Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

You're a moran.

1) You need to think of your own line. 

2) If you're going to use it, it's, "Your a moran," moran. 

And whoever made that error is probably long gone. But I think he was really really short. 

Edited by John Adams

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Then you missed the entire point of the "100% accurate" post.  

Or is that what I want you to think? 

(I probably missed it but numbers like yours make me nervous because of the potential for an infinite number of decimal places. It's unsettling, like Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies)

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Or is that what I want you to think? 

(I probably missed it but numbers like yours make me nervous because of the potential for an infinite number of decimal places. It's unsettling, like Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies)

You know, the mass of the electron has been calculated to some eleven decimal places...but only measured accurately to nine.

That's how good the theory of the electron is: it's more accurate than we can accurately perceive.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You know, the mass of the electron has been calculated to some eleven decimal places...but only measured accurately to nine.

That's how good the theory of the electron is: it's more accurate than we can accurately perceive.

I’m torn between two answers:

1. Obviously.
2. Nice try. 

This isn’t over. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, DC Tom said:

Important point here...

One of the easiest ways to tell you're being conned is artificial precision.  People are more likely to believe precise statements than vague ones, so when lying, be precise.  Conversely,  if someone's being precise to you, question it, particularly if it's a future prediction or a statistical statement.  

That was really the point of this joke.  When you see artificial precision, suspect nonsense.

Like this one, oddly specific number there:

"17 security agencies agree that Donald Trump is colluding the RUSSIA!!!!!!" - Hilldawg, Nov 2016

I believe one of them was the US Post Office or something.

Edited by ScotSHO
  • Like (+1) 1

Greta strikes again!

How dare Roger Federer take millions of dollars from a sponsor that provides loans to the fossil fuel industry! He should be more responsible.

Though I can just picture the productive dialogue with his sponsor:

Roger Federer: Credit Suisse, we must talk about our environmental responsiblities!

Credit Suisse: Absolutely, how can we help Mr. Federer?

RF: Well, the next time you give me a multi-million dollar sponsorship check, how about we forego the paper check and just do direct deposit?

CS: Not a problem, sir! We will save nearly 1/1024th of a tree that way!

RF: Saving the environment just feels good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Facebook Bug Reveals Greta Thunberg's Posts Are Written by Her Father

Left using children...........no surprise.

Someone tell the Nobel Prize Committee

The edit history for Greta Thunberg’s page shows that the content has actually been written by her father, Svante Thunberg, and Adarsh Prathap, a climate activist in India who serves as a delegate at the UN’s Climate Change organization.

So Activist-A serves as a delegate to a UN organization, and Activist-A is writing content for Activist-B to lobby the organization which Activist-A sits?

Collusion anyone?

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

Are we sure Greta isn’t about  50? I remember her being in Willy Wonka and the Chocoate  Factory