GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, H2o said:

Can't wait to see TreVeyon Henderson take the field on Thursday at 8:00pm. All kinds of people are getting together to watch the game here in his hometown and see what he does on the field. It's a pretty cool and exciting moment. :thumbsup:

That's awesome -- I expect that tOSU will pick up some new fans in Hopewell over the next couple of years!

• Like (+1) 1

Minnesota has come to play. Ibrahim would look good in a Bills uni next year. That kid runs hard and has good vision. :thumbsup: Tre only got one carry so I hope to see him some more in the 2nd half. Stroud looks shaky back there. But he's 19 years old, first start, and on the road in a hostile environment.

• Like (+1) 1

I just turned on the game. Minnesota ball.  A penalty, 2 runs up the middle into an extremely stacked line and a timeout because the play clock. Then a run for 3 yards after the wasted timeout. Who designed this offense?😁

Edited by Turk71

That wasn't targeting at all. Just because he hit him in the head full speed with his helmet knocking him unconscious doesn't make it targeting. Clean play and a fumble, move that unconscious kid out of the way.😳

Edited by Turk71

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

That wasn't targeting at all. Just because he hit him in the head full speed with his helmet knocking him unconscious doesn't make it targeting. Clean play and a fumble, move that unconscious kid out of the way.😳

It is the most inconsistently called penalty in sports. I understand why it exists but they almost always get it wrong. And unless they can see intent, it should just be a 15 yard penalty. The extreme consequence is what riles everyone up. 

Well that was quite an adventure.  One thing I loved though is that OSU didn't just grind out a win, they started throwing haymakers like crazy when needed to separate and win the game.  When Meatball came back in with the lead in the 4th, 130 years of Ohio State football told me it was "three yards and a cloud of dust" time -- and I was fine with that. But instead they threw a bomb for a TD and made it look easy.  Backbreaker.  Love it. 

As for the defense, sheesh.  I'll reserve judgment on the back end until the CBs come back and they have more game reps overall, but man that was frustrating to watch.  

Edited by Willyville Guy

3 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Well that was quite an adventure.  One thing I loved though is that OSU didn't just grind out a win, they started throwing haymakers like crazy when needed to separate and win the game.  When Meatball came back in with the lead in the 4th, 130 years of Ohio State football told me it was "three yards and a cloud of dust" time -- and I was fine with that. But instead they threw a bomb for a TD and made it look easy.  Backbreaker.  Love it. 

As for the defense, sheesh.  I'll reserve judgment on the back end until the CBs come back and they have more game reps overall, but man that was frustrating to watch.  

As a neutral observer that game was not a fun watch.  They showed 2 defensive pass break ups in short order both clearly pi.  Then the targeting non call.  Yeesh.

That was a tough game to watch and I would be irate if I were a gophers fan.  Osu is clearly the better team but that was not a well officiated game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, section122 said:

As a neutral observer that game was not a fun watch.  They showed 2 defensive pass break ups in short order both clearly pi.  Then the targeting non call.  Yeesh.

That was a tough game to watch and I would be irate if I were a gophers fan.  Osu is clearly the better team but that was not a well officiated game.

On the other side, the roughing the passer call that negated the interception by proctor was a joke. And minny’s first TD was a clear hold on the OL, he tackled the DL 🤣. To be fair I thought one of the pass breakups was questionable given how they had called an earlier one but the other was clean 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

On the other side, the roughing the passer call that negated the interception by proctor was a joke. And minny’s first TD was a clear hold on the OL, he tackled the DL

No argument here.  Its was a warm up game for the refs as well lol.

Who's reffing the Oregon game?

The Big 10 conference homer refs or a neutral conference?

I cannot believe that play was reviewed and instead of targeting they changed the call to a fumble and recovery. Besides the impact on the game the optics for the sport were just horrific. The guy was hit in the head with the helmet and literally knocked unconcious. 

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Who's reffing the Oregon game?

The Big 10 conference homer refs or a neutral conference?

I cannot believe that play was reviewed and instead of targeting they changed the call to a fumble and recovery. Besides the impact on the game the optics for the sport were just horrific. The guy was hit in the head with the helmet and literally knocked unconcious. 

Well Minnesota is in the big ten too so guess those refs weren’t big ten homers on that play. Not sure about next week’s refs.

image.png.eafef03bea568896e62d300da90e1769.pngcontent://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1630710477032662557618.jpgimage.png.eafef03bea568896e62d300da90e1769.png

Launches headfirst and hits him in the earhole with his helmet. Exactly the hit the rule was to prevent. How the ***** does that not draw a penalty? He was out before he hit the ground!

Then they only reviewed the play to see if he fumbled? Didn't even look at or mention the targeting, nothing to see here.  It's not a good look for the Big 10. Didn't they change their league rules near the end of season in Dec last year to benefit Ohio State?

Hard to understand how anyone could think the Big 10 is protecting and aiding their best chance at $$$$$$$ and a title. huh?

Edited by Turk71

6 hours ago, section122 said:

That's all true, but honestly OSU was going to win. They were clearly better, the targeting had no effect. Some of the non called DPI? Probably did.

I still feel OSU would have done what was needed regardless. 

And honestly I don't care for OSU, but hey.

Ransom not even trying to get lower, he's launching up as he smashes the side of wr's head and neck with his helmet. Such a dangerous play, then he laughs on the sideline and goes unpunished. The complete opposite message of what the sport is trying to promote.

It's disgusting. People saying that's just football are idiots. It's a dangerous sport but that's why these rules exist in the first place. If that kind of violence and injury is why you watch football(read multiple posts online today of people saying this), get help.  That's a young man's brain being damaged for your entertainment. 

(the get help comment is in general and not to anyone in particular)

Edited by Turk71