GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There’s a football game* this weekend, beetches

Football never stopped!  The craze known as the AAF is going to take over from the NFL because of less commercials and more QB hitting.  Btw, I've been very busy with work, anyone have a status update on that league?

Edited by Chuck Wagon

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Football never stopped!  The craze known as the AAF is going to take over from the NFL because of less commercials and more QB hitting.  Btw, I've been very busy with work, anyone have a status update on that league?

Folded. 40 guys have been signed by nfl teams. None to Bills though. 

2 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I am amped for the spring game and expecting the Bucks to be awesome this year.

Media who has been watching practice say Fields is a bigger version of Braxton Miller  (which they say is pretty darn dynamic) at this point and not to expect Haskins level passing. While I’m not expecting that, the kid has only had 20 practices and still learning the playbook. My buddy saw Haskins in spring practice last year and said urban let the wrong kid transfer (burrow) because Dwayne was so inconsistent. The key is not to compare Fields to any previous QB who has been here I think - and let Day structure an offense his (immense) strengths 

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Media who has been watching practice say Fields is a bigger version of Braxton Miller  (which they say is pretty darn dynamic) at this point and not to expect Haskins level passing. While I’m not expecting that, the kid has only had 20 practices and still learning the playbook. My buddy saw Haskins in spring practice last year and said urban let the wrong kid transfer (burrow) because Dwayne was so inconsistent. The key is not to compare Fields to any previous QB who has been here I think - and let Day structure an offense his (immense) strengths 

I'm envisioning a Deshaun Watson type, they are training together.

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm envisioning a Deshaun Watson type, they are training together.

Watson, Fields, and Haskins all train under Quincy Avery. Avery steered Fields toward Ryan Day after he saw what he did with Haskins. I believe he will run better than Haskins and faster than Barrett, and throw better than Barrett but may not have all the throws in the arsenal that Haskins does... but have to remember he’s technically a freshman right now. He would have still been in HS this time last year. Haskins was three years into the program even with only starting one year. I’m optimistic. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Watson, Fields, and Haskins all train under Quincy Avery. Avery steered Fields toward Ryan Day after he saw what he did with Haskins. I believe he will run better than Haskins and faster than Barrett, and throw better than Barrett but may not have all the throws in the arsenal that Haskins does... but have to remember he’s technically a freshman right now. He would have still been in HS this time last year. Haskins was three years into the program even with only starting one year. I’m optimistic. 

I hope playing QB at OSU is the only thing Fields has in common with Barrett.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

Seems to track the ball better than anyone at OSU since Devin Smith. Plus he's strong enough to go up and take it. This kid has to see the field this year.

Early word is he will play... a lot. Not the biggest or fastest, but most natural talent at WR here in awhile 

Edited by YoloinOhio