GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

So are we cool with Vrabel again?  Because last I checked we were pissed at him for raiding Urban's coaching staff. As I recall someone close to the program called him a fake Buckeye.

Not a huge vrabel fan tbh. I don’t think he’s a good person and I didn’t think he was a good coach either, until these last 2 weeks. I do give him a ton of credit for his playoff wins this year. Very impressive. 

it’s going to be a month until we get Kerry Coombs back isnt it 

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not a huge vrabel fan tbh. I don’t think he’s a good person and I didn’t think he was a good coach either, until these last 2 weeks. I do give him a ton of credit for his playoff wins this year. Very impressive. 

it’s going to be a month until we get Kerry Coombs back isnt it 

Same - surprised to see OSU beat writers celebrating his success after going in on him not too long ago. And yes, adding further annoyance to the whole thing is that we'll have to wait even longer for Coombs.  The bright spot, I guess, is that the lack of *any* information on the next DB coach is a pretty strong indicator that it will be Coombs after the Titans' season is over. 

7 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Same - surprised to see OSU beat writers celebrating his success after going in on him not too long ago. And yes, adding further annoyance to the whole thing is that we'll have to wait even longer for Coombs.  The bright spot, I guess, is that the lack of *any* information on the next DB coach is a pretty strong indicator that it will be Coombs after the Titans' season is over. 

Yep it has been crickets. No way they wait this long unless he’s waiting in the wings. I think a lot of osu reporters got a laugh out of the “just another Buckeye beating a Harbaugh” story line after the ravens game. It’s interesting that some media run with the narrative of vrabel being part of the belichick coaching tree even though he never coached for him. If anything he’s part of Urban’s coaching tree. Or Bill O Brien’s, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Pay Brian Hartline and secure his services for a long, long time. 

I was talking to a local HS coach a couple weeks ago who knows hartline pretty well - he said he’s a millionaire whose goal is to become the best WR coach in the country at his alma mater. He does not desire to be an OC or a HC, he’s set for life money wise and has young kids he wants to see. Invested well with his nfl money and owns some stores or something. It was great to hear. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are these guys important players? I suppose that laws against rape are "secondary" to these guys.

Situations like this just suck and can happen to any team. I just hope that the women are ok.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-ohio-state-football-players-charged-rape-kidnapping-court-records-n1135566

Edited by Bill from NYC

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Are these guys important players? I suppose that laws against rape are "secondary" to these guys.

Situations like this just suck and can happen to any team. I just hope that the women are ok.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-ohio-state-football-players-charged-rape-kidnapping-court-records-n1135566

No, they are both backups who only played in garbage time. Reip did play vs Clemson when Wade was ejected. He’s terrible but had more potential than Wint. Neither have been up to standard for the program or the secondary and I don’t think either would have earned much playing time this year outside of mop up duty. They are both off the team now, regardless of the outcome of the charges. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Good. As I said, it could happen to any team. The "secondary" comment was me alluding to my distaste to drafting first round DBs. I guess it wasn't funny. :)

Went over my head entirely, lol. Neither of these guys could find the 1st rd of an draft if it was shoved up their arse

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Don't do this to Yoyo..........he still believes Urban is on his death bed.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.