Global warming err Climate change HOAX

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You said 'freedom allows me to decide what is the greater good' and that is true but only to an extent.  That decision can technically be made by the individual, but both of our actions will be dictated by our government's decisions on the greater good.  For example if our leaders decide to spend tax dollars on this issue, they will be our tax monies and if they spend on a wall or a new weapon system instead, they will be our tax dollars.

Ideally, to address societal problems governments wouldn't need to act on incomplete information, but the obvious reality is that they do.  Governments often act on these problems without complete knowledge of future events and without complete course agreement within the population - for instance, buying Greenland or going to war.  If the country declares war, the unconvinced go to war along with the convinced.

What were your thoughts on the Ebola scare in Africa a few years back?  Did you believe the dire predictions made by those experts?

We weren't asked to make individual sacrifice but were you in favor of spending US (say CDC) dollars in this fight against the virus spread?

Was that enough of a certain threat to you for you to want our government to act even though the deaths were occurring in Africa and not America?

Or, at the time of the Ebola outbreak did you think we shouldn't spend US tax dollars on this because China, Russia, and India were not putting in the same effort and money?

The difference is that the Ebola virus is a proven threat. 

...and preventing it doesn't involve implementing communist ideologies; which would kill more people than the disease.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Climate-activist-Greta-Thunberg-998x699.

“Poor kid — she’s just a younger, more vulnerable Cindy Sheehan, and like Sheehan will be discarded as soon as she’s no longer of use.

In the meantime, her moral theatrics have grown tedious.”

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

The difference is that the Ebola virus is a proven threat. 

...and preventing it doesn't involve implementing communist ideologies; which would kill more people than the disease.

So, just out of curiosity, what part of the climate change theory is invalid in your mind?  I think we can assume you buy that burning fossil fuels produce CO2.  I assume you trust that greenhouses can raise temperatures, right?  Do you believe that CO2 and methane gases can cause this greenhouse effect on the planet?   It seems our planet's CO2 concentrations are rising (ice cores if I recall), true or doubted? 

So, if we can assume you buy all of that science, where does the skepticism come from?

22 hours ago, TH3 said:

I know how carbon footprints are calculated...Seems like you have the problem with math...Yes - have a bigger house, bigger car = more carbon....How is this stupid? 

Not sure where I broke out a kid to bolster any points I want to make....seems like your squad is posting the kid memes and links - not me....

Not sure why I advocated any tax solutions to anything....

I suggest you stop arguing about math....it has a way of making the ignorant look foolish......Just be a man and say you don't give a !@#$ about global warming - are you man enough? 

Take your own advice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Can you give us a synopsis of that article? I would guess that most of us don't subscribe to the NYT. What kind of rules are they? What affect will their elimination have on our environment? Were they good rules in the first place?

I don't subscribe to the NYT either and was able to read it. Maybe clearing my history and cache gave me a free look.

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

So, just out of curiosity, what part of the climate change theory is invalid in your mind?  I think we can assume you buy that burning fossil fuels produce CO2.  I assume you trust that greenhouses can raise temperatures, right?  Do you believe that CO2 and methane gases can cause this greenhouse effect on the planet?   It seems our planet's CO2 concentrations are rising (ice cores if I recall), true or doubted? 

So, if we can assume you buy all of that science, where does the skepticism come from?

I know pouring a cup of water on my head will get me wet. Doesn't mean I'm eager to build a boat.

Edited by unbillievable

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

All kidding aside....................this tweet gives the game away.

This is how you know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the whole thing's a hoax. If they really believed that man-made global warming was an existential crisis they'd be tripping over their own feet to switch to nuclear energy ASAFP.

The fact that they oppose it is proof positive that they're full of *****.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

This is how you know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the whole thing's a hoax. If they really believed that man-made global warming was an existential crisis they'd be tripping over their own feet to switch to nuclear energy ASAFP.

The fact that they oppose it is proof positive that they're full of *****.

The Dems are against nuclear because they think it's too dangerous. That's idiotic given how clean and safe it is relative to almost every other power source, but that's the reason. 

It has nothing to do with "If they really believed that man-made global warming was an existential crisis they'd be tripping over their own feet to switch to nuclear energy ASAFP," which I think you know, but I don't want to give you too much credit. 

• Like (+1) 1

SCIENCE, UNSETTLED: 

Is theory on earth’s climate in the last 15 million years wrong?

by Rutgers University

A key theory that attributes the climate evolution of the Earth to the breakdown of Himalayan rocks may not explain the cooling over the past 15 million years, according to a Rutgers-led study.

The study in the journal Nature Geoscience could shed more light on the causes of long-term climate change. It centers on the long-term cooling that occurred before the recent global warming tied to greenhouse gas emissions from humanity.

"The findings of our study, if substantiated, raise more questions than they answered," said senior author Yair Rosenthal, a distinguished professor in the Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences in the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences at Rutgers University-New Brunswick. "If the cooling is not due to enhanced Himalayan rock weathering, then what processes have been overlooked?"

32 minutes ago, John Adams said:

The Dems are against nuclear because they think it's too dangerous. That's idiotic given how clean and safe it is relative to almost every other power source, but that's the reason. 

It has nothing to do with "If they really believed that man-made global warming was an existential crisis they'd be tripping over their own feet to switch to nuclear energy ASAFP," which I think you know, but I don't want to give you too much credit. 

If they honestly believed the Earth was in danger of bursting into flames and we could avert it by reducing our carbon emissions, the dangers they fear from nuclear energy wouldn't amount to a speed bump.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Which is why it's proof positive they're full of *****.  They pose themselves as the experts on climate change, but if they had even a half-assed level of knowledge of the subject, they'd support nuclear energy.

• Like (+1) 1