TPS

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

handsup.0.gif

The St Louis police want these guys fined or suspended and an apology. The Rams said no way. The NFL said they won't do anything.

Can't wait until one of these idiots is pulled over for speeding.

full cavity search, there is weed somewhere.

handsup.0.gif

The St Louis police want these guys fined or suspended and an apology. The Rams said no way. The NFL said they won't do anything.

Can't wait until one of these idiots is pulled over for speeding.

The Police asking for an apology is proof the police are completely out of touch with reality. People, even athletes, have the right to protest anything they want.

Or, as you call it, "just another Friday night."

Haha, as I call it? I am playing along with the former response. Terrible assumption.

If it is normal traffic stop they better not do anything without probable cause.

Edited by Security

The Police asking for an apology is proof the police are completely out of touch with reality. People, even athletes, have the right to protest anything they want.

The Rams would have been well within their rights to discipline these players if they so chose. Athletes have the right to protest anything they want...on their own time.

The Rams would have been well within their rights to discipline these players if they so chose. Athletes have the right to protest anything they want...on their own time.

Sure they would. But they didn't. Nor did the NFL, so what's your point? It's not on the Police to tell the Rams, or their players, what's appropriate in terms of protest. We do not live in a police state, no matter how many tanks the local PD has.

Sure they would. But they didn't. Nor did the NFL, so what's your point? It's not on the Police to tell the Rams, or their players, what's appropriate in terms of protest. We do not live in a police state, no matter how many tanks the local PD has.

They asked, the Rams said no. What's your issue with it?

They asked, the Rams said no. What's your issue with it?

That they asked in the first place, let alone went public with their plea. They're the police, not the dictators of what can or cannot be talked about or protested about. Even thinking they have a right to say anything on the matter as an organization shows a complete disregard for every civil liberty and liberty we're supposed to revere as Americans.

I think athletes taking a political stand should be reserved for when they are finished playing. I can't see how it helps anything, it cannot help them in contract negotiations, no way the agent would say go right ahead, if they team was asked they would say no, this is divisive.

Should they get in trouble from the NFL? No.

That they asked in the first place, let alone went public with their plea. They're the police, not the dictators of what can or cannot be talked about or protested about. Even thinking they have a right to say anything on the matter as an organization shows a complete disregard for every civil liberty and liberty we're supposed to revere as Americans.

They have a right to ask. They don't have a right to expect, however.

Except in as much as the NFL continually professes support of servicemen and first responders and such. Frankly, if you're upset about the police asking a sports league to portray them in a good light, you're either equally upset about the league's persistence in doing so over the past 14+ years, or you've been asleep for two decades.

They have a right to ask. They don't have a right to expect, however.

Except in as much as the NFL continually professes support of servicemen and first responders and such. Frankly, if you're upset about the police asking a sports league to portray them in a good light, you're either equally upset about the league's persistence in doing so over the past 14+ years, or you've been asleep for two decades.

"The SLPOA is calling for the players involved to be disciplined and for the Rams and the NFL to deliver a very public apology."

That sounds like a demand to me.

"The SLPOA is calling for the players involved to be disciplined and for the Rams and the NFL to deliver a very public apology."

That sounds like a demand to me.

That sounds like either. Don't tell me what a reporter said...what'd the SLPOA themselves say?

Doesn't change my point that for so long we've treated "those who serve" as above and distinct from the citizenry of our country that we shouldn't at all be surprised when they act like it.

No matter how stupid they look. Because lets be honest...in the end, they look pretty stupid protesting the death of a two-bit thug who died trying to beat up a cop and take his gun.

Nicely put.

I think athletes taking a political stand should be reserved for when they are finished playing. I can't see how it helps anything, it cannot help them in contract negotiations, no way the agent would say go right ahead, if they team was asked they would say no, this is divisive.

Should they get in trouble from the NFL? No.

All I've heard all year is that athletes aren't entitled to due process from the league for acts unrelated to their employment, now I'm hearing they should be absolved of punishment for acts directly related to their employment. WTF?

That sounds like either. Don't tell me what a reporter said...what'd the SLPOA themselves say?

Doesn't change my point that for so long we've treated "those who serve" as above and distinct from the citizenry of our country that we shouldn't at all be surprised when they act like it.

Sorry, I should have made that clear -- that's a direct quote from the SLPOA's statement.