Buffalo Rex

Buffalo Rex  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Res Ryan is fired at the end of the season, should the Bills hire him as Head Coach?

• Absolutely
    • Only if we finish below 8-8
    • Nope

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that Rex Ryan is fired at the end of the season, should the Bills consider him for head coach?

If Schwartz leaves for a HC gig a la Pettine (NY?) then hire Rex as the new DC. Keep St. Doug for continuity but make him hire an experienced OC.

Edited by nonprophet

There is far, far too much we don't know to make any kind of realistic prediction. As pure conjecture, sure, it's fun to play around with possible scenarios.

But...

1] We don't know whether this team finishes below .500, is on the cusp of the playoffs or makes the playoffs, which obviously affects the coach next year the most of any factor.

2] We don't know when, who and how long this consultant will take to evaluate the team for Pegula.

3] We don't know what Pegula really thinks of Brandon, Whaley and Marrone as of now, but all indications say he likes Brandon and Whaley at least already.

4] We don't know what Brandon and Whaley really thinks about Marrone after working with him for two years, which may be completely different than when they hired him. Whaley might be really close with Marrone and think of this as a partnership, he might hate Marrone's guts and think he's blowing this good roster.

I couldn't agree more with all you said! As for Rex and his brother they are not Buddy in is hey day!

Rex will get another HC shot before he has to go back to DC. Brilliant DC…plays for keeps and I love that.

I would disagree. I don't think there is a team besides the Raiders who would hire him right away as a Head Coach. I think he will go back to DC for a year or two or go onto TV for a while so he can hear himself run his big mouth.

i don't think schwartz is getting a head job for awhile. He had great talent in detroit and could never get the job done and have them play consistently. He may get an interview or two but I think people just have Pettine fresh in their minds.

If we just fire hackett and bring in a proven O-Cord I will be more than satisfied. Also a new O-Line coach.

i don't think schwartz is getting a head job for awhile. He had great talent in detroit and could never get the job done and have them play consistently. He may get an interview or two but I think people just have Pettine fresh in their minds.

If we just fire hackett and bring in a proven O-Cord I will be more than satisfied. Also a new O-Line coach.

i agree! :thumbsup:

Non-bad QBs don't grow on trees. Sometimes a coach doesn't have a lot of alternatives, and has to try to make the best of it, with what he has.

That's the exact point. We have a defense that's playing pretty well. We have an inept offense and no QB. How does Rex fix any of the issue the Bills currently have as a HC?

Rex is a cartoon. If you want your team to be in the headlines then hire him. If you want to win games then look elsewhere. I think he would be a good defensive coordinator but I'm happy with Schwartz for as long as we can keep him

The cartoon has had more success against the Pats in six seasons than the Bills have had in 15.

Rex will get another HC shot before he has to go back to DC. Brilliant DC…plays for keeps and I love that.

And his players love him, too.

Edited by stony

Assuming that Rex Ryan is fired at the end of the season, should the Bills consider him for head coach?

Just opened the thread up.

I would at first say it depends on whether Jim Schwartz stays on the staff.

But I would consider him as the first pick as D coordinator if Jim goes . I would consider him not likely as a head coach here though .

Would he take the OC position though ?

Thats one pipe dream right there. I dont care if defense is his leaning !!

Let me say this. I have no problem with him coming over to the Bills .

Doug W

Doug Jim and Rex sound fine to me

hells bells give Rex the team give Marrone the OC.

all depends on how the Bills runthrough the rest of the season of course.

just win baby

Edited by 3rdand12

No. It seems like the best part of the Jets and Ryan's regime left with the departure of Brian Schottenheimer.

As to Jim Schwartz departure for a HC job- a head coach who loses his job and lands as a coordinator usually does not make it back to the head coach position.

Didn't Rex take the Jets to the AFC Championship with dirty Sanchez at QB?

How the hell do you explain that without exceptional coaching?

I see him winning a Superbowl one day.

he just needs a fresh environment to flourish , a new dynamic.

Rex for Bills OC !

Love ya Nate we will find a spot for you.( i am kidding of course about all this. Little Nate is my boy )

signed

R.Brandon

Exactly. Schwartz has improved on this defense over last year. We're on pace to have 56 saks vs. 57 last year, but the positives of how well we play the run, 3rd down defense, towards the top in Int's is impressive. Schwartz has been excellent. I don't want him to go anywhere.

Our frustrations by what I see and read on this board is about the offense. Granted we need Guard talent, but we also need an OC who's seen some pitches. Hackett is over his head.

I have nothing against Rex.