perpetuating a fraud and reduce their credibility of the discussion about the real problems of race relations we have in this nation. B. O. and his henchmen are not helping the situation.

Edited by Nanker

IMHO the people that are out of touch with reality are the ones who are following the "hands up - don't shoot" meme that was proven to be absolutely false. They're perpetuating a fraud and reduce their credibility of the discussion about the real problems of race relations we have in this nation. B. O. and his henchmen are not helping the situation.

As much as it pisses me off, I actually think they are helping the situation. By acting this way in a situation where most people know it's bull ****, they're making it plain as day that they aren't to be taken seriously and that charges of racism, even when picked up nationally, are usually bull ****.

Edited by Rob's House

As much as it pisses me off, I actually think they are helping the situation. By acting this way in a situation where most people know it's bull ****, they're making it plain as day that they aren't to be taken seriously and that charges of racism, even when picked up nationally, are usually bull ****.

Agree

The thing I hate is you read twitter, and 99% of black people tweeting are still going with that narrative, along with a good number of liberal whites. So, it seems it doesn't matter.

The thing I hate is you read twitter, and 99% of black people tweeting are still going with that narrative, along with a good number of liberal whites. So, it seems it doesn't matter.

It's definitely opened my eyes to the racism that is prevalent in black America. I'm glad I have a handful of black friends to remind me that it's not all of them, and it really isn't all of them, but it's most of them. That could just as easily be me in Wilson's shoes and people I thought of as friends would be calling for my head, if they didn't know me, based solely on race. And they'd be calling me the racist.

That's the one thing I don't understand. If you're in a car at a stoplight and people walk up and start hitting your car with hammers, why get out of the car? Drive off. Run the light, don't get out of the car.

Exactly.

Self-preservation is lost on many with judging "fight or flight." Sure one can get out of the vehicle and investigate, just make sure you bring @ least one of your two buddies along to the hammer fight. You know, Smith & Wesson, or Mr. Ruger.

To the "Stop shooting us" crowd... They will, when you stop making poor choices.

I love that there are reports out there that list as many as 16 witnesses and others that the GJ met with who claim his hands were up. People who support the hands up part of this story use that as their fall back.

handsup.0.gif

The St Louis police want these guys fined or suspended and an apology. The Rams said no way. The NFL said they won't do anything.

Can't wait until one of these idiots is pulled over for speeding.

I got no problem with it. Now if the cops do what you say, it just proves the other side's point... That they are corrupt. Why should we pander to the cops just because they have a tough job? Just do your job and shut up. Darren Wilson was just doing his job.

Let the players act like ill informed fools.

Again: "All great nations have their heros, it's the sad nation that needs them."

Who's more out of touch with reality? High profile athletes or cops? Like these guys are qualified to take a political stand on anything.

They're US citizens. They have just as much right as you do to say and protest whatever they want. They just have a larger platform that they can do with as they chose to their benefit or to their detriment. It's still not up to the police to ever dictate to them about what they can or cannot say. It's a symptom of a larger problem and more people should be outraged by it than by what the players did. At least in my view.

They're US citizens. They have just as much right as you do to say and protest whatever they want. They just have a larger platform that they can do with as they chose to their benefit or to their detriment. It's still not up to the police to ever dictate to them about what they can or cannot say. It's a symptom of a larger problem and more people should be outraged by it than by what the players did. At least in my view.

This^

They are cops... Of course they want them suspended and fined, that's what cops do... How do you think villages & towns make their money.

They are like Richie Cunningham in ROTC... "You're on report! You're on report! Everybody is on report!"

Type A douchebags. That doesn't mean Wilson was wrong. Even though he was practically a kid himself @ 28.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I just hate them for being idiotic racist ass holes.

I'm not calling for them to be punished, but to borrow a page from the Birddog brigade on Rice/Peterson, Try using your position with a major corporation to advance your personal political agenda (particularly on a highly controversial topic) while wearing the company logo, and see how that works out for you.

I love that there are reports out there that list as many as 16 witnesses and others that the GJ met with who claim his hands were up. People who support the hands up part of this story use that as their fall back.

I'm hearing about this from liberals on the Springsteen board. Are these 16 credible?

This^

They are cops... Of course they want them suspended and fined, that's what cops do... How do you think villages & towns make their money.

They are like Richie Cunningham in ROTC... "You're on report! You're on report! Everybody is on report!"

Type A douchebags. That doesn't mean Wilson was wrong. Even though he was practically a kid himself @ 28.

Plenty of cops are ass holes, but a lot (I'd say most) are just regular guys. If you judge someone guilty based not on the facts, but on race/status, then you're no different from the guy burning a cross in a hood & robe.

I just hate them for being idiotic racist ass holes.

I'm not calling for them to be punished, but to borrow a page from the Birddog brigade on Rice/Peterson, Try using your position with a major corporation to advance your personal political agenda (particularly on a highly controversial topic) while wearing the company logo, and see how that works out for you.

I'm not even talking about what they're protesting about, it's immaterial to what upset me about the SLPOA response. If the NFL had come down on them or the Rams my tone would be entirely different. It doesn't bother me that average folks are upset about the protest, they have every right to their opinions on it. But police can't, and shouldn't, take sides on what's in or out of bounds in terms of freedom of speech. ESPECIALLY when the protest is directed against the police themselves.

The individual cop has every right to be upset and grumble, they have first amendment rights too -- when they're off duty.

The individual cop has every right to be upset and grumble, they have first amendment rights too -- when they're off duty.

Just like the individual Rams have free speech rights when they're off the clock. Just about all of our 1st Amendment rights are left at the door when we punch that clock. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. That you keep saying that it does baffles me.

Edited by LeviF91

Just like the individual Rams have free speech rights when they're off the clock. Just about all of our 1st Amendment rights are left at the door when we punch that clock. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. That you keep saying that it does baffles me.

It has everything to do with it. Again, it's not their employers who are upset, if they were it'd be a different conversation. It's the police demanding a private organization punish private citizens for daring to speak out against the police. Maybe you like living in a police state, I prefer a country where we have the right to say whatever we want -- especially about the police.