Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Net Neutrality?

:lol: See? What did I tell you guys? This is the Rasputin of issues. As long as Google and Amazon exist, are led by liberals who remain politically active, this issue will never die. It's hilarious that you are talking about other people not knowing this issue.

You don't know this issue. I love how you brush by the central agument here to make a political point, and accuse others of doing so at the same time! :lol:

This is about Google and Amazon getting bandwidth cheaper because they use more of it, and the ISPs saying "no, you pay for what you use, just like everybody else". I don't care what the latest spin is, this is the central argument. Google wants a volume deal = buy huge chunks of bandwidth for cheaper, and then wants to crowd out other content providers, by buying so much at the package deal rate, that their competitors(and btw, the rest of us) become noticeably slower.

And, as long as D pols will take Google's $, we will see "HR - Infinity: A bill to implement Net Neutrality", be brought up and voted down.

The Democrats are on the side of Big Google, and it's the rest of us that will suffer if Net Neutrality ever passes, because the remaining bandwith Google doesn't buy, will be smaller, and therefore will cost us more.

You have it exactly backwards: it is Google and Amazon et al who have been, and will continue, using whatever means available to them, including turning this into a partisan liberal/conservative thing, when all it really is corporate power move to the hoop, that keeps getting blocked by those of us who do, in fact, know better.

this is absolutely correct. it's nice to see someone else saying this for a change. the only things I'd add is that Netflix is another of the companies who doesn't want to be charged for sucking up all that bandwidth, and that it will be interesting to see Google's take on the issue once they have deployed their own ISP infrastructure (they're laying down fiber here in Austin to begin offering their 1G internet service).

another part of the proposed net neutrality is to make the internet a utility, giving the federal government regulatory power over it. does anyone think that they wouldn't exercise control over content like they do with television and radio?

Global warming is BS just like most things the power elite try to brainwash us with, it's just an agenda to ban fossil fuels.

This is blindingly stupid logic. You think in a world where petroleum runs the economy of every major nation the elite are anti-fossil fuels? :lol:

You got it backwards and upside down. Well done.

Global warming is BS just like most things the power elite try to brainwash us with, it's just an agenda to ban fossil fuels.

You are correct sir! It was Obama that happily said that you can go ahead and build a coal burning plant however the EPA regulations wouldn't allow it to be profitable.The very same bunch are dictating to the auto manufacturers new regulations for miles per gallon on pick up truck engines.Cant wait to see the construction crews trying to tow a low boy with some crazy turbo charged 4 cylinder engine laden with pollution controls. Cant use an incandescent light bulb pretty soon because they cant manufacture them.I could go on and on but all these mandates are dictated by the false religion of global warming.Hope things are about to change now that Americans seem to have woken up on election day. Edited by Very wide right

There have only been maybe two posters in this thread who have any actual understanding of what Net Neutrality is, and what it's implications are. The rest of you need to stab yourself in the brain, through your eye, with a knitting needle. Failing that you need to stop having opinions about things you don't even begin to understand.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

There have only been maybe two posters in this thread who have any actual understanding on what Net Neutrality is, and what it's implications are. The rest of you need to stab yourself in the brain, through your eye, with a knitting needle. Failing that you need to stop having opinions about things you don't even begin to understand.

Do you happen to know Mr. Gruber from MIT? Hes smart too.

I know I'm going to regret this, but...

What's your point?

I know you guys hate FOX news but they are the only ones to cover this.Guess the other media outlets didn't want you to see this for some reason.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/20/found-jonathan-gruber-videosand-no-media-outlet-would-call-him-back/

Edited by Very wide right

I know you guys hate FOX news but they are the only ones to cover this.Guess the other media outlets didn't want you to see this for some reason.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/20/gruber-contract-with-vermont-ends-after-missteps-on-obamacare-pile-up/

What, pray tell, does that have to do with Net Neutrality?

I'm sure your response will be riveting.

What, pray tell, does that have to do with Net Neutrality?

I'm sure your response will be riveting.

Your previous post basically called just about everyone in this thread stupid so I figured since your soooooo smart you must have personally known Mr. Gruber because he thinks people are stupid too.There cant be too many guys as smart as you around.Suprised you couldn't figure that out but you must be one of those guys that is so smart you have no common sense.

There have only been maybe two posters in this thread who have any actual understanding on what Net Neutrality is, and what it's implications are. The rest of you need to stab yourself in the brain, through your eye, with a knitting needle. Failing that you need to stop having opinions about things you don't even begin to understand.

That would be this post calling people stupid.

Your previous post basically called just about everyone in this thread stupid so I figured since your soooooo smart you must have personally known Mr. Gruber because he thinks people are stupid too.There cant be too many guys as smart as you around.Suprised you couldn't figure that out but you must be one of those guys that is so smart you have no common sense.

Thank you for clarifying. Because of your most recent efforts, I now understand what your problem is: you're functionally illiterate.

Here is what I said:

What you somehow construed this to mean, is that I think all people in this thread, with any opinions on anything at all, are morons (which may well be the case, but it's not what I said). You've ignored my very careful language which specifically targeted people espousing mind-shatteringly ignorant opinions about Net Neutrality; and, as if that weren't dumb enough you've finalized your idiocy with a reverse "No True Scottsman" logical fallacy.

For whatever reason, you seem to feel it wise to have, and worse, forcefully express, opinions which you aren't qualified to hold.

In the immortal words of Adam Sandler: "They're all gonna laugh at you."

Thank you for clarifying. Because of your most recent efforts, I now understand what your problem is: you're functionally illiterate.

Here is what I said:

What you somehow construed this to mean, is that I think all people in this thread, with any opinions on anything at all, are morons (which may well be the case, but it's not what I said). You've ignored my very careful language which specifically targeted people espousing mind-shatteringly ignorant opinions about Net Neutrality; and, as if that weren't dumb enough you've finalized your idiocy with a reverse "No True Scottsman" logical fallacy.

For whatever reason, you seem to feel it wise to have, and worse, forcefully express, opinions which you aren't qualified to hold.

In the immortal words of Adam Sandler: "They're all gonna laugh at you."

Like I said,your just not gonna get it.