I am hearing a lot of talk about taking a QB in the 2nd next year....d

You can debate whether or not EJ Manuel was reach at the postiion from now till the end of time......my opinion is that he was thrust in too early and might not be unsalvagable.......

BUT....I think it is worth noting that a lot of the same posters who are denouncing the EJ Manuel pick are ALSO saying we should take a QB in the 2nd round of next year.......simply because we need one to groom

Isnt that in effect doing the exact same thing? Reaching because of need?

I personally hope that we do NOT reach for a QB in the 2nd round of next year simply because we have a above average backup QB starting for our team right now........

The 2nd and 3rd round of next year would be great spots to find a quality TE and OG.......positions that are greatly needed on this team. Unless Pegula (and maybe he will?) opens up the wallet for vets at those positions then maybe we can go LB or whatever

I am NOT saying dont draft a QB.....what I am saying is I find it amazing how people talk about they hate the EJ Manuel pick and then the next breath talk about taking a 2nd round QB to be "the guy"

You can debate whether or not EJ Manuel was reach at the postiion from now till the end of time......my opinion is that he was thrust in too early and might not be unsalvagable.......

BUT....I think it is worth noting that a lot of the same posters who are denouncing the EJ Manuel pick are ALSO saying we should take a QB in the 2nd round of next year.......simply because we need one to groom

Isnt that in effect doing the exact same thing? Reaching because of need?

I personally hope that we do NOT reach for a QB in the 2nd round of next year simply because we have a above average backup QB starting for our team right now........

The 2nd and 3rd round of next year would be great spots to find a quality TE and OG.......positions that are greatly needed on this team. Unless Pegula (and maybe he will?) opens up the wallet for vets at those positions then maybe we can go LB or whatever

I am NOT saying dont draft a QB.....what I am saying is I find it amazing how people talk about they hate the EJ Manuel pick and then the next breath talk about taking a 2nd round QB to be "the guy"

o Who is debating this anymore? Not only a reach, but a bad QB selection in any higher rounds IMO.

o He was benched 4 games into his 2nd year. How is this thrust in too soon? :huh: Look around the league. He was given every possible chance,

handed the job, and never progressed.

Regardless of where he is drafted, QB should be a top priority for this team going forward.

+ 1

Q: How could the NOT have this as a top priority? A la Buddy Nix. Brutal Novice decisions IMO.

Call me crazy but there are three options that don't involve the draft.

1: Orton

2: Hoyer

3: Manziel

Cleveland doesn't have to make a move at QB after the season but they might. If I were Cleveland id franchise Hoyer and see if he can string 2 productive seasons in a row (assuming the rest of his year goes well) and if year 2 for Hoyer goes well I'd trade Johnny. But they may be willing to move one of them or not even resign Hoyer for that matter.

But let's not throw away Orton who's a damn good QB. Orton is a guy that every front office likes but he's not exactly what they want because he doesn't have that cannon deep arm...whatever, he's efficient and will play solid football. His games a lot different than Jeff Garcias but he's like him in that you can win/build around him but nobody has because they always move on to a guy who they think can be the next Manning/elite guy... But he's fine.

Bottom line: learn from EJ. A prospect might look the way you want and throw the way you want when he's in shorts but turn on the game tape. EJ was NEVER good. Ever. We. Must. Not. Reach. Again. If there's not a QB in the 2nd next year let's not take one. We're fine with Orton. And for the love of God let's not reach again. EJ was a reach.

The longer the Bills go with no legitimate QB prospect the further away a championship will be. So the Bills don't have to take a QB in next year's draft if they're ok waiting a few more years to be a contender. Personally, I'd be taking a QB every single year until I found one that was good. It doesn't have to be in round 2, but the longer you wait the longer the odds of finding someone.

A reach is simply drafting a player ahead of where their talent dictates they should go. There are usually prospects at QB that are second rounders due to this. That the Bills may draft a QB in the 2nd round does not inherently make it a reach, as you imply. EJ was thought to be a mid round type talent bymost draftniks. He was a classic reach. Most years there are QBs available whose talent, development, or even injury status dictates they are 2nd round or lower type selections. It's the elite prospects that are not always found in each draft, and that was the case with EJ. It doesn't mean he will never amount to a good NFL starter, just that his flaws make it a lot less likely.

Admittedly I haven't been around the board much but I haven't seen any of that. What I've seen are threads discussing what QB could be available in the second. Anyone who says the team must draft a QB in the second should think before typing. Lots of games to play yet and a full off season to boot.

I'm not sure about that, but it is most definitely the biggest game of the Pegula Epoch.

What game has been bigger? The Week 17 game vs Pitt? Lawyer Milloy game? Week 2 vs Phins?

All big games but not like this. This game has so much going on and not only can Bills take control of AFC East they can knock Pats back to earth.