They are a sad bunch over there in Houston

HamSandwhich

What concerns me is Fitz had a crappy game last week it sounds like. He would sometimes follow up a real stinker game with a solid performance the next week. JJ will be looking to put pressure on EJ after he watches the tape from the SD game and saw how EJ can be rattled.

This game could go any which way. Bills big, Texans big and something in between. I would not touch this game with your money.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nervous about this game, the more so because it is so important (to both teams).

EJ seems to struggle against 3/4 Ds. Can't read the linebackers.

Though Texan's run D has been porous, they have so far also had to defend the pass too.

Facing EJ will be different, and easier, than facing RG3/Cousins, Eli or even Carr.

As someone said earlier, just follow the Chargers blueprint.

Take away EJs first read.and let the fun begin.

If you are not a threat to throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield, your run game will struggle.

I'm nervous about this game, the more so because it is so important (to both teams).

EJ seems to struggle against 3/4 Ds. Can't read the linebackers.

Though Texan's run D has been porous, they have so far also had to defend the pass too.

Facing EJ will be different, and easier, than facing RG3/Cousins, Eli or even Carr.

As someone said earlier, just follow the Chargers blueprint.

Take away EJs first read.and let the fun begin.

If you are not a threat to throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield, your run game will struggle.

The Chargers "blueprint" wasn't much different than Miami's defensive scheme. The difference was EJ hit the open receivers more times than not against Miami. I don't think SD did anything special against the Bills, there were open receivers, EJ just had a miserable game. The Bills need to get the run game clicking as well in order to beat houston. Get the run game going, EJ bounces back with a 60% completions, 230 yards, 1 TD, 0 int game along with a solid D/ST performance and the Bills win...

Edited by ricojes

For the sake of Karma, can we delete this thread?

I don't get it, the thread was not intended to talk about how the Texans suck, just to say that I won't be picking on the Texans fans on their board because they're just as sad as we've been over the years. How is that anything to do with Karma?

This guy is especially down on the Texans. I dont think any Bills fans are saying we're going to get a spanking like this from the Texans.

"Can't believe the season is over after game 3, Because we all know this team has no chance of improving.

Bill: 60 Watkins 300yds, 5 TD.

Texans: 3 Mallet gets in late and makes a late FG drive.

I think there maybe a little over reaction, after our first lose."

Gailey did no better with his prodigal son at QB than Hackett did with a rotation of 2 rookies and a guy who is out of the league now

I posted the stats in the "give Chan a call" thread but the cliff note version is this: with Chan we got .3PPG and .5 turnovers more. Other than that the stats are almost identical.

yiu got that right WEO. People are ridiculous at times. Don't get too worked up tho. Because as soon as you really start digging in about how mediocre Chan was, you'll start hearing from all the people about how amazing he was at getting CJ into space. Ya know, because CJ had his only good season out of his below average career under Chan.

CJ had one of the highest ypc averages in nfl history 2 years ago. He and AP stood alone that season. and Chan WAS really good at getting Spiller in space. its not even up for debate, the bills screen plays were deadly under Chan. every game its all the announcers and opponents talked about.

CJ had one of the highest ypc averages in nfl history 2 years ago. He and AP stood alone that season. and Chan WAS really good at getting Spiller in space. its not even up for debate, the bills screen plays were deadly under Chan. every game its all the announcers and opponents talked about.

Agreed, but lets get back on topic. They're a sad bunch over there arent they?

Hello from Houston! This thread had me very entertained!

We do have our share of Chicken Little's around here. To be fair, I think it is more prevalent now due to the complete disaster that we all experienced last year. Two years ago, things were looking up, started out last year 2-0 and then spiraled out of control to a deep, deep abyss. Now we have a completely new coaching staff, quite a few changes on our roster and honestly, I have no clue what kind of team we have. I'm just watching it all develop.

We have some amazing talent, Coaching staff seems vastly improved, I think we just need time to gel. There was a lot of overreaction after last week's loss, but I was glad to see the Giants come out and kick butt last night. Maybe they are better than everyone thought and we don't suck quite as bad - lol.

