Global warming err Climate change HOAX

On 7/7/2019 at 1:28 AM, Thurmal34 said:

I agree. You seem to project my position based on a portion of what I posted. Up yours. I, based on volumes of information and data encourage you to challenge me. 

I’m not saying it’s our fault or natural weather change, I’m just saying it’s happening.

Your ilk is denying it altogether. Simpletons.

I think if you're not saying it's our fault, you're ilk-ish, ilk-like, or maybe even ilk-centric. You probably just don't know it. 

I voted for the orange messiah, and was asked to tell you that unlike the other group who call people deplorable and irredeemable and seem to want a good national cleansing,  all are welcome in

here.

We are Ilkclusive. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think if you're not saying it's our fault, you're ilk-ish, ilk-like, or maybe even ilk-centric. You probably just don't know it. 

I voted for the orange messiah, and was asked to tell you that unlike the other group who call people deplorable and irredeemable and seem to want a good national cleansing,  all are welcome in

here.

We are Ilkclusive. 

his anti-ilkite language has been somewhat offensive

• Like (+1) 1

On a somewhat humorous note, I received a text this evening from NOAA weather radar. Verbatim: "We have a report about thunderstorm in your area. Can you please confirm?"

Forget for a moment about the bad grammar. This is one of the main organizations pushing MMGW and they need to ask me if there's a %$#@ing thunderstorm outside?!

(yes, I am aware that weather and climate are two separate things, but organizational stupidity is apparently running rampant in NOAA) 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Azalin said:

On a somewhat humorous note, I received a text this evening from NOAA weather radar. Verbatim: "We have a report about thunderstorm in your area. Can you please confirm?"

Forget for a moment about the bad grammar. This is one of the main organizations pushing MMGW and they need to ask me if there's a %$#@ing thunderstorm outside?!

(yes, I am aware that weather and climate are two separate things, but organizational stupidity is apparently running rampant in NOAA) 

So if you lied to them all the time their beloved stats would be tarnished ?

Edited by row_33

49 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You should have replied: "Can confirm.  WeatherBug says there's a thunderstorm in my area."

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You should have replied: "Can confirm.  WeatherBug says there's a thunderstorm in my area."

I would have asked for a million dollar research grant confirming the theory of a thunderstorm in my area

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I would have asked for a million dollar research grant confirming the theory of a thunderstorm in my area

Dammit, how do I always miss that?  Money first, troll second.

States are making progress. Well, not the super red states, but many states are: 

South Carolina ends caps on net metering

The Energy Freedom Act, expected to be signed by South Carolina's governor, garnered strong support from not only both political parties, but also from utilities, as well as community members and solar advocates. The bill lifts caps on the number of homes that can install rooftop solar panels. It also enables new customers to lock in retail-rate net metering, which allows customers to get credits on their utility bills for excess electricity generated from solar installations on their property.

The policy also aims to help commercial and industrial consumers by allowing some large buyers to secure 10-year large-scale solar contracts (PDF) with utilities. Longer contracts provide buyers less financial risk and cut down on the frequency of permitting processes. And as the solar market grows in South Carolina, it likely will drive demand for solar installers, the fastest growing occupation in the United States.

Maine reengages on renewables

Maine's new governor, Janet Mills, was elected on a platform of putting Maine back on track towards a renewable future. Shortly after taking office, Mills abolished a moratorium on new onshore wind projects and has said she is eager to develop an offshore wind industry on the Maine coast, which has the highest offshore wind potential (PDF) in the American Northeast.

Mills also has replaced a gross net metering policy, a system that charged transmission and distribution fees on all electricity generated from rooftop solar panels, even if that power did not leave the building where it was generated. The new policy uses a standard net metering policy that incentivizes customers to install solar panels on their rooftops by compensating them for any unused electricity flowing into the grid.

These states are not alone in removing barriers and creating incentives for renewable energy development.

Just a few weeks ago, Mills put forward legislation to set goals of sourcing 80 percent of the state's energy from renewables by 2030, and 100 percent by 2050. While the bill has not yet been voted upon, it already has received bipartisan support and has a Republican lead sponsor in the state's senate. Maine already gets 75 percent of its energy from hydroelectric dams, wind turbines and biomass, and these new policies could enable the state to develop a wind and solar market large enough to export power to other states.

Nevada to add solar capacity and jobs

Passed unanimously, across party lines on Earth Day, Nevada's new energy bill mandates that the state generate 50 percent of its electricity from renewables by 2030 and signals that the Silver State isn't content with its existing Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) (PDF), which had called for 25 percent of the state's energy portfolio come from renewable sources by 2025. Although its prior RPS helped Nevada foster the fourth largest solar market in the United States, the new requirement means the state will need to develop additional renewable energy facilities, which the Nevada's government believes could add up to 11,170 full-time jobs and $1.5 billion in economic activity.

2019 and beyond: A clean energy future for the United States

These states are not alone in removing barriers and creating incentives for renewable energy development this year. Legislators in Michigan, Illinois and Pennsylvania, all among the top 10 U.S. emitters, are discussing policies that could make renewable energy options more competitive in their regional energy markets. By creating enabling environments at the state level, these policies empower cities, utilities, businesses and individuals to drive forward the clean energy revolution across the United States.

https://www.greenbiz.com/article/four-us-states-scoring-under-radar-clean-energy-wins

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, f the younger generations, pass the peas please. 

Of course, the sole answer to saving the 'younger generations' is clearly a radical redistribution of wealth and the destruction of the global economy.

It will be rainbow-farting unicorns from there!

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Of course, the sole answer to saving the 'younger generations' is clearly a radical redistribution of wealth and the destruction of the global economy.

It will be rainbow-farting unicorns from there!

Lol, a cap and trade system and a little higher gas tax is all, but to you guys that would be radicalism to the extreme! 

You guys are the pollution is good crowd 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, a cap and trade system and a little higher gas tax is all, but to you guys that would be radicalism to the extreme! 

Except that's not what the 'experts' are advocating...

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Except that's not what the 'experts' are advocating...

There's plenty of opinions from many different experts. Just look at how successful many of the states have been. California is exporting green energy, Nevada is moving towards a solar energy solution and the move to carbon sequestrion is something we can all get behind. 

Denying the the truth is just willful ignorance and is costing us a ton on money. Insurance companies, our government, state governments are spending billions cleaning up the destructive costs, and it's only getting worse. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Maybe if we all checked under the cushions in our couches and chairs we'll find that 93 trillion dollars we need to implement the crazy Left's programs.

There's plenty of opinions from many different experts. Just look at how successful many of the states have been. California is exporting green energy, Nevada is moving towards a solar energy solution and the move to carbon sequestrion is something we can all get behind. 

Denying the the truth is just willful ignorance and is costing us a ton on money. Insurance companies, our government, state governments are spending billions cleaning up the destructive costs, and it's only getting worse. 

And China/India/Russia?

What have they done besides offset or offsets?

I'm all for going back to an agrarian lifestyle, sure would weed out all the SJWs in a hurry

44 minutes ago, Gary M said:

And China/India/Russia?

What have they done besides offset or offsets?

I'm all for going back to an agrarian lifestyle, sure would weed out all the SJWs in a hurry

Cap and trade wouldn't cause a reversion to agrarianism.

Rather, it would do what every such policy in history has done: consolidate industries into larger conglomerates at the expense of small business.  Small companies won't have the capital to "trade" their way into compliance with the caps, and will either be driven out of business or acquired by large companies who have that capital.

• Like (+1) 1