What do you expect this Sunday?

mrags

I bring this topic up becaise a friend from work brought up a very good possibility to me tonight. He asked first what I expected out of the introduction and special festivities before the game and then what I thought about how the stadium would be on Sunday during the game.

The possibility that he brought up (It would be amazing if it truly happened) was what if Ralph had some video made prior to his death for the fans to be shown at the inaugural game for the new owner. Nothing to take away from the highlights from Terry and Kim. But a thank you to all the fans of Western NY for supporting our team over his life.

I don't know if I could even handle this of it happened. I would absolutely lose my mind. Tears wouldn't be dripping down my cheeks. I would be filling 5 gallon buckets every minute.

I just want to say that this team. This town. The fans. Ralph. Terry and Kim. And all of you mean so much to me. This team and everything that comes with it is not just a part of my life. My life doesn't exactly revolve around it like the Earth does the Sun. But boy is it a huge part. With the exception of my family, and my closest friends, this team is the most important thing in my life. And that includes all of you. Regardless if I'm arguing with you all over how good or bad a player is, or handing out hugs at the ever impressive TBD Annual Tailgate. You all mean so much to me. My life would be so different without this site.

I just know those that are there this Sunday will experience most likely the greatest, most emotional, and absolutely amazing day ever inside Ralph Wilson Stadium.

This Sunday, Let's make sure Ralph knows that we love him and miss him. Let him know how much he has meant to Buffalo and is fans. BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE THE BEST FANS IN THE LEAGUE. LETS SHOW THE REST OF THE NFL WHAT THE 12th MAN REALLY IS.

GO BILLS!!!

Great post Mr. Rags.

While people like to think of things as black and white, or A or B, I always look at the world and pretty much everything as a confluence of events and factors. And there is no reason why this week can't be both a tribute and remembrance of Ralph as well as the passing of the torch to Terry and Kim. It can be both. I bet Terry would like that.

As far as the game goes, what I expect this weekend is for three and a half quarters to be a lot like several of the last home Bills Patriots games where the Bills actually played pretty good, or even outplayed the Pats for most of the game, and then in the fourth quarter either we blew it or they just outplayed us and won.

This year, I expect the first 4/5 to happen. We will see what happens in the last 1/5 to see if we are indeed different or the Pats are still a better team.

I bring this topic up becaise a friend from work brought up a very good possibility to me tonight. He asked first what I expected out of the introduction and special festivities before the game and then what I thought about how the stadium would be on Sunday during the game.

The possibility that he brought up (It would be amazing if it truly happened) was what if Ralph had some video made prior to his death for the fans to be shown at the inaugural game for the new owner. Nothing to take away from the highlights from Terry and Kim. But a thank you to all the fans of Western NY for supporting our team over his life.

I don't know if I could even handle this of it happened. I would absolutely lose my mind. Tears wouldn't be dripping down my cheeks. I would be filling 5 gallon buckets every minute.

I just want to say that this team. This town. The fans. Ralph. Terry and Kim. And all of you mean so much to me. This team and everything that comes with it is not just a part of my life. My life doesn't exactly revolve around it like the Earth does the Sun. But boy is it a huge part. With the exception of my family, and my closest friends, this team is the most important thing in my life. And that includes all of you. Regardless if I'm arguing with you all over how good or bad a player is, or handing out hugs at the ever impressive TBD Annual Tailgate. You all mean so much to me. My life would be so different without this site.

I just know those that are there this Sunday will experience most likely the greatest, most emotional, and absolutely amazing day ever inside Ralph Wilson Stadium.

This Sunday, Let's make sure Ralph knows that we love him and miss him. Let him know how much he has meant to Buffalo and is fans. BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE THE BEST FANS IN THE LEAGUE. LETS SHOW THE REST OF THE NFL WHAT THE 12th MAN REALLY IS.

GO BILLS!!!

great post! (as if i needed something else to pump up about lol) .. i agree about tomorrow and i do not think the fans at the ralph will disappoint us..

I expect:

1) RWS to be so loud and frenzied that it will impair the Cheatriot's ability to run a fast tempo offense.

2) Bills' DL to dominate this game.

3) Bills to feed off the electricity of the crowd to play with unmatched passion so that the stinkin' Patsies know their reign of AFC East dominance is over.

4) New Day......New Way! Go Bills!!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I will echo everyone that this is a great post. This team, town and fans have been through a lot. The Bills have had their failings that have kept them out of the playoffs but they have gotten very close, and the reason they couldn't break through is because of Tom effing Brady, bellicheat and the Pats*. Time to reverse that. No time like this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I expect the Bills beat the Patriots. Not because of all the excitement or enthusiasm with the owner change, but simply because for the first time in a very long time, we simply have more talent top to bottom on our roster than they do.

I believe the noise and emotions at the Ralph will be at an all time high. I don't know how long that feeling will last.

The Bills offense is a complete mystery to me at this point, so I will put my faith in the Bills defense.

However, I am completely terrified of the Pats tight ends. The Bills don't believe the tight end position exists as an offensive weapon, and they may not understand how to defend against them. I believe the game will hinge on how well the Bills handle the tight ends and the short passing game. I believe the Bills have a good run defense and an adequate defense for covering wide receivers, but I have no idea how the Bills will respond to the tight ends, and I won't try to predict how it will turn out.

I believe the noise and emotions at the Ralph will be at an all time high. I don't know how long that feeling will last.

The Bills offense is a complete mystery to me at this point, so I will put my faith in the Bills defense.

However, I am completely terrified of the Pats tight ends. The Bills don't believe the tight end position exists as an offensive weapon, and they may not understand how to defend against them. I believe the game will hinge on how well the Bills handle the tight ends and the short passing game. I believe the Bills have a good run defense and an adequate defense for covering wide receivers, but I have no idea how the Bills will respond to the tight ends, and I won't try to predict how it will turn out.

Really? Cause TE's have averaged 5 receptions and 45 yards a game versus us this year...and we played some good ones