I really don't know much about Buffalo, so came over to do a little research. As with all of our games so far this year, I think it is anyone's game. The winner will be the team that comes out and wants it more, has a great game plan and executes well.

Fitz fits in with our team. Most of our players are of good character and leaders on and off the field. Now, let's just hope the O line keeps him clean so he has time to only make good decisions!

As for Texans Forums, I prefer Texans Talk. Lots of good people who actually discuss football. Of course, there are a few idiots also.. Come by and say hello.

Good luck to you all and here's to a safe, clean game!

MK

Hello from Houston! This thread had me very entertained!

We do have our share of Chicken Little's around here. To be fair, I think it is more prevalent now due to the complete disaster that we all experienced last year. Two years ago, things were looking up, started out last year 2-0 and then spiraled out of control to a deep, deep abyss. Now we have a completely new coaching staff, quite a few changes on our roster and honestly, I have no clue what kind of team we have. I'm just watching it all develop.

We have some amazing talent, Coaching staff seems vastly improved, I think we just need time to gel. There was a lot of overreaction after last week's loss, but I was glad to see the Giants come out and kick butt last night. Maybe they are better than everyone thought and we don't suck quite as bad - lol.

I really don't know much about Buffalo, so came over to do a little research. As with all of our games so far this year, I think it is anyone's game. The winner will be the team that comes out and wants it more, has a great game plan and executes well.

Fitz fits in with our team. Most of our players are of good character and leaders on and off the field. Now, let's just hope the O line keeps him clean so he has time to only make good decisions!

As for Texans Forums, I prefer Texans Talk. Lots of good people who actually discuss football. Of course, there are a few idiots also.. Come by and say hello.

Good luck to you all and here's to a safe, clean game!

MK

Welcome to the board.

I dont think anyone here is going to hope that your O line keeps Fitz clean. In fact, I think that's our biggest strength, out Dline vs your O line. Having had Fitz here for several years, we have the book on how to defend him and the Bills will likely employ an aggressive gameplan with pressure up the middle with our all world D line. If we can get consistent pressure up the middle and in Fitz's face, its going to be a long game for the Texans. So here's hoping our D line brings it on Sunday! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board.

I dont think anyone here is going to hope that your O line keeps Fitz clean. In fact, I think that's our biggest strength, out Dline vs your O line. Having had Fitz here for several years, we have the book on how to defend him and the Bills will likely employ an aggressive gameplan with pressure up the middle with our all world D line. If we can get consistent pressure up the middle and in Fitz's face, its going to be a long game for the Texans. So here's hoping our D line brings it on Sunday! :thumbsup:

Ok, well then, if you are sure your D line is going to bring it, we will just have to hope that Arian Foster is able to play. He has a way of getting yardage against tough D and getting them off balance opening up a little time for the Fitz to get the ball to Andre or Hopkins. Damn, with our WR's I wish we had a good QB. It would be so much fun. :D

It will be an interesting game, no doubt about it. Could go either way, a blow out on either side or a tough, hard fought close game. I really have no idea how this one will go. It seems our run D is our biggest weakness? What about the Bills?

MK

Edited by TexansFan5627

Ok, well then, if you are sure your D line is going to bring it, we will just have to hope that Arian Foster is able to play. He has a way of getting yardage against tough D and getting them off balance opening up a little time for the Fitz to get the ball to Andre or Hopkins. Damn, with our WR's I wish we had a good QB. It would be so much fun. :D

It will be an interesting game, no doubt about it. Could go either way, a blow out on either side or a tough, hard fought close game. I really have no idea how this one will go. It seems our run D is our biggest weakness? What about the Bills?

MK

Our rushing attack is our strength. Bills fans are salivating over the prospect of a big game for FJ and CJ. However, our Oline has been suspect this year and I would say that would be our biggest weakness. However, I think they're talented and hope they can get it together. Our run D has been absolutely a beast this year. I believe we're letting up in the low 3's for YPC. Foster will make it harder on us but if there is no Foster, I think it's going to be tough for the Texans to garner any offense. Our secondary is very talented but had underwhelmed last game. Graham is playing at a pro bowl level but has been seen as the 3rd CB last game. Hopefully that changes this game.