Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Drove by the wind farms out here in Palm Springs yesterday. Lots of turbines not moving.  Can someone explain why?   It’s like shutting the turbines down on the Niagara. 

That is always the case. I can’t say I know why but there’s a tour you can take where they explain how it all works. 

22 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Drove by the wind farms out here in Palm Springs yesterday. Lots of turbines not moving.  Can someone explain why?   It’s like shutting the turbines down on the Niagara. 

I don't know your specific reason but part of the reason FL is so reluctant to have windfarms is that the energy needs to be stored in batteries basically and that the batteries can get "full". 

On 11/26/2022 at 7:15 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

We can agree here.  But alternative forms of energy that are cheaper and more efficient than oil and gas.  Adoption of more effective sources of energy through human history have facilitated growth and progress which has improved the quality of life and living standards.  But the point I've been hammering away at in this discussion is there aren't any more efficient sources of energy currently available.  If there are, then what are they? 

nuclear. Be a lot easier if Obama hadn’t shut down building the storage facilities a decade back. Don’t need all those nice solar farms taking up all that wildlife land. Then when the solar panels hit their life span they destroy the wild life again when people don’t recycle them properly. At least with nuke it’s already regulated to store the waste properly. But climate cult gonna go all culty. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I can take a guess—we have an abundance of cheap wind in this country, but there are  concerns that over-harvesting of wind is harmful to the environment and indicative of America’s imperialistic tendencies and complete disregard for emerging economies in developing nations.  

The answer is to ration wind, recycle that which has already been used, apply a wind tax, allow people to purchase wind credits if their wind consumption exceeds reasonable standards, and if necessary, to import wind from India or Pakistan. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

That is always the case. I can’t say I know why but there’s a tour you can take where they explain how it all works. 

Oh we took the tour.  I think they explained why but I forgot. It can't be for lack of need for power.  

Anyway all new construction in CA requires solar.  We are looking at new homes.  I don't have a problem with that but it does add $25k-$30k to the cost of the home.  

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

I don't know your specific reason but part of the reason FL is so reluctant to have windfarms is that the energy needs to be stored in batteries basically and that the batteries can get "full". 

Well that just doesn't make sense.  They've had hydro power in Niagara Falls for over 100 years.  Do they ever shut the turbines down?   It's AC not DC.  

49 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I can take a guess—we have an abundance of cheap wind in this country, but there are  concerns that over-harvesting of wind is harmful to the environment and indicative of America’s imperialistic tendencies and complete disregard for emerging economies in developing nations.  

The answer is to ration wind, recycle that which has already been used, apply a wind tax, allow people to purchase wind credits if their wind consumption exceeds reasonable standards, and if necessary, to import wind from India or Pakistan. 

And that idea will break like the wind.  

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh we took the tour.  I think they explained why but I forgot. It can't be for lack of need for power.  

Anyway all new construction in CA requires solar.  We are looking at new homes.  I don't have a problem with that but it does add $25k-$30k to the cost of the home.  

Well that just doesn't make sense.  They've had hydro power in Niagara Falls for over 100 years.  Do they ever shut the turbines down?   It's AC not DC.  

And that idea will break like the wind.  

Oh!  That Patrick Swayze song! 

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

We had solar on our last house for over fifteen years. It worked like a charm, with zero maintenance. My electric bill was generally less than $2.00 per month. You’ll love it! 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We had solar on our last house for over fifteen years. It worked like a charm, with zero maintenance. My electric bill was generally less than $2.00 per month. You’ll love it! 

That’s great but at $28k for the solar install that’s a 15-16 year break even.  Even so seeing our electric bill is our highest monthly bill here in the summer I’ll take the lower monthly bill.  We’re weird. We didn’t use the AC a ton this summer. 10-12 hours a day max. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

That’s great but at $28k for the solar install that’s a 15-16 year break even.  Even so seeing our electric bill is our highest monthly bill here in the summer I’ll take the lower monthly bill.  We’re weird. We didn’t use the AC a ton this summer. 10-12 hours a day max. 

Note that I didn’t say it would save you a ton of money. I said it worked like a charm. Your array is purposely sized to take off just the top two tiers of your power bill. Those are the higher rates where solar is competitive. But still …it makes a lot of sense for a house, where you’re not using that much power per sf. On a commercial building it’s almost impossible for solar to keep pace with demand. 

On 11/26/2022 at 7:43 AM, Chef Jim said:

I had t by e same experience when I drove from Costa Mesa to Palm Spring in 2004.  The word on the street in Palm Springs was they were shut down cuz they were killing birds.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I had t by e same experience when I drove from Costa Mesa to Palm Spring in 2004.  The word on the street in Palm Springs was they were shut down cuz they were killing birds.  

That’s not the reason here.  That was up in Altamont Pass in the Bay Area. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

just imagine if NYS, Erie county, buffalo leaders didnt sign into green source contracts for energy.  signing into the paris accord?  carbon credits?  

Maybe should have put some of that into snow plows and winter emergency devices like snow mobiles or those track four wheelers.

59 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Warmer Lake Erie means more lake effect snow. 

Right? 

It’s an interesting point, but if it was truly due to planetary warming wouldn’t we have seen this virtually every year for the past decade? I’d love to see more educated discussion on the topic. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Warmer Lake Erie means more lake effect snow. 

Right? 

Along your point, in 2004 I had 3 hurricanes hit my area and I was told that it was global warming and to prepare for more damage, then from 2006 - 2016 with no hurricane and  I was told hurricanes are not global warming related. The inability to state anything accurately before hand means it is not real science.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1