Global warming err Climate change HOAX

Was listening to Rush today and he found an ABC promo for a show they had on in 2008 about global warming.  It had people predicting that NYC and Miami would be flooded by 2015 and  that gas would be $9.50 a gallon and milk would be $13.00 a gallon by then too. Same old  liberal BS for years,

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Was listening to Rush today and he found an ABC promo for a show they had on in 2008 about global warming.  It had people predicting that NYC and Miami would be flooded by 2015 and  that gas would be $9.50 a gallon and milk would be $13.00 a gallon by then too. Same old  liberal BS for years,

I remember watching that nonsense years ago.  I wonder why ABC hasn't done a follow up 10 years later :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I remember watching that nonsense years ago.  I wonder why ABC hasn't done a follow up 10 years later :rolleyes:

Yeah, that and the educational movie I saw as a kid back in 1975 on how we were all going to work 10 hours a week and afford houses that would clean themselves and flying cars.

The construction of the Climate Change hoax is truly brilliant and the tweaking of the name from Global Warming brings it all into focus:

1. Create an alternative term for weather.

2. Make a natural gas a carcinogen.

3. Scam everyone out of money to ‘fix’ the top two.

The same was true when Coca Cola was first sold for medicinal purposes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The construction of the Climate Change hoax is truly brilliant and the tweaking of the name from Global Warming brings it all into focus:

1. Create an alternative term for weather.

2. Make a natural gas a carcinogen.

3. Scam everyone out of money to ‘fix’ the top two.

The same was true when Coca Cola was first sold for medicinal purposes. 

Nonstop guilt and panic over nothing important

BJORN LOMBORG: Sorry, banning plastic bags won’t save our planet.

A 2018 study by the Danish Ministry of Environment and Food looked not just at plastic waste, but also at climate-change damage, ozone depletion, human toxicity and other indicators. It found you must reuse an organic cotton shopping bag 20,000 times before it will have less climate damage than a plastic bag.

If we use the same shopping bag every single time we go to the store, twice every week, it will still take 191 years before the overall environmental effect of using the cotton bag is less than if we had just used plastic.

Even a simple paper bag requires 43 reuses to be better for the environment – far beyond the point at which the bag will be fit for the purpose.

The study clearly shows that a simple plastic bag, reused as a trash bag, has the smallest environmental impact of any of the choices.

Don’t bother the Gaia-worshippers with facts — they’ve made up their minds.

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

Says it is 23 Celsius these days but it’s still frickin freezing and everyone around me has had bronchitis or a really horrible cough and cold the last month

I had that from April to May! Most of Western NY into the Finger Lakes has shared this wonderful "bug" since March. Now it has drifted north? Sorry for the import. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I had that from April to May! Most of Western NY into the Finger Lakes has shared this wonderful "bug" since March. Now it has drifted north? Sorry for the import. 

good point, you start to feel FINALLY nice weather is here and it's 70 F and that's not really warm enough to pare down the layers of clothing

and it's now past mid-June

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

Says it is 23 Celsius these days but it’s still frickin freezing and everyone around me has had bronchitis or a really horrible cough and cold the last month

A whole 74 Fahrenheit?  Freezing?

You're a ***** wussy little pansy-boy.  

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

i'm fine, everyone around me is falling to pieces

i keep telling folks that we get about 3 weeks of really warm weather in late July, and all of them will be complaining that it is too warm

and they forget for next year... repeat...

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's a perfect temperature for the breeding of mosquitoes, which is one of Canada's main industries.

Conservative Protest
Oregon Senate Republicans leave the state to avoid climate bill vote
"Oregon Republican senators have left the Capitol and scattered in various directions outside the state in order to avoid being rounded up by troopers for a high-profile climate bill vote scheduled today."
https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2019/06/oregon-senate-republicans-leave-the-state-to-avoid-climate-bill-vote.html

Proponents of the "emergency" bill are stating they are just following the lead of other progreesive states (eg California).

I just remember mom telling me growing up " If Billy jumped of the GW doesn't mean you should"

Edited by Uncle Joe