Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Eh, if we have to sacrifice a few hundred million people to ensure a .001 degree decrease in the Earth's temperature by 2150, it's worth it. I mean, not to them, but who cares what the sacrificial lambs think?

I, for one, will sleep better at night knowing their noble sacrifice will mean something 6ish generations down the line.

download.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Anyone have any witty jokes about the burning Rainforest?  

I'm working on one but priorities are priorities and I'm just finishing up my Infanticide trilogy. I'm looking for other jokes to go with "Infanticide is a horrific form of smotherly love." Any help I can get from you guys here to help me finish my trilogy means I can start the laugh train on the rainforest peccadillo. Off the top of my head I'm thinking I could sort of center it around a "fireside chat" theme.

• Like (+1) 1

Court rules Obama EPA violated law on Waters of the United States Rule

More than nine months after the last hearing in the case, and nearly nine months to the day of the briefing deadline for that hearing, U.S. District Judge Lisa Godbey Wood handed a victory to the state of Georgia and nine other states that sued the federal government over the Obama administration’s 2015 Waters of the United States Rule.

Wood stated that the rule, which was intended to provide better protection of the nation’s water, violated the Clean Water Act and the Administrative Procedure Act, and she remanded it back to the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers for further work.

</snip>

The ruling only affects the states that are parties to the case, where an injunction was already in effect — Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah and West Virginia. Wisconsin was a party to the suit but dropped out in April.

</snip>

Bad week for the global warming crowd, I guess. The post below is loaded with links to click:

Michael Mann, creator of the infamous global warming ‘hockey stick,’ loses lawsuit against climate skeptic, ordered to pay defendant’s costs

Michael Mann, a climatologist at Penn State University, is the creator of the “hockey stick graph” that appears to show global temperatures taking a noticeable swing upward in the era when humanity has been burning fossil fuels and dumping CO2 into the atmosphere. The graph was first published in 1998, prominently featured in the 2001 UN Climate Report, and formed part of Al Gore’s 2006 movie, An Inconvenient Truth.

The graph’s methodology and accuracy have been and continue to be hotly contested, but Mann has taken the tack of suing two of his most prominent critics for defamation or libel. One case, against Mark Steyn, is called by Steyn likely to end up in the Supreme Court. But another case, against Dr. Tim Ball was decided by the Supreme Court of British Columbia, with Mann’s case thrown out, and him ordered to pay the defendant’s legal costs, no doubt a tidy sum of money. News first broke in Wattsupwiththat, via an email Ball sent to Anthony Watt. Later, Principia-Scientific offered extensive details, including much background on the hockey stick.

</snip>

Dr Mann lost his case because he refused to show in open court his R2 regression numbers (the ‘working out’) behind the world-famous ‘hockey stick’ graph (shown below).

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

FIRE IN THE MINDS OF (CLIMATE) MEN

“Fire in the minds of men” is a phrase from Dostoyevsky’s great novel about revolutionary madness, The Possessed, and certainly it appears the climatistas are possessed by a panic that proceeds from their monomania. Once again last night I saw a segment on one of the network news broadcasts about how the Amazon “rain forest”—the “lungs of the earth,” don’t you know!—are burning up! With a record area on fire! There are pictures! And satellite photos. Surely this is proof that carbon dioxide will cause catastrophic warming 80 years from now.

There’s just one problem with this story: many of the main claims aren’t true, or are grossly distorted. (I know what you’re thinking: Gee, this never happens.)

Consider this assessment:

Natural fires in the Amazon are rare, and the majority of these fires were set by farmers preparing Amazon-adjacent farmland for next year’s crops and pasture. Much of the land that is burning was not old-growth rain forest, but land that had already been cleared of trees and set for agricultural use.

What climate denier said this monstrous thing? Oh, right, it was the New York Times last Friday.

https://babylonbee.com/news/scientists-climate-change-killed-us-years-ago-and-the-trump-presidency-is-some-sort-of-lost-final-season-situation

But now climate scientists have revealed the worst news of all: Climate change killed us years ago, and the Trump presidency is some purgatory-like trial similar to the last season of the TV show Lost.

“We’ve been crunching the data, and it’s the only thing that makes sense,” explained climate scientist Andrew Halloway at a press conference presenting the findings. He warned that their scientific conclusion is considered a spoiler for the final season of Lost but also said that the season was “terrible” and that “no one should watch it.”

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1