Global warming err Climate change HOAX

On 2/8/2020 at 5:11 PM, Bob in Mich said:

Taro, thanks for playing along.    Jim, thanks for the suggestion too.  I think I need a white board

A BIG white board. Stop by my office. When we renovated we turned a whole wall in my conference room into a white board. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

A BIG white board. Stop by my office. When we renovated we turned a whole wall in my conference room into a white board. 

Did you use the Dry erase paint or go the real deal?  Serious question, and to make it legit for the subject matter—dry erase boards emit  300 tonnes of, uh, carbon tax credits into the atmosphere per uh, quarter. How does that make you feel, polluting for profit? 

On 2/8/2020 at 8:11 PM, Bob in Mich said:

Taro, thanks for playing along.    Jim, thanks for the suggestion too.  I think I need a white board

Why does it have to be a white board?  What's wrong with a black board?

27 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

#blackboardsmatter

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Racist! Replacing blackboards with whiteboards is not cool.

Edit: I've gotta get rid of this dial-up!

Edited by 3rdnlng

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 3:00 PM, Bob in Mich said:

Not sure this question belongs here but thought it could be interesting if you feel like thinking about it. 

Hypothesis:

If the glaciers melt they will raise sea levels.  I know it will be incredibly gradual when it occurs but still they will rise over time. 

How does that impact rivers that flow into these raised oceans?  Won't rivers need to rise too to be at the same level in order to flow as they do today?  If so, does that mean that Lake Ontario will accumulate water gradually in order to keep flowing out the St Lawrence?  Above the Falls, the Great Lakes wouldn't see any changes, right?  Might other rivers deepen or even form lakes, or no ?  What do the deep thinkers here think? 

My wife asked that same question over the weekend.

16 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Not sure, but they were low enough at one time for people to build these cities.

https://in.musafir.com/Blog/6-submerged-cities-around-the-world.aspx

A quick check of the Japan one says it is a naturally occurring rock formation.  And other ones that were real cities sunk because of earthquakes.

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Did you use the Dry erase paint or go the real deal?  Serious question, and to make it legit for the subject matter—dry erase boards emit  300 tonnes of, uh, carbon tax credits into the atmosphere per uh, quarter. How does that make you feel, polluting for profit? 

The paint. We had to vacate the office for 48 hours due to the toxicity. And polluting for profit?  ??

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

A quick check of the Japan one says it is a naturally occurring rock formation.  And other ones that were real cities sunk because of earthquakes.

There is a show that I watched on Hulu, forget what original channel it was on, this guy goes exploring and treasure hunting etc. He went to that place and went diving there, he was hoping for it to be an old ancient city, but came to the same conclusion.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Not sure, but they were low enough at one time for people to build these cities.

https://in.musafir.com/Blog/6-submerged-cities-around-the-world.aspx

Not sure? If the weather was warmer the seas will rise. That's not just an "oh well," that's going to be a seriously big deal we have to deal with. 

Were there more powerful storms because of the warmer sea water? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Not sure? If the weather was warmer the seas will rise. That's not just an "oh well," that's going to be a seriously big deal we have to deal with. 

Were there more powerful storms because of the warmer sea water? 

Oh you mean like this?

Image result for ancient north american inland sea

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.earth.com%2Fnews%2Fwestern-interior-seaway%2F&psig=AOvVaw23iw9KDBuU8b7gTKOGf_Gb&ust=1581434433007000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCICq5r-kx-cCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Edited by Gary M