GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t remember the last time Hartline wanted a WR and didn’t get him. He’s turning away really good ones at this point. Then you see his IG and he’s casually zooming down a lake on water skis. He’s not stressed much these days. 

He's living his best life and knows it.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t believe this … i mean I CAN, but… holy ***** 

My takeaways: 
This is a pretty good deal however it works out. 

Scenario 1: Stroud is the QB this and next year and then Ewers and McCord go full throttle competing against each other the offseason after. 

Scenario 2: Ewers wins the job after this season and he and Henderson dominate CFB for 2 seasons and Ewers gets to play with JSN for a season too (and PJ at LT). 

Scenario 3: Ewers is SO good he wins the job THIS year ala Trevor Lawrence and is the premier QB in CFB for three straight seasons. 

Scenario 4: Stroud keeps the job the next 2 seasons and Ewers gets impatient and transfers and then McCord just takes over after Stroud and OSU is still awesome. 

(Btw if this DOES happen it frees up Day to go big game hunting in QB recruiting for 2022 and 2023. Is he gonna be savage and go after Drew Allar?)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:48 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t believe this … i mean I CAN, but… holy ***** 

My takeaways: 
This is a pretty good deal however it works out. 

Scenario 1: Stroud is the QB this and next year and then Ewers and McCord go full throttle competing against each other the offseason after. 

Scenario 2: Ewers wins the job after this season and he and Henderson dominate CFB for 2 seasons and Ewers gets to play with JSN for a season too (and PJ at LT). 

Scenario 3: Ewers is SO good he wins the job THIS year ala Trevor Lawrence and is the premier QB in CFB for three straight seasons. 

Scenario 4: Stroud keeps the job the next 2 seasons and Ewers gets impatient and transfers and then McCord just takes over after Stroud and OSU is still awesome. 

(Btw if this DOES happen it frees up Day to go big game hunting in QB recruiting for 2022 and 2023. Is he gonna be savage and go after Drew Allar?)

Even restructured he is the number one player in the class of 21

He's going to be starting sooner than later for Ryan Day.. those other quarterbacks will be transferring

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Even restructured he is the number one player in the class of 21

He's going to be starting sooner than later for Ryan Day.. those other quarterbacks will be transferring

That seems to be the sentiment. I think Jack Miller was transferring no matter what.

now we see which one of Stroud or McCord stays. And who they can pull into the 2022 class 👀

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That seems to be the sentiment. I think Jack Miller was transferring no matter what.

now we see which one of Stroud or McCord stays. And who they can pull into the 2022 class 👀

My guess is that is Stroud stays put for this year (assuming he's the starter) because it is unlikely that Ewers can arrive on campus in August and be ready to play right away with no spring and a very limited summer.  So I'm looking for him to be listed third on the depth chart in Week 1 (agree that Miller appears to be the odd man out here). For garbage time game snaps though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them split between McCord and Ewers right away. Hopefully this is managed better than QBmageddon in 2015.

I heard an interesting comment this morning about his NIL and draft opportunities.  Apparently students have to complete one college semester before they can start entering into NIL deals.  By coming to school now and attending classes this fall, he can speed up the clock and start earning money January 1, which is just five months from now.  It also puts him a year closer to the NFL.  The kid is chasing that bag! 

19 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

My guess is that is Stroud stays put for this year (assuming he's the starter) because it is unlikely that Ewers can arrive on campus in August and be ready to play right away with no spring and a very limited summer.  So I'm looking for him to be listed third on the depth chart in Week 1 (agree that Miller appears to be the odd man out here). For garbage time game snaps though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them split between McCord and Ewers right away. Hopefully this is managed better than QBmageddon in 2015.

I heard an interesting comment this morning about his NIL and draft opportunities.  Apparently students have to complete one college semester before they can start entering into NIL deals.  By coming to school now and attending classes this fall, he can speed up the clock and start earning money January 1, which is just five months from now.  It also puts him a year closer to the NFL.  The kid is chasing that bag! 

I trust Day to handle this correctly. I don’t think he prefers that he’s already here but at the same time it takes the stress of him flipping back to Texas off the table. And if he didn’t accommodate this, someone else would have (Sark)

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I trust Day to handle this correctly. I don’t think he prefers that he’s already here but at the same time it takes the stress of him flipping back to Texas off the table. And if he didn’t accommodate this, someone else would have (Sark)

Oh, 100%. Not ideal but you can't say no to him.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to see TreVeyon Henderson take the field on Thursday at 8:00pm. All kinds of people are getting together to watch the game here in his hometown and see what he does on the field. It's a pretty cool and exciting moment. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Can't wait to see TreVeyon Henderson take the field on Thursday at 8:00pm. All kinds of people are getting together to watch the game here in his hometown and see what he does on the field. It's a pretty cool and exciting moment. :thumbsup:

I can’t wait either! That is so cool.

• Like (+1) 1