GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Came out hot with three TDs in the first six minutes. Fields looked great early. Dobbins ran hard - sick stiff arm on one play in particular. McCall ripped a 37 yd punt return and picked up yards as backup RB. It was fun as hell to finally see Victor and Olave featured at WR. Then FAU started making some adjustments, the pass protection started looking iffy, Fields got hit hard a few times and made some rookie decisions with the ball, a couple of fumbles, and all of a sudden the Bucks went nine series in a row without a score. 

Meanwhile, in the second half Kiffin started attacking the seams in the zone with his tight ends (as Harbaugh likes to do), and it worked. On one play in particular Wint tried to defend a pass without turning around, giving me nightmares about 2018, and all of a sudden this blowout celebration wasn’t as much fun for me as it should have been.  

Talent won out in the end.  Run blocking looks solid, Fields grinded out tough yards in the second half, Mack made a sick leaping catch on a big play, and today Jeremy Ruckert looked like he may live up to the Gronk-level hype. Teague got good experience in the 4th quarter. But, it’s not hard to imagine how this game would have played out against a good team. 

On D, Young and Okudah looked as good as advertised. It was mentioned that Young added 20 pounds of muscle this offseason?! Thanks Chase and Coach Mick. Malik Harrison looked good to me, too. 

My nemesis Luck Fickell on deck with a Cincinnati team full of a kids who dreamed of  one day playing for the Buckeyes. Yikes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/31/2019 at 9:22 PM, Willyville Guy said:

Came out hot with three TDs in the first six minutes. Fields looked great early. Dobbins ran hard - sick stiff arm on one play in particular. McCall ripped a 37 yd punt return and picked up yards as backup RB. It was fun as hell to finally see Victor and Olave featured at WR. Then FAU started making some adjustments, the pass protection started looking iffy, Fields got hit hard a few times and made some rookie decisions with the ball, a couple of fumbles, and all of a sudden the Bucks went nine series in a row without a score. 

Meanwhile, in the second half Kiffin started attacking the seams in the zone with his tight ends (as Harbaugh likes to do), and it worked. On one play in particular Wint tried to defend a pass without turning around, giving me nightmares about 2018, and all of a sudden this blowout celebration wasn’t as much fun for me as it should have been.  

Talent won out in the end.  Run blocking looks solid, Fields grinded out tough yards in the second half, Mack made a sick leaping catch on a big play, and today Jeremy Ruckert looked like he may live up to the Gronk-level hype. Teague got good experience in the 4th quarter. But, it’s not hard to imagine how this game would have played out against a good team. 

On D, Young and Okudah looked as good as advertised. It was mentioned that Young added 20 pounds of muscle this offseason?! Thanks Chase and Coach Mick. Malik Harrison looked good to me, too. 

My nemesis Luck Fickell on deck with a Cincinnati team full of a kids who dreamed of  one day playing for the Buckeyes. Yikes.

Didnt stay for the entire game, but my quick view on the first half was that OSU showed who was boss in the first quarter.  FAU losing its starting tailback on the second series didn't help.  The foot came off the gas in the second quarter as the game was in hand.  The entent of the game from that point forward for OSU was to get Fields game time action without showing the entire playbook.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

Didnt stay for the entire game, but my quick view on the first half was that OSU showed who was boss in the first quarter.  FAU losing its starting tailback on the second series didn't help.  The foot came off the gas in the second quarter as the game was in hand.  The entent of the game from that point forward for OSU was to get Fields game time action without showing the entire playbook.

That makes sense.  Tough to draw conclusions after Game 1 against an opponent like that, although I'm very happy overall with how Fields looked -- which is the most important thing.

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

They started shuffling around on the OL too and it showed - especially josh alibi for Thayer Munford

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

cause it was like gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagetime after 2 possessions?

4 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

The Bucks looked like a complete team during their 51-10 beat down of the Hoosiers.  Highly enjoyable.  Dare I say... 9 strong?

Yes. You can say that. Fields adds another dimension with that zone read but there were those “I miss Dwayne” moments with some inaccurate throws. The defense looks so filthy, though... i need to take a shower after watching them. They are ridiculous. and the WRs are so good it’s going to help Fields a ton in his development. He’s still only played 3 games, and he’s self aware to know he’s not where he needs to be. His numbers though ??

• Like (+1) 1