Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i ***** hate NYS.

Ditto.

I have never, ever wanted to move. I've traveled too much, spent too many extended periods of time in other parts of the country (including second residences in the south and out west) to not recognize that there is no utopia. However, this stupidity that has been taking place in Albany since January... for the first time this past week I mentioned to Hubby I may be amenable to moving out of state permanently. Only problem is, where? What's "better"? We are not constrained by weather, we can live anywhere half of the year, and somewhere else the other half (or live in four areas by quarters). Right now, family keeps us in place. But, I'm not sure I can take the NYC-takeover of the rest of the state for foolish political ideas. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ditto.

I have never, ever wanted to move. I've traveled too much, spent too many extended periods of time in other parts of the country (including second residences in the south and out west) to not recognize that there is no utopia. However, this stupidity that has been taking place in Albany since January... for the first time this past week I mentioned to Hubby I may be amenable to moving out of state permanently. Only problem is, where? What's "better"? We are not constrained by weather, we can live anywhere half of the year, and somewhere else the other half (or live in four areas by quarters). Right now, family keeps us in place. But, I'm not sure I can take the NYC-takeover of the rest of the state for foolish political ideas. 

well, i probably spoke it as a generalized term when i should have more correctly said that i hate NYS politicians. 

i absolutely love NY and all it's glory. i have been to many places in this great nation of ours and i would be hard pressed to say that there is anywhere i would rather be. we have it all. if we could only wall off NYC or secede from it west of NYC, we would be a lot better off. let the liberal lunacy destroy itself outside of my purview. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

well, i probably spoke it as a generalized term when i should have more correctly said that i hate NYS politicians. 

i absolutely love NY and all it's glory. i have been to many places in this great nation of ours and i would be hard pressed to say that there is anywhere i would rather be. we have it all. if we could only wall off NYC or secede from it west of NYC, we would be a lot better off. let the liberal lunacy destroy itself outside of my purview. 

Agreed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ditto.

I have never, ever wanted to move. I've traveled too much, spent too many extended periods of time in other parts of the country (including second residences in the south and out west) to not recognize that there is no utopia. However, this stupidity that has been taking place in Albany since January... for the first time this past week I mentioned to Hubby I may be amenable to moving out of state permanently. Only problem is, where? 

We struggle with the same question.  It's why we're considering rural Ireland.

I mean...it's in the EU, but it's still got to be better than this, right?

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

We struggle with the same question.  It's why we're considering rural Ireland.

I mean...it's in the EU, but it's still got to be better than this, right?

South America. in Ecuador for example, you could retire on $200K and live comfortably.

trust me on this...

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

South America. in Ecuador for example, you could retire on $200K and live comfortably.

trust me on this...

I hear you can get some pretty nice ocean property in Dominican Republic pretty cheap nowadays.

P.S. Bring your own booze.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Since the GW debate, I have always believed CO2 lagged temperature change, not the other way around, as GW practitioners belief.   I did not know that a group of scientist's have data that shows that CO2 does lag temp.   It is buried in this article.

https://off-guardian.org/2019/06/21/global-warming-carbon-dioxide-and-the-solar-minimum/

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Since the GW debate, I have always believed CO2 lagged temperature change, not the other way around, as GW practitioners belief.   I did not know that a group of scientist's have data that shows that CO2 does lag temp.   It is buried in this article.

https://off-guardian.org/2019/06/21/global-warming-carbon-dioxide-and-the-solar-minimum/

burn-the-heretic.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yes...quantum mechanics is a money grab by Big Particle Physics.

last i looked there wasn't lockstep agreement in this area

they actually commented on the irony that the more they searched the more they disagreed

oh.... sorry, that's an honest attempt at science....

SALEM — Oregonians brought more than 2,000  trucks, tractors and other vehicles to the state Capitol this morning to protest climate bills and other legislation they say will threaten their livelihoods.

Trucks circled the Capitol, honking. The Capitol steps, mall and surrounding streets were thick with protesters.

Farmers, ranchers, loggers and others whose jobs are dependent on natural resources say the legislation — House Bill 2020, also known as cap and trade — will increase their fuel and energy costs while having a minimal impact on the climate.

“We’ve got climate problems to deal with, obviously,” said Mary Hewitt, 19, waving her sign among a group of other young protesters. Hewitt comes from a family of truckers, fishermen and other working-class people. “So many of my peers have come out supporting these bills. They think they’re fighting for the environment, and I get it. But this is not the way to help the earth. Ride a bike to work. Walk more. Recycle. But don’t crush me and my family. We’re people, too.”