Where did this DT Cohen come from

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Jauronimo : (14 August 2014 - 06:06 PM) The red sequined menace (referring to the gay ASU football player.)

I take it that's not meant as an offensive jab, either?

Stay classy.

Correct. That was said in jest. Go dig up my comments in the Michael Sam thread for more context.

Out of curiosity, what does that have to do with anything here, Malooga?

That much is evident.

Seriously? wtf are you talking about? I have no doubt you hold the belief that some people think "the whims of emotion are enough to justify any and all behavior", but where on earth was anyone but you saying that in this thread? (And if it's there, go see if they want to argue with you.)

So, I answered your questions in two long posts. What do you think about the content? Or were you really just pretending to wonder why people didn't like Big Cat's first post or thought your questions were inappropriate?

Edited by Matt in KC

Seriously? wtf are you talking about? I have no doubt you hold the belief that some people think "the whims of emotion are enough to justify any and all behavior", but where on earth was anyone but you saying that in this thread? (And if it's there, go see if they want to argue with you.)

So, I answered your questions in two long posts. What do you think about the content? Or were you really just pretending to wonder why people didn't like Big Cat's first post or thought your questions were inappropriate?

Welcome to my world Matt, lol.

Correct. That was said in jest. Go dig up my comments in the Michael Sam thread for more context.

Out of curiosity, what does that have to do with anything here, Malooga?

You were trying to argue that what was said about Robin Williams was not "offensive," or, "in poor taste."

Then you posted that (or "shouted" it)...and I was just curious?

It has to do with this thread, because "offensive" comments were being discussed...and you made another one.

We live in a world today where people are very different from one another...but why does that make it okay for someone to insult that person and the kind of life they live? I just don't understand it, at all. It blows my mind.

To think you have to insult a football player because he finally finds it within himself to live HIS life for HIM?

Or, to insult my football intelligence because of the type of music I listen to...like yesterday?

It's mind blowing man...I just cannot grasp it, and for that...I guess I am sorry?

Or, maybe I am just different...I have many gay friends, I love them like they are my brothers. I have also battled addiction and depression for a very long time, at least a decade...and as far as I have come, and although I would never take my own life, I hope to God that if I passed, you wouldn't be on here cracking jokes about my death.

It's hard to open up like this, because I KNOW I WILL be judged...but if I didn't stand up for this, who am I?

(I'm not who I want to be and I am no kind of "man" if I don't stand up for what I believe in.)

*** I am not trying to start an argument again, I am just trying to understand this a little better. ***

I thought the content was so sufficiently poor, inconsistent and void of comprehension that it merited only the most dismissive of responses.

You were trying to argue that what was said about Robin Williams was not "offensive," or, "in poor taste."

Then you posted that (or "shouted" it)...and I was just curious?

It has to do with this thread, because "offensive" comments were being discussed...and you made another one.

We live in a world today where people are very different from one another...but why does that make it okay for someone to insult that person and the kind of life they live? I just don't understand it, at all. It blows my mind.

To think you have to insult a football player because he finally finds it within himself to live HIS life for HIM?

Or, to insult my football intelligence because of the type of music I listen to...like yesterday?

It's mind blowing man...I just cannot grasp it, and for that...I guess I am sorry?

Or, maybe I am just different...I have many gay friends, I love them like they are my brothers. I have also battled addiction and depression for a very long time, at least a decade...and as far as I have come, and although I would never take my own life, I hope to God that if I passed, you wouldn't be on here cracking jokes about my death.

It's hard to open up like this, because I KNOW I WILL be judged...but if I didn't stand up for this, who am I?

(I'm not who I want to be and I am no kind of "man" if I don't stand up for what I believe in.)

*** I am not trying to start an argument again, I am just trying to understand this a little better. ***

I didn't insult the way Safarin lives. I didn't make light of an actor's passing. This is a misguided stand to take.

Taking your beef with me from yesterday and interjecting it in this thread while misrepresenting shoutbox conversations is pretty poor form.

Yesterday's quip about Foster the People was also a joke, by the way. Lighten up.

Edited by Jauronimo

I thought the content was so sufficiently poor, inconsistent and void of comprehension that it merited only the most dismissive of responses.

I didn't insult the way Safarin lives. I didn't make light of an actor's passing. This is a misguided stand to take.

Taking your beef with me from yesterday and interjecting it in this thread while misrepresenting shoutbox conversations is pretty poor form.

Yesterday's quip about Foster the People was also a joke, by the way. Lighten up.

