They are a sad bunch over there in Houston

HamSandwhich

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like that the "when will we see mallett?" thread is a week old and 6 pages long. things are tough all over.

Yeah, takes a little pressure off of the "When will we see what Savage can do?" thread - lol.

Honestly, I've enjoyed watching Fitz play, he can actually scramble and make something of nothing with his feet. We haven't had that in a QB. Someone made a joke about Fitz actually being Schaub hiding behind the beard and I replied, no, can't be, he can actually run. And then after I get happy about the mobility of Fitz, he does something that makes me crazy. :doh:

Excited to see if Andre Johnson can make history on Sunday.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/09/andre-johnson-nears-another-receiving-milestone/#26995101=0

Receiver Andre Johnson has a chance to make history against Buffalo on Sunday.

If Johnson catches seven passes, he’ll tie Marvin Harrison as the fastest receivers in history to reach 950 catches.

Harrison did it in 158 games, and Johnson can match him.

“You have to keep everything in perspective, and right now, everybody’s focused on winning because that’s the important thing,” Johnson said on Thursday. “If I was able to do that, it would be humbling and a tremendous honor.”

He deserves it. He has made an incredible career as a receiver with some of the worst QB's throughout his career. It would have been nice to see what he could have done with a good QB. AJ is a pro, and an extremely humble man. He has been a great mentor for the incredibly talented DeAndre Hopkins.

But aren't we suppose to trade for cousins? I swear there was a thread about it.

I'm sure there is, and for Eli...Mallet...Skelton...Tebow...etc etc etc....

Yeah, takes a little pressure off of the "When will we see what Savage can do?" thread - lol.

Honestly, I've enjoyed watching Fitz play, he can actually scramble and make something of nothing with his feet. We haven't had that in a QB. Someone made a joke about Fitz actually being Schaub hiding behind the beard and I replied, no, can't be, he can actually run. And then after I get happy about the mobility of Fitz, he does something that makes me crazy. :doh:

Excited to see if Andre Johnson can make history on Sunday.

http://blog.chron.co...one/#26995101=0

Receiver Andre Johnson has a chance to make history against Buffalo on Sunday.

If Johnson catches seven passes, he’ll tie Marvin Harrison as the fastest receivers in history to reach 950 catches.

Harrison did it in 158 games, and Johnson can match him.

“You have to keep everything in perspective, and right now, everybody’s focused on winning because that’s the important thing,” Johnson said on Thursday. “If I was able to do that, it would be humbling and a tremendous honor.”

He deserves it. He has made an incredible career as a receiver with some of the worst QB's throughout his career. It would have been nice to see what he could have done with a good QB. AJ is a pro, and an extremely humble man. He has been a great mentor for the incredibly talented DeAndre Hopkins.

I hope he can't play Sunday :w00t:

Fitz is exactly that, he'll make plays then he'll throw the interception to lose the game. Believe us Bills fans when we say, we know Fitz.

The tight spiral on those passes he threw to the NYG secondary were nothing I have ever seen from EJ.

And they were accurate. The receivers just ran the wrong route or not fast enough.

ESPN had fun at Eli's expense even though he won the game. Two comments I heard this morning were:

Cousins managed to hit more defenders than Eli normally hits receivers.

And after Cousins' 4th INT Eli said to himself, this guy throws a lot of interceptions.

I don't think anyone thinks he's proven anything yet. He's had good games, he's had bad games, but he's shown some flashes. Its going to take more time than you're giving him FireChan! He could turn out to be a bust, but I'll give him at least the rest of the year if not more.

I don't think anyone thinks he's proven anything yet. He's had good games, he's had bad games, but he's shown some flashes. Its going to take more time than you're giving him FireChan! He could turn out to be a bust, but I'll give him at least the rest of the year if not more.

I'm a "don't throw stones from glass houses" kinda guy. That's all.