GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

how so, I thought people were happy with him?

Can’t lose two home games in the division. As bad as Osu’s loss was, and quite frankly I’m pretty sure it won’t be the only one this season, but at least it was in the West division on the road. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I think he's a good recruiter, but a lousy game day coach.

That’s the way I see it. He has done a remarkable job building that program back up, but he’s also taken absolutely horrible home losses during a time when the team appeared poised to take the next step. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Ttun falls at Columbus 

THe entire game is broken and they are still a top team 

It’s possible they win that game, but I have little faith it happens without some major changes on both sides of the ball. Going to be very interesting to see what happens at tOSU

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s possible they win that game, but I have little faith it happens without some major changes on both sides of the ball. Going to be very interesting to see what happens at tOSU

Almost every team plays horrible once a year 

49 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Almost every team plays horrible once a year 

Maybe, but their issues have been there since week 1. Penalties, inability to run, poor OL play, unbalanced offense, giving up big plays on D, terrible back 7 awareness, etc. The loss of Bosa hurt a lot but it should never be that big of a difference given the depth they should have with their recruiting success. I place the loss squarely on coaching, and the blowout I place on lack of effort on D at the end. Lots of blame to go around, very little time to fix things in 2 weeks they said they were going to fix 2 months ago. 

Urban has assistants that were hired because they are his friends. They need to go. Schiano, studwara, Davis are 3 the main culprits. The issue is that I think urban is toast. He lacks the fire he had when he first got here. He looks tired, sick and disengaged. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe, but their issues have been there since week 1. Penalties, inability to run, poor OL play, unbalanced offense, giving up big plays on D, terrible back 7 awareness, etc. The loss of Bosa hurt a lot but it should never be that big of a difference given the depth they should have with their recruiting success. I place the loss squarely on coaching, and the blowout I place on lack of effort on D at the end. Lots of blame to go around, very little time to fix things in 2 weeks they said they were going to fix 2 months ago. 

Urban has assistants that were hired because they are his friends. They need to go. Schiano, studwara, Davis are 3 the main culprits. The issue is that I think urban is toast. He lacks the fire he had when he first got here. He looks tired, sick and disengaged. 

They still are the favourite to win the Big Ten

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They still are the favourite to win the Big Ten

It’s true that all the team goals are still alive, but if the bigger issues with the coaches and lack of fire are not fixed — and I’m not sure they can be fixed this year — then I’m concerned that a playoff game would be a very bad situation for this particular group.  But I like the optimism and know there is plenty of talent and skill at OSU right now, so let’s see how it goes. 

30 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

On Sirius they are talking up Clemson. You constantly bring up the Crimson Tide schedule but it is, imo, ten times as hard as what Clemson faces.

Bama has a few decent opponents coming up 

SEC is usually harder than the ACC 

Edited by row_33