GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Any big name WRs or OL in the Michigan/OSU game to watch? 

Take your pick on several O-Lineman from both teams.

I still think that DB Mike Sainristil would look good in a Bills uniform. A former WR turned DB, sounds just like the kind of player McDermott would love.

Congrats, Blue. 

Just a brutal and embarrassing loss — as bad as I can remember. Makes me wonder about Day, Knowles, and Marotti. I was a student at tOSU from 94-98 and suffered awful losses against TTUN during that time. Even after 20 years of dominance, those feelings are still raw and easily brought to the surface on a day like today. Just awful. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

In 2019 we lost to Clemson in the playoff after being up 16-0 and some very suspect (corrupt) officiating … had an unbelievable team that year too. Then the Bills lost to Houston a week later in the playoffs after being up 16-0 and some very suspect (corrupt) officiating. Had to be the worst college/nfl combo year of my life. 

2019 was the year — the failure to win a natty caused lasting consequences. 

Also, I still can’t see a blindside block penalty without getting mad all over agin about that Bills-Houston game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

In 2019 we lost to Clemson in the playoff after being up 16-0 and some very suspect (corrupt) officiating … had an unbelievable team that year too. Then the Bills lost to Houston a week later in the playoffs after being up 16-0 and some very suspect (corrupt) officiating. Had to be the worst college/nfl combo year of my life. 

Absolutely hate when the sports Gods gang up on people like that.   Haven't had a combo quite like that in my life.  Mostly just the Bills punching me in the nuts since I was 5.   Tell my kid all the time that his generation of Bills fans is spoiled.

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So sad! 90s all over again.

:(

Ha!  I don't think OSU is returning to the days of Cooper and Bruce anytime soon.

Sorry about the loss.  I'm not an OSU fan, but watching the game I can offer you this: 

OSU coaches are lazy due to the talent there.  Edwards broke two touchdowns on the same exact play.  No adjustments.   I feel like Michigan's 2nd half deep balls were thrown looking more for the PI call  than a completion.  For as good a game as Harrison Jr. had, I felt like he was uncoverable and should have been used more.

OSU has greatly qualified coaches on both sides of the ball. They need to take a page from Harbaugh and dedicate themselves more to coaching details and dictating identity on both sides of the ball.  Including adjustments, which are generally unneeded for almost all their opponents. Almost all.

It's why Harbaugh almost got fired and his improvements made all the difference today, just like last year.  I think cutting Day loose would be a stupid move, but he does need to grow.

Shoutout to TE Cade Stover, who went to my high school and has to be hurting from those important passes on his fingertips he just couldn't quite corral.  Great player but those will torture him a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

I take solace in knowing that no matter what, since 1997, the Buckeyes have two more championships than Xichigan. 

Ryan Day should be fired if he loses to Xichigan next season. I'm tired of the lack of adjustments and pedestrian play calling on offense. Harbaugh is clearly outcoaching him at this point.

May as well hash it out here since I know all the tOSU fans are discussing it with their friends. Do you want another shot this year if the chips fall that way? Have to say I'm concerned, for a number of reasons, but ultimately if they can get in the CFP a month from now with a healthy JSN (absent a business decision that may have already been made), Henderson, and Miyan, then I say go for it.

Also, take it easy with the Fire Day stuff.  He's a first time HC getting schooled a little bit by a veteran coach who has already excelled in college and the pros. I say let this man grow and cook a little more before calling him Cooper.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

May as well hash it out here since I know all the tOSU fans are discussing it with their friends. Do you want another shot this year if the chips fall that way? Have to say I'm concerned, for a number of reasons, but ultimately if they can get in the CFP a month from now with a healthy JSN (absent a business decision that may have already been made), Henderson, and Miyan, then I say go for it.

Also, take it easy with the Fire Day stuff.  He's a first time HC getting schooled a little bit by a veteran coach who has already excelled in college and the pros. I say let this man grow and cook a little more before calling him Cooper.

Yes of course. I don’t think USC or TCU will lose but if that would happen … i definitely want a shot. Esp if we can get JSN back (kind of like when waddle returned for bama in playoff, even limited) and treveyon, miyan,  Matt jones… lots of time to heal up 

53 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Time for a raise and a promotion. Well deserved. Hope it’s enough to keep him. 

He would be dumb to not take it that job if offered.  He has been in Ohio for most of his life, and Cincinnati is a decent team.  Not a complete rebuild, and he would be familiar with their system I would assume following Fickel.

9 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Time for a raise and a promotion. Well deserved. Hope it’s enough to keep him. 

My neighbor knows him and I’d be pretty surprised if he goes there. He’s not really looking to coach anywhere else in college or be a HC. He would prefer to coach WR in the nfl if he ever left Ohio state. I’m thinking it’s a leverage move to take the interview. But we will see. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My neighbor knows him and I’d be pretty surprised if he goes there. He’s not really looking to coach anywhere else in college or be a HC. He would prefer to coach WR in the nfl if he ever left Ohio state. I’m thinking it’s a leverage move to take the interview. But we will see. 

Go Bucks

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Our receivers coach did a lousy job this season and O'Brien is the worst OC we have had in recent memory. I am thinking that Nick could find a place for him.

Can’t think of any reason he would make that kind of move. From what i know, If he leaves Ohio state it would be to coach in the nfl. 

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can’t think of any reason he would make that kind of move. From what i know, If he leaves Ohio state it would be to coach in the nfl. 

You are probably right.

The only draw that Alabama might have would be for him to look around at the salaries that Saban ex-assistants get paid. I'm talking about Kiffen, Smart, Locksley, Daboll, Jimbo, and countless others. Those five combined are good for close to, if not more than 50 million dollars in yearly salary. 

The man already has a great resume. Coaching for Saban would imo provide him with a one way ticket to the gravy train. In addition to the great receivers currently on your team, he can take at least some credit for Jameson Williams, who was already great when he came to Alabama. It will forever remain a mystery to me why he didn't play more at OSU but I think that ultimately Day was to blame. The current Alabama team would not lack talented players for him to develop.

Coaching in the NFL is much easier than in college imo. Recruiting is a huge task. I also think that quite a few head coaches make considerably more money in college. I mean, look at the money that Mel Tucker makes but I digress.

It would be very smart of Saban to covet Hartline. Taking a coach like him from a great program and consistent rival would be monumental. Do I think that it will happen? No, I do not but a man can dream, no? :) 

EDIT: I forgot to mention Sarkisian. 

Edited by Bill from NYC