GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Ransom not even trying to get lower, he's launching up as he smashes the side of wr's head and neck with his helmet. Such a dangerous play, then he laughs on the sideline and goes unpunished. The complete opposite message of what the sport is trying to promote.

It's disgusting. People saying that's just football are idiots. It's a dangerous sport but that's why these rules exist in the first place. If that kind of violence and injury is why you watch football(read multiple posts online today of people saying this), get help.  That's a young man's brain being damaged for your entertainment. 

(the get help comment is in general and not to anyone in particular)

I thought it was targeting 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bad and will only get worse. But he can’t be fired mid season I would think, simply due to recruiting. What a mess!

Paging Marcus Freeman. Marcus Freeman, please pick up the white curtesy phone. 

Look I love Coach Coombs and give him a pass for last year (even though the lack of any adjustments in the natty game was physically painful to watch). Seems like nothing has changed. The scheme issue has the feel of something that will fade out of the spotlight for a month or two as OSU moves through the rest of its schedule, but we know it will pop up again at the worst possible time. 

• Sad 1

Tough times on D made even worse with Proctor's season-ending injury.  I feel terrible for the kid.

Duane Long on the Bucknuts Morning 5 today said they may look at Egbuka to play safety.  Apparently he was a special player on defense in high school, the move would put five star talent on the back end of the defense, and it would give him game experience while he waits for his time to come at WR.  Interesting.

Also, this from today's press conference with Day, according to the 11W presser bullets:

• On whether Sevyn Banks is dealing with anything besides an injury issue: "No, nothing else." 

• On Sevyn Banks: "He's not too injured to play."

Not sure what to make of that.

Hopefully we see some clear changes soon because the current situation seems bad both on and off the field.

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

Tough times on D made even worse with Proctor's season-ending injury.  I feel terrible for the kid.

Duane Long on the Bucknuts Morning 5 today said they may look at Egbuka to play safety.  Apparently he was a special player on defense in high school, the move would put five star talent on the back end of the defense, and it would give him game experience while he waits for his time to come at WR.  Interesting.

Also, this from today's press conference with Day, according to the 11W presser bullets:

• On whether Sevyn Banks is dealing with anything besides an injury issue: "No, nothing else." 

• On Sevyn Banks: "He's not too injured to play."

Not sure what to make of that.

Hopefully we see some clear changes soon because the current situation seems bad both on and off the field.

Changes are coming. If Coombs is still calling the defense by the Akron game, it means a bunch of guys turned down his job. Per Nevada.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kirk Barton and Nevada got fired from Buckeye Scoop for paying a player for info.  As if this week couldn’t get any more dramatic. 

That’s unfortunate. My sense was that Nevada had serious inside info during the Tress years, but his sources faded during the Urban era and beyond. He may have been desperate to stay relevant.

Barton… that’s surprising. 

Edited by Willyville Guy
  • Agree 1

Thoughts on Stroud? He’s clearly hurt, he talks about it every week. Is McCord/Miller/ewers that much far behind him that they think an injured stroud is their best option? He won’t run with it with limits things a lot. I don’t love his demeanor on the field either. Doesn’t have that leadership vibe. I don’t think he’s “bad” and I know their issues go far beyond QB but I’m still not in a great place with him. He sails passes and always throws high. Olave didn’t help himself with the drop yesterday, that wasn’t on CJ. I don’t think the pick was on CJ either because Ruck should have fought for that ball. But I would not mind seeing McCord in this offense. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts on Stroud? He’s clearly hurt, he talks about it every week. Is McCord/Miller/ewers that much far behind him that they think an injured stroud is their best option? He won’t run with it with limits things a lot. I don’t love his demeanor on the field either. Doesn’t have that leadership vibe. I don’t think he’s “bad” and I know their issues go far beyond QB but I’m still not in a great place with him. He sails passes and always throws high. Olave didn’t help himself with the drop yesterday, that wasn’t on CJ. I don’t think the pick was on CJ either because Ruck should have fought for that ball. But I would not mind seeing McCord in this offense. 

Many thoughts on Stroud and the QB situation in general.  Overall I accept that he's 19 and has just three college games under his belt.  He seems like a talented quarterback and a potential NFL prospect.  His on-field demeanor as a leader needs significant development, which I think can only come with time, experience, and coaching. This team has some real issues; I don't Stroud is one of them. 

That said, the defense has this team in a situation where they need to score on almost every drive, and so far I don't see the urgency or accuracy from Stroud to meet that unfortunate need. I agree that he's missing high, and the few picks have been untimely. I'm concerned that Penn State is going to feast on him next month unless something changes. So, given the needs of the team right now, I'd like to see Day mix in McCord if the offense is sputtering mid-game.  I'm not giving up on Stroud, but after three games I'd like to see what else we have here. 

• Like (+1) 1