"Sequined Menace?" What else could that POSSIBLY mean...and/or how is that "misrepresented," as it is presented here EXACTLY how you put it. It's pretty clear. Especially after posting the article about the kid and his decision.

An offensive remark, is an offensive remark...whether it's in this thread or in the shoutbox.

"Misguided?" My feelings towards these things are not misled...they are 100% spot-on.

I have no beef with YOU, I have beef with the things you say...the Serafin comment is judgmental, in every way possible.

But, it's clear you are the type that can never be wrong...so I will give it up here.

Everyone have a good evening...Go Bills!

PS. Lighten up? About insulting addicts, people who suffer from depression, and/or gay people? I'm sorry, I can't.

EDIT: I know we are all capable of better conversation than this...let's get back to that and keep the insults to ourselves.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Well screw you too. I'm sorry I actually tried to engage you, really. Do us all a favor and start your next diatribe on the sensitivities and all that is wrong in America in PPP or the Off the Wall forums next time, especially if you don't really want to talk about it.

Everyone should always be the bigger person and let silly tiffs go. And even some more serious disagreements in life .

I dont always succeed . But i sure try . consider this an opportunty

It makes me sad to think that this Training Camp fight broke out on the day Leonard Cohen died. :cry:

What ! No no no not Leonard ! I knew him well . Oh rue the day....

Some of us are annoyed by the faux outrage put on display constantly by the "look at me" crowd any time they can exploit something mildly off color (or offensive to the easily offended) to showcase their moral superiority.

And it runs deeper than a post, or a thread, or even this board. It's an unfortunate, and quite frankly embarrassing, phenomenon that permeates the culture, like emo and hipsters.

The only thing I find interesting about your participation in this thread is that you admittedly have no problem with an aggressive overreaction to an innocuous comment, but for some reason your offended that others were curious why the aggressive party was offended and had the audacity to ask him why he thought it was offensive. That is your position, isn't it?

Edited by Rob's House

Some of us are annoyed by the faux outrage put on display constantly by the "look at me" crowd any time they can exploit something mildly off color (or offensive to the easily offended) to showcase their moral superiority.

And it runs deeper than a post, or a thread, or even this board. It's an unfortunate, and quite frankly embarrassing, phenomenon that permeates the culture, like emo and hipsters.

The only thing I find interesting about your participation in this thread is that you admittedly have no problem with an aggressive overreaction to an innocuous comment, but for some reason your offended that others were curious why the aggressive party was offended and had the audacity to ask him why he thought it was offensive. That is your position, isn't it?

Thanks for the response. I expected similar engagement by Jauronimo.

It has been a very long, draining week, and I'm a bit raw. I'm too weary to go into it deeply here and now. Another day I might very much enjoy diving into that with you in another thread.

I don't understand how you can characterize xsoldier54's post as an aggressive over-reaction: "Absolutely too soon and in very poor taste. A man has died and a whole lot of people who loved him are grieving."

In my mind it's simple: if someone tells you that you are being an ass and disturbing someone who's grieving, you shut up or go somewhere more appropriate to carry on. I saw Jauronimo persistently pushing xsoldier54 and John from Hemet for a full analysis of what was said, why this isn't the time or place, and that's what pissed me off enough to post. Well, that and I came to the board not feeling well, wanting my favorite drug (Bills news/discussion) and coming away feeling worse than I started. I went from being in a bad mood to being a really bad mood.

I would have no issue at all with the jokes and discussion in a Robin Williams thread or if was a brief aside from the discussion. Humor sometimes fails. For me, the Ork comment was out-of-place but whatever, not really offensive.

Rob gets it. Its OK to lash out as long as your reasons are purely emotional. Emotional responses need no explanation according to Matt. You get a pass for bad behavior thats emotionally driven. But asking why someone is beating the drum of public shame is beyond the pale because thats clearly from the head and not from the heart.

Thus my take away was "the whims of emotion are enough to justify any and all behavior".

Its kind of like not wanting to engage in an argument, yet singling someone out and then actively pursuing an argument. Its a thought process that may require closer examination.

Edited by Jauronimo

First off, it was not an "innocuous comment". The person who posted it and I have discussed it and he understands why his comment was in poor taste. Secondly there was no "aggressive overreaction". And thirdly, there was no "faux outrage", at least not on my part. I stated my opinion, which as far as I know is still allowed in this country and I was attacked for it. People can have their own opinions about pretty much everything, but the reason I kept responding is that I felt I was being talked down to by someone who felt somehow superior to me. Your post wreaks of the same mentality.