Why I am upset but I am not THAT upset

I realize were not making the playoffs now

but

We do in fact have Terry Pegula and Kim Pegula

Change is coming.....no way they can be happy about this

Did you change channels at all last night and watch the Sabres game? There is their track record

Did you change channels at all last night and watch the Sabres game? There is their track record

So you are admitting that you haven't watched any of their junior/ahl/college prospects that are going to be wearing blue and gold within the next couple of years? Because that's the payoff of the rebuild going on over there. The NHL isn't the NFL.

I hate myself for this, but I'm kind of glad we lost in that fashion on national TV last night. We might have squeezed into the playoffs with this coaching crew, but there's no way they would have taken Buffalo to the Super Bowl. I'm ready to watch it all burn down and start again.

My hope is that whatever changes are made....Doug Whaley is retained.

I think that Doug will know who to hire for HC...and that HC will get a veteran OC.....

and I hope Schwartz sticks around to coach this stir and ready great defense

Didn't Whaley have a hand in hiring Marone in the first place? Wasn't he there when marone hired Hackett? .I want to keep Whaley too but he gets no free pass. These guys are making a lot of money to do their job, they have to answer for their actions. I hope Schwartz is retained, but if they hire a new coach it's maybe 50/50 they retain any coaches from the defensive side, but it would be smart to keep them in the same scheme under the same coach.

If I'm Whaley I fire Doug after the season and hire a new coach / new OC and let the new head coach know that Schwartz is his DC.

You're right. I wish Bonjovi & Co. bought the team. They would know what to do.

That's a basic response. I didn't say I wasn't happy they bought them, I'm asking if he will really change things around here and make this a playoff team. Yes he paid a huge amount of money for this team and I'm sure he wants results for the money he has invested, but that don't make him a winning owner.. We will see over the next few years I guess.. It's been going on 15 years since we even smelled the playoffs and there is no excuse for that. Pegula had nothing to do with those 15 years, so lets hope the next 15 years are much better, but time will tell, nothing is guaranteed just because he bought the team instead of Bon Jovi..

So you are admitting that you haven't watched any of their junior/ahl/college prospects that are going to be wearing blue and gold within the next couple of years? Because that's the payoff of the rebuild going on over there. The NHL isn't the NFL.

I hate myself for this, but I'm kind of glad we lost in that fashion on national TV last night. We might have squeezed into the playoffs with this coaching crew, but there's no way they would have taken Buffalo to the Super Bowl. I'm ready to watch it all burn down and start again.

I am sick of that mentality to be honest. I just think it is incredibly stupid to keep burning things to the ground. How well has that been working for this organization over the years? It is stupid.

You replace what needs to be replaced and you fix what needs to be fixed. And you move forward trying to keep the good things that are already in place.

Right now two good things I believe are in place are the GM and the defensive staff. Why throw them out?

The offensive staff is what needs to be fixed the most. So tell Marrone he is bringing in a new offensive coordinator with plenty of NFL experience. If he refuses, then fire him too and bring in a new head coach.

God I hate these coaches. There were people blatantly dissatisfied when we hired Marrone, and more later when he named his OC. Those people, myself included, have been saying all along that we're gong nowhere with these sad sacks. Now here we are. Slightly ahead of schedule.

Time to pop in my favorite movie: Buffalo Bills Rebuild Part IX

My hope is that whatever changes are made....Doug Whaley is retained.

I think that Doug will know who to hire for HC...and that HC will get a veteran OC.....

and I hope Schwartz sticks around to coach this stir and ready great defense

I agree Whaley is a must-keep...along with Schwartz.... I suspect Marrone would even look a whole lot better (magically :) ) with the franchise QB this team needs

I agree Whaley is a must-keep...along with Schwartz.... I suspect Marrone would even look a whole lot better (magically :) ) with the franchise QB this team needs

It's really hard to say. So many skill players have regressed or shown little signs of talent under his staff. I will argue that between CJ, Fred, Dixon, and Brown none have looked good this season and there is one common denominator. I think if you inject the team with Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady they might trend upwards, but ultimately we would fall short when in-game decisions and crucial half-time adjustments are required.