GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

I think scUM is going to try to run a lot of screens. They have only 8 passing TDs on the season. They haven’t thrown a TD to a WR since Week 2. Their OL isn’t good. O’Korn has a 1-5 TD to INT ratio. They will need to use a horizontal passing attack to try to keep tOSU DL from pinning its ears back, if they can’t run effectively. 

Not a fan of either team, but it sure looks like the Big Ten refs are protecting Ohio State's playoff interests.

I won't list them all, but they missed an egregious block in the back in the first half, and marked O'Korn short of a first down at the end of the 1st half, when he clearly reached the ball over the line to gain.

Now they just missed another clear defensive holding, where the Michigan player had his jersey grabbed.

Another intense and thrilling rivalry win.  The "cameraman" situation is just bizarre and I don't know what to say about it.  Haskins was so clutch: splitting the defense on the crazy Mack play, and putting the ball perfectly on the hips of his receivers in stride on the crossing patterns we've been hearing so much about since Kevin Wilson arrived.  Seeing Haskins and Dobbins in the backfield for the comeback made me, and I'm sure many others, wonder "what if" in a year when the Bucks probably won't make the playoff. 

The combination of O'Korn and Harbaugh was just hilarious down the stretch.  I will never understand what Harbaugh was thinking letting that QB throw deep when they miraculously got the ball back after an untimely high snap by the Bucks on third down during what should have been the dagger drive.  It was the most critical possession of the season and needed to be handled super carefully -- and Harbaugh decided to just SEND IT?  Incredible.

Okudah caught my eye on special teams.  He looked NFL fast as a gunner but also undisciplined on a bad penalty.  He's an intriguing talent. 

The bottom line for me: two years in a row UM started strong and grew weaker as the game developed, while OSU started slow and finished strong (thanks, Coach Mick).   That dynamic is deeply satisfying.  I was a student at OSU during the 90's and watched UM crush my dreams as a young man time and time again.  My feeling was that it would take a solid decade of Buckeye dominance to make up for how miserable that team up north made me.  I think we're getting close to redemption...but the Wolverines do not quite yet have my permission to die :)

As for the CFP, my view is that the 2017 Buckeyes blew their chances at Iowa.  At this point, I'd be happy with a B1G championship and the Orange Bowl against Miami.  But... I'm not sure they beat Bucky this weekend.

Separately, WTF is going on with Tennessee and Schiano?  I was driving back to Chicago from Buffalo all day, and heard in fits and spurts that the Vols had surprisingly hired Schiano, and then the fans and state politicians (?!) went nuts because of the PSU connection, and then the university withdrew from a signed Memorandum of Understanding?  And now he wants compensation for the broken MOU?  Crazy - but hopefully he sticks with Ohio State.  I remember this being an issue when the Buckeyes hired him.  It was taken seriously and cleared by the school, so I'm going with that conclusion unless I learn something solid to the contrary.

Go Bucks!

Edited by Willyville Guy

5 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Another intense and thrilling rivalry win.  The "cameraman" situation is just bizarre and I don't know what to say about it.  Haskins was so clutch: splitting the defense on the crazy Mack play, and putting the ball perfectly on the hips of his receivers in stride on the crossing patterns we've been hearing so much about since Kevin Wilson arrived.  Seeing Haskins and Dobbins in the backfield for the comeback made me, and I'm sure many others, wonder "what if" in a year when the Bucks probably won't make the playoff. 

The combination of O'Korn and Harbaugh was just hilarious down the stretch.  I will never understand what Harbaugh was thinking letting that QB throw deep when they miraculously got the ball back after an untimely high snap by the Bucks on third down during what should have been the dagger drive.  It was the most critical possession of the season and needed to be handled super carefully -- and Harbaugh decided to just SEND IT?  Incredible.

Okudah caught my eye on special teams.  He looked NFL fast as a gunner but also undisciplined on a bad penalty.  He's an intriguing talent. 

The bottom line for me: two years in a row UM started strong and grew weaker as the game developed, while OSU started slow and finished strong (thanks, Coach Mick).   That dynamic is deeply satisfying.  I was a student at OSU during the 90's and watched UM crush my dreams as a young man time and time again.  My feeling was that it would take a solid decade of Buckeye dominance to make up for how miserable that team up north made me.  I think we're getting close to redemption...but the Wolverines do not quite yet have my permission to die :)

As for the CFP, my view is that the 2017 Buckeyes blew their chances at Iowa.  At this point, I'd be happy with a B1G championship and the Orange Bowl against Miami.  But... I'm not sure they beat Bucky this weekend.

Separately, WTF is going on with Tennessee and Schiano?  I was driving back to Chicago from Buffalo all day, and heard in fits and spurts that the Vols had surprisingly hired Schiano, and then the fans and state politicians (?!) went nuts because of the PSU connection, and then the university withdrew from a signed Memorandum of Understanding?  And now he wants compensation for the broken MOU?  Crazy - but hopefully he sticks with Ohio State.  I remember this being an issue when the Buckeyes hired him.  It was taken seriously and cleared by the school, so I'm going with that conclusion unless I learn something solid to the contrary.

Go Bucks!

The Schiano/PSU thing came up last summer, after he was hired by Osu. The court docs were unsealed from a deposition that McQueary gave back in 2015. This sums it up pretty well

so the rumor is UT still has to pay him (I heard 20 mill??) for backing out of the MOA. Personally I’m not a fan of him as DC here but it has nothing to do with his character. He may be a good HC again i just thought he underachieved with the talent that we have. Anyway, UT fans don’t want him as coach because they are delusional and think they can do better, and are using this as the reason.