Why I am upset but I am not THAT upset

Agreed.

Although looking at the state of the Sabres, the Pegulas history as owners doesn't have me overly confident they'll know who to hire.

You don't like the Tim Murray hire? The Sabres are doing things EXACTLY right. This is the Sabres' version of the Colts' Curtis Painter season.

Did you change channels at all last night and watch the Sabres game? There is their track record

Are you really one of the only people in all of Buffalo that is unaware that the Sabres are TANKING ON PURPOSE?

I agree wholeheartedly with the original post. In recent past seasons, I always felt that if the team continued to perform poorly that the fans would tune out (by Buffalo standards), the November and December non-sellouts would continue, and that, combined with the smaller market, lack of luxury boxes, old stadium, lowest ticket prices in the league (meaning less revenue per ticket) would lead to the team being moved after Wilson's death. Buffalo has an amazing fan base and has historically sold as many tickets as anyone, but when your team is out of the race and you are facing WNY weather in November and December, there will be empty seats. Regardless of the Pegulas' record with the Sabres or their deep pockets as Bills owners, the fact is that I can take another season without the playoffs and potentially ANOTHER rebuild, because I know that the team will remain in Buffalo. Thus, as disappointed as I am about this season going into the tank (and given our December schedule, it is time to put a fork in it), I am not nearly as distraught as I have been in the past. There is hope and opportunity for the future.

As a side note, I agree that Pegula had a terrible start with the Sabres, mainly because he held onto Reiger too long, but I do think that the Sabres have a plan to rebuild through the draft like Pittsburgh and Chicago have done, this season's tank is part of the plan, and they have a promising future. I think that the present Bills roster has enough talent that a Sabres-like tank/full rebuild is not necessary. Last time I checked, there is not an Andrew Luck/Connor McDavid/Jack Eichel caliber player in next year's NFL draft anyway. With proper coaching and a guard or two, the Bills will be fine. This coaching staff may not be up to the task, but with the team remaining in Buffalo for the long run, there is time to find the right coach. A "franchise QB" would also be nice, but I believe that with our defense and proper coaching, this team could be a playoff caliber team. QB's like Alex Smith and Nick Foles have led teams to the playoffs with good coaching. The franchise QB is the next piece - the one that takes the team from a playoff level team to a true Super Bowl contender. One step at a time.

It's really hard to say. So many skill players have regressed or shown little signs of talent under his staff. I will argue that between CJ, Fred, Dixon, and Brown none have looked good this season and there is one common denominator. I think if you inject the team with Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady they might trend upwards, but ultimately we would fall short when in-game decisions and crucial half-time adjustments are required.

I actually agree with this.....other then defense (where Marrone brought in a veteran DC who probably runs the thing exactly the way he wants with no answer to the HC) the offensive players are all regressing.....

- OL....Marrone was a OFFENSIVE LINEMEN.....it would make no sense that this woudnt be the strongest postion of the offensive side of the ball

- Offense over all......What is going on here?

Would love to find a way to keep the defense intact, but realistically not likely. Not likely to sign both Hughes and Dareus, and a new HC will want his own DC - esp if it is a high profile coach who will demand more autonomy

Edited by stevewin