The contrarian view - should Marrone remain the coach of this team

BuffaloBill

Well, look at this way (and I want Marrone fired):

The QBs Marrone has been given to work with: EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton, Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis, Kevin Kolb. OUCH.

He has been given 1/2 of 1 guard in two years.

Last year he had almost zero WRs to work with.

He has been given zero tight ends in a league that features them.

So, I would say, while Marrone hasn't done himself any favors and probably deserves the axe, I could see the argument for keeping him around one more year given how little he's had to work with on the offensive side of the ball.

I think that after meeting with Brandon, Whaley and Marrone, Pegula is going to refrain from major changes going into next season as long as the Bills win at least 7 games. I'm sure that the current administration will make some minor revisions but that's it. I see Pegula waiting to see what his independent analysis reports and what his own experiences are during his first full year of ownership including an off season. If the Bills don't make the playoffs next season, he will clean house and replace all three.

That is my opinion.

I think this is the most likely scenario and probably the correct one, unless they manage to lose all their remaining games. I do think though that if Marrone does not replace Hacket, his fate after that is sealed.

I think this is the most likely scenario and probably the correct one, unless they manage to lose all their remaining games. I do think though that if Marrone does not replace Hacket, his fate after that is sealed.

But see that's why I think he's doomed. They'll insist that he fire his OC, and Marrone, being the stubborn fool that he is, will refuse (remember, this is a guy who - reportedly - dared his bosses to fire him - in public - because they told him to put Urbik in). Marrone will get himself fired by refusing to get rid of Hacket, so this'll all take care of itself.

Changes have to be made. My guess is Marrone's continued employment is contingent upon making changes quickly this off season. Who is he legitimately going to blame for this mess? Himself? Fine, goodbye! Or most likely, find fault with the OC and fire him. That'll at least show Marrone is trying to make changes and right the ship and it'll save his job; THIS season. Next season...I think he's gone unless we win the division.

Bottom line, to save his job, he's gotta make changes that are more than swapping equipment managers.

The other reason Marrone may keep his job this year is a possible lack of available and viable HC options.

If they keep him it's because he blows and they intentionally want to tank the next season to get back a good first round draft pick. That's the only reason you keep him, because you plan on his incompetence :nana:

so business as usual then ?