Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, John Adams said:

But second, let's not take away her voice because she's a teen. She seems capable of making her own case for what she cares about. 

let me ask you... do you think this teenager (who has missed how many days of school this year?) is informed enough to have a valid opinion? do you think she is being used as a pawn to push your preferred agenda?

Edited by Foxx

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

let me ask you... do you think this teenager is informed enough to have a valid opinion?

Yes. Her opinion is one shared by many informed people, including people far smarter that her, or you. 

do you think she is being used as a pawn to push your preferred agenda?

It's not my agenda, as you'll note I rarely venture into this thread, but of course she's being used. She caught fire. 

(who has missed how many days of school this year?)

I'd say her experiences in the last year are more valuable to her life than a year in class that she can make up. 

12 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Yes. Her opinion is one shared by many informed people, including people far smarter that her, or you. 

and there are probably more people equally informed on the other side of the equation that are far smarter than you or her.

It's not my agenda, as you'll note I rarely venture into this thread, but of course she's being used. She caught fire. 

i suspect your being slightly disingenuous here. you are suggesting that you don't have a position here when it is readily apparent that you do.

I'd say her experiences in the last year are more valuable to her life than a year in class that she can make up. 

sure, if you are looking to produce a progressive activist. otherwise, not so much.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Our president. Shameful. 

You can't even condemn this disgraceful behavior?

Try to do it. What do you think of the president of the United States trolling a teenager?

Of course you're not. You are a fraud. You  can't criticize it or answer a question about it.

You wouldn't criticize him if he showed you his Rothschild Card. 

No. This is an action, specific. Look at it. Is this what you want our president doing? Such a simple question Greg. What do you think of his Tweet? 

First, she may be being pushed forward in some way similar to the way Rosa Parks was. But second, let's not take away her voice because she's a teen. She seems capable of making her own case for what she cares about.

Except unlike you, I point out the things he does well.  But you can never ever ever admit his bad behavior. Talk about an NPC lemming: Look at yourself, just here in this moment on this point. Are you sure you're not a paid Trump plant? Did you start taking money when he was going to buy the Bills? And now are just here on the political side? 

TrumpPR-DR: That's you!

His trolling the teenager is par for the course.  He trolls everybody that pushes agendas he doesn't agree with.  It is nothing to celebrate, but at this point it is pretty much standard fare.

But, you seem to be the one trying to take away her right to be on the stage for being a teen.  Yes, children should be "off-limits" from harassment in the spotlight (such as Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, the Bush twins, 44's daughters, and 45's youngest son should have been/ be off-limits while their dad's were in the WH), but when they willfully put themselves in the spotlight like any other adult participant then they open themselves up to the same criticisms the adults get.

And sometimes those criticisms come from top tier twitter trolls.  If she and, more importantly, her parents didn't want her to face that criticism, they could have kept her off the podium.  They and she chose this battle.  Or do you say only they chose it and she didn't have a choice or a voice in that decision?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here's the thing you might do as an adult, or maybe even  as POTUS. Maybe, I mean, if you're a grown up. When kids yell at you, ignore them. 

It's not that hard. 

In one breath you say that we shouldn't dismiss her voice just because she's a teen. In the next you say that she's simply a kid yelling and that we as adults should just ignore her. Which is it?

She is a willing puppet for a bull#### movement . She is a grifter. She deserves all the mockery and disdain.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

His trolling the teenager is par for the course.  He trolls everybody that pushes agendas he doesn't agree with.  It is nothing to celebrate, but at this point it is pretty much standard fare.

But, you seem to be the one trying to take away her right to be on the stage for being a teen.  Yes, children should be "off-limits" from harassment in the spotlight (such as Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, the Bush twins, 44's daughters, and 45's youngest son should have been/ be off-limits while their dad's were in the WH), but when they willfully put themselves in the spotlight like any other adult participant then they open themselves up to the same criticisms the adults get.

And sometimes those criticisms come from top tier twitter trolls.  If she and, more importantly, her parents didn't want her to face that criticism, they could have kept her off the podium.  They and she chose this battle.  Or do you say only they chose it and she didn't have a choice or a voice in that decision?

Is this really what you (not you specifically since you added your disclaimer at the top) want from that office of the president? To justify how he's a great troller of teenagers? 

Low, low, low standards. 

Yes, he's the Troller-in-Chief. I guess that's the level of decency you want from the office. 

(For the record, she's winning the troll battle. Trump shouldn't mess with teens on social media. They are better at it.)

Edited by John Adams

6 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

In one breath you say that we shouldn't dismiss her voice just because she's a teen.

When my kid throws a meatball at my head because she'd prefer a cookie, I can't dismiss it, but I can be an adult and not react the way I would if an adult did it.  

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No.

But that's what elections are for.  Not impeachment.

I will reread the Articles but I don't recall there being one for Abusive Trolling. 

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

When my kid throws a meatball at my head because she'd prefer a cookie, I can't dismiss it, but I can be an adult and not react the way I would if an adult did it.  

Dodge.

Side note. Meatballs are way tastier than cookies. Teach that kid how to get fat deliciously!

• Haha (+1) 2

I didn't care for the tweet. Not because Greta is off limits, but because it served no purpose and just gave the left a distraction to cling to in a time of need.

Leftists love to exploit children this way. It enables them to push their propaganda without being challenged.

When challenged they claim the child is off limits.

Sure, they're full of *****, as evidenced by their treatment of children on the "wrong" side of politics, including those who never sought the spotlight (e.g. Covington), but when has insincerity or glaring hypocrisy ever stopped them? And when has the media ever called them on it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I will reread the Articles but I don't recall there being one for Abusive Trolling. 

No, that falls under the general "I don't like him" reason most people give for supporting impeachment.

11 minutes ago, John Adams said:

(For the record, she's winning the troll battle. Trump shouldn't mess with teens on social media. They are better at it.)

She is.  She - or her social media handlers, more likely - could teach the Democrats quite a bit about dealing with the Candied Yam in Chief.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

I didn't care for the tweet. Not because Greta is off limits, but because it served no purpose and just gave the left a distraction to cling to in a time of need.

Leftists love to exploit children this way. It enables them to push their propaganda without being challenged.

Sure, they're full of *****, as evidenced by their treatment of children on the "wrong" side of politics, including those who never sought the spotlight (e.g. Covington), but when has insincerity or glaring hypocrisy ever stopped them? And when has the media ever called them on it?

what would they do without the mandatory "2 HOURS HATE" every day on the left?

8 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

This is a really good point. When things are going badly for left, he almost always steps on his own dick by tweeting or doing something stupid and it changes the narrative. Just the opposite when things are going good for the left.

What if...Trump is just trolling ALL of us???

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

exactly right. they also love to exploit them in other ways

behind closed doors....

Greta's manifesto:

Why We Strike Again

After all, the climate crisis is not just about the environment. It is a crisis of human rights, of justice, and of political will. Colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all. Our political leaders can no longer shirk their responsibilities.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

Greta's manifesto:

Why We Strike Again

Anarchy is the answer, eh? I wonder if climate change is so devastatingly eminent then why is she worried about future generations? Greta is a 16 year old girl but in the same breath not a 16 year old girl. She's the face of a movement and based on her actual individual importance, hurting her feelings pales in comparison to making world wide changes based on her feelings. While Trump's tweet didn't disparage the girl it did make fun of the movement. Not a big ***** deal. 

• Like (+1) 1