GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Well, OSU seems to have slipped in, Michigan will be huge TCU fans in the morning. 

Can you imagine Michigan finding out their first playoff game is against OSU 🤣

So if TCU loses they would be 4? I feel like the committee wants osu vs UGA 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

So if TCU loses they would be 4? I feel like the committee wants osu vs UGA 

I have a feeling if TCU loses today, especially if it's by more than 3, OSU and Bama would sneak in.

Making it 1 UGA 2 Michigan 3 OSU 4 Bama.

I mean that would probably push the 12 team playoff quicker from the anger of other conferences. 

I just don't see TCU getting in if they can't beat Kansas State. 

32 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I have a feeling if TCU loses today, especially if it's by more than 3, OSU and Bama would sneak in.

Making it 1 UGA 2 Michigan 3 OSU 4 Bama.

I mean that would probably push the 12 team playoff quicker from the anger of other conferences. 

I just don't see TCU getting in if they can't beat Kansas State. 

There would be so much outrage but the committee has set it up for this possibility 

10 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Well, OSU seems to have slipped in, Michigan will be huge TCU fans in the morning. 

Can you imagine Michigan finding out their first playoff game is against OSU 🤣

Somehow I think Michigan will be fine with that. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There would be so much outrage but the committee has set it up for this possibility 

So much outrage... why? Only Vols fans should be outraged.

Other 2 loss teams:

Tennessee

Penn State

Clemson

Who thinks that Penn State or Clemson are better than Alabama? Tennessee beat Alabama HTH so there is my beef.

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So much outrage... why? Only Vols fans should be outraged.

Other 2 loss teams:

Tennessee

Penn State

Clemson

Who thinks that Penn State or Clemson are better than Alabama? Tennessee beat Alabama HTH so there is my beef.

Seems to be from vols fans and then everyone  who just does not like Ohio state 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems to be from vols fans and then everyone  who just does not like Ohio state 

We have one loss against the #2 in the nation.... USC lost, so yeah, after the committee trying to get two SEC teams in year after year, they can rot.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We have one loss against the #2 in the nation.... USC lost, so yeah, after the committee trying to get two SEC teams in year after year, they can rot.

I think with a month for Day to prepare and also to get treveyon, miyan and even jsn back healthy along with Matt jones on the line… I’d be excited to see a matchup with any of these teams 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

Somehow I think Michigan will be fine with that. 

Nothing against Michigan, they played a great game against OSU. 

Beating the same team twice is difficult for anyone when it's a good team.

Michigan wouldn't welcome it.

9 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Don't sweat it, OSU is the most deserving 4th team. I always feel the 4th team always ends up being a fringe team anyways.

Rarely do we get a cut and dry "top 4"

9 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The main issue I have is OSU is essentially rewarded for NOT making their conference championship.  And I understand this isn't the first year it's happened.  But teams shouldn't be rewarded for sitting at home.

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

The main issue I have is OSU is essentially rewarded for NOT making their conference championship.  And I understand this isn't the first year it's happened.  But teams shouldn't be rewarded for sitting at home.

Looking at the Big Ten, which is finally getting rid of the divisions next year so this won’t happen anymore, the committee likely believes osu already played  in the conference championship last week. They lost. Those were the top two teams in the division. No one from the big ten west is close. They only have a team in the conference championship because it’s required. It’s like that every year because the divisions are lopsided. Starting next year it will be the top 2 seeds and theoretically Ohio state and Michigan could play two weeks in a row.

Anyway, the committee typically only factors in conference championships if a team wins (not just makes it) and they need a tiebreaker. Otherwise they look at entire body of work. Obviously, playing in that game and winning in really impressive fashion can also propel a team in (like Ohio state getting in over TCU 2014 when the Big 12 did not yet have a conference championship game). So team sitting at home not always rewarded.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

Fair argument, but you shouldn't be given a pass for losing a conference title game either. 

2024 it won't matter much, will be 12 teams. Then everyone will argue about why they should be 12 not 13. 🤷

• Like (+1) 1