Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, yall said:

I happen to believe in anthropogenic global warming and even I know this is true. 

Bad weather? "See it's global warming!"

Good weather? "Weather is not climate!"

You wouldn't care anyway, right? If we are causing the warming, that's not something you care about, right? 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You wouldn't care anyway, right? If we are causing the warming, that's not something you care about, right? 

Caring is one thing. Being able to change it is another.  We have virtually no control over the heating and cooling of the planet.  History shows this. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Fun fact; you can believe industrialization is having a negative impact on the climate without thinking the literal sky is falling. 

I also don't happen to think some of the predicted outcomes are likely to be as dire as some do. As such I support taking reasonable measures like investing in renewables (solar in particular) and also 4th gen nuclear, something my more hysterical friends are convinced will be the death of us all.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, yall said:

Fun fact; you can believe industrialization is having a negative impact on the climate without thinking the literal sky is falling. 

I also don't happen to think some of the predicted outcomes are likely to be as dire as some do. As such I support taking reasonable measures like investing in renewables (solar in particular) and also 4th gen nuclear, something my more hysterical friends are convinced will be the death of us all.

You know what will really be the death of is all??

Death. So who cares. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Tibs I am for less pollution and cleaner water but I also recognize that we must produce energy and products. And even beyond that I recognize that literally every single thing I heard when I was in middle school in the 90s never happened. When someone says give me power or something bad will happen and then it does not happen regardless, I learn who are liars 

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

Tibs I am for less pollution and cleaner water but I also recognize that we must produce energy and products. And even beyond that I recognize that literally every single thing I heard when I was in middle school in the 90s never happened. When someone says give me power or something bad will happen and then it does not happen regardless, I learn who are liars 

Yes we must, that's why we should increase alternative forms of energy. We really can do it

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes we must, that's why we should increase alternative forms of energy. We really can do it

I am very pro alternative energy but the issues presented by each is not gonna be solved by simply passing a law. There is no govt that can make innovation happen, and the private sector will make solar work here is FL as soon as possible because we got a lot of sun.

As is so often the case when a hurricane shows up to wreak havoc, the armchair scientists and meteorologists have come crawling out of the woodwork. It’s obnoxious, but it’s also illuminating. Because it helps to remind us who the bad actors are. And there are many of them. Maybe even too many to count.

But author, climate nerd, and ex-progressive Michael Shellenberger is always doing his best to keep tabs on them and what they’re up to, and he dove into their malpractice in an extensive, must-read thread yesterday:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/finding-safe-haven-in-the-climate-change-future-the-great-plains-100003486.html

This article is hilarious - while not mentioning that currently everyone is moving in the direction opposite what they are stating but also state that anyone that disagrees with them doesn't understand science, despite all of their predictions to this point being wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/29/2022 at 10:36 AM, Tiberius said:

We can agree here.  But alternative forms of energy that are cheaper and more efficient than oil and gas.  Adoption of more effective sources of energy through human history have facilitated growth and progress which has improved the quality of life and living standards.  But the point I've been hammering away at in this discussion is there aren't any more efficient sources of energy currently available.  If there are, then what are they? 

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

We can agree here.  But alternative forms of energy that are cheaper and more efficient than oil and gas.  Adoption of more effective sources of energy through human history have facilitated growth and progress which has improved the quality of life and living standards.  But the point I've been hammering away at in this discussion is there aren't any more efficient sources of energy currently available.  If there are, then what are they? 

I'm sure I've said this a few times.  Generation is the easiest part of transitioning to electric vehicles.  The grid is the problem, it will take decades and trillions of dollars to solve. 

Last week National Grid came out with a report stating that in order to keep up with electric vehicle demand, by 2035 each highway plaza on major highways will need to be able to provide as much power as a football stadium.

Electric-vehicle charging stations could use as much power as a small town by 2035 — and the grid isn't ready

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Excellent response. The most efficient source would be nuclear power but the world is very squeamish about it for obvious reasons. Traditional electricity is an answer, but it is not THE answer. It is very inefficient and generally requires another form of energy to create the energy from electricity….which most people simply don’t understand.

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Drove by the wind farms out here in Palm Springs yesterday. Lots of turbines not moving.  Can someone explain why?   It’s like shutting the turbines down on the Niagara. 

• Like (+1) 1