Ferguson

TPS

A black minister's view of the Ferguson fiasco.

http://www.thegospel...hts-on-ferguson

Brave commentary. The plight of the young black man will never improve until more of them understand the root of their problems. Unfortunately, the race baiters can't have that or they shut off their cash cow and the progressives can't have that or they lose their votes.

So inevitably, the preacher will be marginalized as an "Uncle Tom" and the progressives will shut it down farther by mocking his Christian faith, and the number of boys raised without a father will increase as quickly as the government can hand out incentives for single black mothers to increase their income by popping out more fatherless sons.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brave commentary. The plight of the young black man will never improve until more of them understand the root of their problems. Unfortunately, the race baiters can't have that or they shut off their cash cow and the progressives can't have that or they lose their votes.

So inevitably, the preacher will be marginalized as an "Uncle Tom" and the progressives will shut it down farther by mocking his Christian faith, and the number of boys raised without a father will increase as quickly as the government can hand out incentives for single black mothers to increase their income by popping out more fatherless sons.

No one cares about young black men. The administration published "The Life of Julia," not "The Life of Jamal."

Couldn't agree more.

Obama is a festering boil on the azz of race relations in this country.

The only silver lining of this is that it has brought race relationships in to light and hopefully we can continue to develop as a country of equality among all groups.

The only silver lining of this is that it has brought race relationships in to light and hopefully we can continue to develop as a country of equality among all groups.

And that, right there, it the problem in a nutshell.

Those who focus on group identities will never let us get past the issue of race.

The only cure is a focus on the individual.

Those who focus on group identities will never let us get past the issue of race.

This. As long as people continue to trumpet the "equal groups" lines there will always be people showing up to contend that the groups are not equal or that every group should have their own continent or whatever.

Oh, honey, hush

You know what I was saying, though others may mean it as you intend.

All groups of people, old and young, male and female, all races and all ethnicities, all groups of people need to simply consider themselves a person among the people. To first look toward themselves as an individual of a community not from a community. A community of other individuals who en masse a unit of solidarity toward the greater good of one another individually.

Chill pill, baby.

This. As long as people continue to trumpet the "equal groups" lines there will always be people showing up to contend that the groups are not equal or that every group should have their own continent or whatever.

Like the 1% holding back the 99%?

It is just so much easier to play that game.

Like the 1% holding back the 99%?

It is just so much easier to play that game.

And humans love it. Anyplace they can find to root their identity in, and then find others who root their identity similarly and hang out.

several black teens beat a Bosnian guy, basically a random white guy to death with hammers near St. Louis.

http://www.huffingto..._n_6245628.html

They are trying to say this is not Ferguson related. Guess the blacks have it out for the Bosnians.

Also not a "hate" crime. Apparently they beat him to death with love and hammers.

A black minister's view of the Ferguson fiasco.

http://www.thegospel...hts-on-ferguson

Wow! Finally I read something on Ferguson where I agree with almost every word! (I do disagree with him that it's a waste of effort to try to make some changes to policing)

I suppose these words make him an "Oreo" or a preacher of "respectability politics", which I haven't yet been able to define (seems to be one of those "can't define it but know it when I see it" things).

several black teens beat a Bosnian guy, basically a random white guy to death with hammers near St. Louis.

http://www.huffingto..._n_6245628.html

They are trying to say this is not Ferguson related. Guess the blacks have it out for the Bosnians.

Apparently the same gang of thugs attacked another man earlier that evening, but he fought them off and got away. Haven't seen the race or ethnicity of the first person attacked. Evidently the thugs were vandalizing the car of they guy who was killed (beating on the trunk with hammers while he was stopped at a stoplight) and instead of hitting the gas and driving away, he got out to confront them.

No one cares about young black men. The administration published "The Life of Julia," not "The Life of Jamal."

I am fervently hoping to read somewhere that this sign is a hoax:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3zki1jCQAASivn.jpg

Probably a Bosnian Muslim. So good riddance, right?

I figured I would leave that one there, and someone would end up typing what you did.

It was a thought that went through my head, and then I thought, I bet DC or Greggy says exactly what you did.

That's the one thing I don't understand. If you're in a car at a stoplight and people walk up and start hitting your car with hammers, why get out of the car? Drive off. Run the light, don't get out of the car.

Or, as I would likely do, put it in reverse and give them something to be angry about.

I figured I would leave that one there, and someone would end up typing what you did.

It was a thought that went through my head, and then I thought, I bet DC or Greggy says exactly what you did.

You've got to admit it was funny, though.

I'm just shocked a thought went through your head.