Best heavy metal- Started as a courtesy to Buffalo Barbarian.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing my son to see Slayer, Behemoth and Lamb of God in NYC late July.

This will be our second time seeing Lamb of God (first was when they opened for Slipknot in 2015).

As little as 3 years ago, if someone had told me I would have seen Lamb of God multiple times, I'd tell them they were crazy.

This will be our second time seeing Lamb of God (first was when they opened for Slipknot in 2015).

As little as 3 years ago, if someone had told me I would have seen Lamb of God multiple times, I'd tell them they were crazy.

I'll be at that show. Should be a good one.

I'll be at that show. Should be a good one.

Yeah, man. My son is stoked. This is not my kind of music. At all. But after seeing Lamb of God a couple years ago, I can at least say they've got some talent.

We are in section 303. Would have liked the floor, for my son's sake, but I'm happy to be away from that.

Yeah, man. My son is stoked. This is not my kind of music. At all. But after seeing Lamb of God a couple years ago, I can at least say they've got some talent.

We are in section 303. Would have liked the floor, for my son's sake, but I'm happy to be away from that.

Cool that you're taking your son despite your ambivalence.

I always despised my fathers "thats not music!" comments.

Cool that you're taking your son despite your ambivalence.

I always despised my fathers "thats not music!" comments.

I took him to see White Chapel, Cattle Decapitation and a couple other bands, in NYC last year. We did the pit for that show. I was the oldest; he was the youngest. it was awesome to see him happy but I couldn't wait to get out.

He's a budding musician, so I want to expose him to whatever he thinks he likes. But I also bring him to things I know he will appreciate when he's older. I took him to see Sir Paul McCartney and I took him to see Rush. He loved both concerts and appreciated the talent - although he still doesn't realize how lucky his is to have seen those two shows.

I took him to see White Chapel, Cattle Decapitation and a couple other bands, in NYC last year. We did the pit for that show. I was the oldest; he was the youngest. it was awesome to see him happy but I couldn't wait to get out.

He's a budding musician, so I want to expose him to whatever he thinks he likes. But I also bring him to things I know he will appreciate when he's older. I took him to see Sir Paul McCartney and I took him to see Rush. He loved both concerts and appreciated the talent - although he still doesn't realize how lucky his is to have seen those two shows.

Cattle Decapitation is the name of a band?!?!?!? I'm officially terrified of everyone in this thread.

Cattle Decapitation is the name of a band?!?!?!? I'm officially terrified of everyone in this thread.

They were horrible. Kind of disturbing. I'll say this, though - the people in the crowd were respectful and well-behaved.

Spotify gives me the Sessions for Fun House by The Stooges (1970)

Well ahead of its time and 23 versions of Dirt and Loose are just the tonic for the office on a tick-and-bob audit review day...

Yeah, this might not quite qualify for Heavy Metal, but you had better understand...

Edited by row_33

Accept in September, thinking of Kreator, as coming to Melbourne same time. It's not Udo's U.D.O., though, new album in August, like the speed of the demo's released. Was a Metal Heart, Russian Roulette, Rebel, Balls to the Wall, Restless and Wild etc fan

Went and saw Ice-T last month, open with Reign in Blood. The cop killer schtick is a bit pantomine nowadays. Got a free ticket. Oh, it was at Margaret Court Arena. Margaret Court's a 70 plus minister who in her past, was an elite tennis player, a natural lefty that learnt to play righty. She has very conservative views on gay marriage. It was the fist metal concert that i'd been too that the warm up bands we're bagging her christian views on gay marriage. It was kind of weird, being at a Metal Concert, allegedly and having a political message on marriage...

• 2 months later...

I was gonna say, you never struck me as a Lamb of God fan.